Cataclaw

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out this.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

I hope Huet apologized to the entire team tonight.

What am I looking for?

BTW Bobby Lou has 48 saves in a 2-2 tie against the Preds right now.

Make that 50 with 2 more huge saves

Edited by Wamsley01

What am I looking for?

BTW Bobby Lou has 48 saves in a 2-2 tie against the Preds right now.

Make that 50 with 2 more huge saves

Yeah he is doing well to keep the Nucks in the hunt.

Huet faced the media after the game and cudos to him he said it was all his fault for the loss his team mates did not that is a sign of a good team but Huet needs to sit on the bench and learn his lesson.

Carbo should have YANKED him.

Yeah he is doing well to keep the Nucks in the hunt.

Huet faced the media after the game and cudos to him he said it was all his fault for the loss his team mates did not that is a sign of a good team but Huet needs to sit on the bench and learn his lesson.

Carbo should have YANKED him.

Well, considering the short leash he had on Price maybe. But it would have had to happen after the 3rd goal.

Jesus, Luongo is on fire tonight. He just stole 2.

Edited by Wamsley01

Well, considering the short leash he had on Price maybe. But it would have had to happen after the 3rd goal.

Jesus, Luongo is on fire tonight

He has to try to win thats what he said he would do you win you play so Huet can NOT start Saturday.

He has to try to win thats what he said he would do you win you play so Huet can NOT start Saturday.

Agreed. Price gets the start until he loses and so on, and so on.

Agreed. Price gets the start until he loses and so on, and so on.

I would say until he loses 2 in a row.

Huet can not keep this team in close games and the games will just get tighter and tigher for the rest of the season.

I would say until he loses 2 in a row.

Huet can not keep this team in close games and the games will just get tighter and tigher for the rest of the season.

Let Price earn the second start....it's not like he doesn't let in softies too.

No this is 2 more point lost by Huet he must be the worst clutch goalie in the league.

Price better start Saturday or I will puke.

Yeah, he was bad, I agree. But we wouldn't have been in the game if it weren't for Pittsburgh's bad goal-tending, so it kind of evens out. They managed to get more shots on net which was the difference. We had plenty of open nets that we couldn't bury.

I agree that Price should and probably will start on Saturday, but Huet has rebounded from bad games pretty well before. He doesn't deserve the next start, but Price doesn't deserve it that much either.

Huet has rebounded from bad games pretty well before. He doesn't deserve the next start, but Price doesn't deserve it that much either.

Agreed....call up Halak! It'd send Price and Huet a message.

Yeah, he was bad, I agree. But we wouldn't have been in the game if it weren't for Pittsburgh's bad goal-tending, so it kind of evens out. They managed to get more shots on net which was the difference. We had plenty of open nets that we couldn't bury.

I agree that Price should and probably will start on Saturday, but Huet has rebounded from bad games pretty well before. He doesn't deserve the next start, but Price doesn't deserve it that much either.

Well Price deserves it if you go back over each of their last 5 starts.

Price 3-2 with a .926 Save Percentage and 2.37 GAA.

Huet is 1-4 with a .852 Save Percentage and 4.95 GAA.

I think those numbers are a pretty clear indication of who deserves the next start.

What would be the mood on this board if we had not won on Tuesday. I know I would be paranoid.

I still say Huet didn't play any better than Price vs Rangers, the team was just possessed because of the fans going mental and they were winning that game whoever was in net. While Huet stopped all 3 in the shootout, he did the same thing he always does...he took out the bottom of the net and not one of the Rangers shooters went high. Huet will likely get beat 90% of the time up high on shootouts or breakaways because he's lying down or down early in the butterfly block. Watch, you'll see I'm right. He got lucky on Tuesday, the Rangers shooters were not paying attention to the book on Huet.

That's the way they've shown themselves to the media.

I'm not sure about that. I've been to a couple of games and they're great in the pre-game at 6pm. Very supportive of each other. Everything you read about the character of both guys shows them both to be genuinely nice people. A couple of my buddy's talked to Price at Hamilton airport on his recent return (got me an autograph) and both said he was a really nice, sincere, humble guy.

