Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Nice to hear, seems scouts were big on him and he has won a crapload of games.

But, goalies seem just so hard to project how career will unfold.

Hope he comes into Hamilton next fall and can hold his own.

Nice to hear, seems scouts were big on him and he has won a crapload of games.

But, goalies seem just so hard to project how career will unfold.

Hope he comes into Hamilton next fall and can hold his own.

Oh yeah, there is no telling how his career will go. But just in terms of the games I have seen from goalies that age, he is really good.

• Upvote 1

Rumour has it the KHL is on the verge of collapsing.

Who do we poach and why? GO!

I believe if somebody is signed from Europe now, that they would have to go through waivers? Since we are essentially at the top of the pile we probably are going to miss on the real goods ones, which would likely be claimed before we got at them. If the rumour is correct, I don't see too much movement until the start of the new year.

Rumour has it the KHL is on the verge of collapsing.

Who do we poach and why? GO!

I don't buy the rumour (even with the Ruble falling, Putin is a big fan of the KHL and would prop it up if need be) but always Radulov. I don't care about his attitude. If the Predators still own his rights I'd give a first round pick for them. He's 28 and has more skill than 95% of NHL forwards.

I believe if somebody is signed from Europe now, that they would have to go through waivers? Since we are essentially at the top of the pile we probably are going to miss on the real goods ones, which would likely be claimed before we got at them. If the rumour is correct, I don't see too much movement until the start of the new year.

Anyone not on a teams' reserve list must go through entry waivers and yes, the good ones would be picked off quickly.

I don't buy the rumour (even with the Ruble falling, Putin is a big fan of the KHL and would prop it up if need be) but always Radulov. I don't care about his attitude. If the Predators still own his rights I'd give a first round pick for them. He's 28 and has more skill than 95% of NHL forwards.

Radulov is a UFA now that he's past the age of 27.

Assuming that Putin survives the next couple of months. A collapsing currency is the stuff revolutions are made of.

Anyone not on a teams' reserve list must go through entry waivers and yes, the good ones would be picked off quickly.

Radulov is a UFA now that he's past the age of 27.

Does that apply if the league collapses, essentially voiding all contracts?

Radulov would be a UFA in the NHL because of his age. Even if the KHL collapsed, there are other players, whose rights may still be owned by NHL teams, so they would not be UFA's in the NHL.

Assuming that Putin survives the next couple of months. A collapsing currency is the stuff revolutions are made of.

Here is pretty good story on the situation in Russia http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/russias-kontinental-hockey-league-on-the-verge-of-financial-ruin/article22138117/

Could be where the rumour came. Don't think Putin is going let it collapse just yet.

Guest Stogey24

Yup, he's pretty slick

Ummm excuse me..

Ilya anyone??

Under what scenario do you see us being able to afford him? I believe New Jersey would still retain his rights since he "retired". And I bet they are hoping the KHL stays in business. They do not want to have to honor that contract.

• Upvote 1

Yes. It's the same rule for all European leagues, not just an NHL-KHL agreement. If a player not on a reserve list plays anywhere overseas, he must go through entry waivers that season to sign in North America (including the AHL; Hamilton stole a player off entry waivers years ago).

Under what scenario do you see us being able to afford him? I believe New Jersey would still retain his rights since he "retired". And I bet they are hoping the KHL stays in business. They do not want to have to honor that contract.

There is a set period of time where New Jersey retains exclusive rights to Kovalchuk as part of his 'negotiated retirement'. I think it's until he's 35 but I'm not positive on that.

Yes. It's the same rule for all European leagues, not just an NHL-KHL agreement. If a player not on a reserve list plays anywhere overseas, he must go through entry waivers that season to sign in North America (including the AHL; Hamilton stole a player off entry waivers years ago).

There is a set period of time where New Jersey retains exclusive rights to Kovalchuk as part of his 'negotiated retirement'. I think it's until he's 35 but I'm not positive on that.

Well if that is the case then he is committed to New Jersey for the next 3 or 4 years. But I just don't see the entire league collapsing, maybe up to 10 teams (only my opinion no facts stated) which would leave much smaller but stronger KHL wealth wise.

Well if that is the case then he is committed to New Jersey for the next 3 or 4 years. But I just don't see the entire league collapsing, maybe up to 10 teams (only my opinion no facts stated) which would leave much smaller but stronger KHL wealth wise.

I don't see the KHL folding either. They'll contract teams - and they could really benefit from that - and that should keep them on semi-stable ground. I do expect Kovalchuk to come back though whenever his ties to the Devils are over.

I don't see the KHL folding either. They'll contract teams - and they could really benefit from that - and that should keep them on semi-stable ground. I do expect Kovalchuk to come back though whenever his ties to the Devils are over.

Really? Why is that Brian? Does he have a problem with Joisy.