I'm not sure about that. I've been to a couple of games and they're great in the pre-game at 6pm. Very supportive of each other. Everything you read about the character of both guys shows them both to be genuinely nice people. A couple of my buddy's talked to Price at Hamilton airport on his recent return (got me an autograph) and both said he was a really nice, sincere, humble guy.

Oh, I'm sure they get along, and are even friends of a sort. I also get the impression that they're both level-headed guys, humble and not assholes, and wouldn't be causing problems with each other. But your comment was that they were like long lost friends - you were probably being hyperbolic here - but I bet Price is better friends with several of the guys on the team than Huet (keep in mind there's a 12 year age difference). He probably misses his roomie Kyle.

Edited by Neech

HUET LOST THAT GAME

He did not make one save for the team.

I would start Price until he loses 2 in a row from here on out Huet just can not keep this team in games anymore.

Even the rangers game he allowed 2 softies and then the Rangers really never really had a tester of a shot.

Tonight was a disgrace and I am not overreacting sure some of the Pens goals were perfect but that is just not acceptable.

QFT - Quote for truth.

I hope Carbo goes to Huet and says "do you want the starting job? Then go out Saturday night and prove it".

I like Huet more than Price, so I hope he gets the start. He seems so much the underdog, like Ryder, you can't not cheer for them, Unless you're JMMR of course, haha.

I hope Carbo goes to Huet and says "do you want the starting job? Then go out Saturday night and prove it".

I like Huet more than Price, so I hope he gets the start. He seems so much the underdog, like Ryder, you can't not cheer for them, Unless you're JMMR of course, haha.

I would rather Carbo stick with his guns and play who wins.

Huet is a great team player, but we never know what kind of performance he has in the system at the start of the game. Sometimes, he is very solid, others he looks like he doesn't belong to the NHL. Against Pittsburgh, he had a chance to stop all of the five goals. Let's say that he would have stopped two; we would have won.

Goalies aren't superheroes, of course, but their job is to repair mistakes. Huet failed last night.

IMO, the Habs have an excellent team, but they can't win the Cup with an average goalie. We need Price or Huet to elevate his play. If neither can't do it, we won't be in the finale.

JCPetit (I wish he was in the goal last night) ;)

Bring in Halak! He will steal the job. Really, I wish they had given him a game or two well he was up.

Seems to me the three are interchangeable at this point so go with the two youngest cheapest players.

They will bone the occasional game but so will Huet. It has been proven. Price can steal you one. It was proven.

Time to trade Huet. It won't hurt. He is more experianced, but not better than the kids.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carbo sent Huet in nets saturday night. Give him a chance to redeem himself. He's done it 2 or 3 times this year, and in every case, Huet came up big.

Then again, Carbo's leash might be much shorter and he'll decide to go with the Kid, but i wouldn'T be surprised to see Huet in nets saturday!

Well to blame that one on Huet is probably wrong. I will agree all nut the break away he had pieces and went through him. However, defensively they were brutal again, very soft, not moving there feet and standing around watcxhing the puck. 10 goals against in 2 games just doesn't fall on the Goalie. Price will go Saturday i'm sure. Gc should start calling out a few guys, Komi and Markov, goaltenders for starters.

Wamsley, you wonder why i'm still not a beleiver, it's because of efforts like last night. You just can't show up for 20 minutes a night and expect to win. Obviously they are tremendously improved, the work ethic is way better then the last 10 years, but i will throw out leadership issues, although everyone else on the board seems to think they have great leaders. They are still too small to compete with the big boys, they get pushed around alot. Various players still disappear from time to time. (Kovalev is the exception this year) i can't beleive i just said that.

I have supported GC since he got here, the only thing i still don't like is the 8 d man system, it frustrates me to no end. Why is Begin sitting and Smoke, Dandy taking ice time. He is one of the toughest guys they got.

Anyway, they have 2 very winnable games the next 2, they need to learn and play harder to get points to wrap up the playoff spot.