How are you RIGHT NOW ?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Are you more...

• Happy
    • Sad
    • Angry
    • Dissapointed
    • Confused

I go with dissapointed because when I saw that Huet was moving and Grabovski called up, i was 90% sure we had Hossa...

I was like : why the hell they bring Grabovski if it's not to play for Atlanta tonight ???

Happy.

-Montreal didn't sell the farm for a guy who might jump ship July 1st.

-Jaroslav Halak may finally get the shot he deserves.

-I've believed in Price before this season started and thought he would have had the #1 job a long time ago. Here's hoping Gainey's hunch is correct and the kid can take us into, and through a long playoff run.

-With Grabovski in the line up, Montreal has potentially 3 potent scoring lines.

Dissapointed:

-I would have liked to see a guy like Peca, Holik, or Recchi enter the fray to help shore up our checking line.

-When I saw Grabs was called up - I was 90% certain that Montreal was going to bring someone in (Hossa).

Happy.

-I've believed in Price before this season started and thought he would have had the #1 job a long time ago. Here's hoping Gainey's hunch is correct and the kid can take us into, and through a long playoff run.

-With Grabovski in the line up, Montreal has potentially 3 potent scoring lines.

Dissapointed:

-I would have liked to see a guy like Peca, Holik, or Recchi enter the fray to help shore up our checking line.

-When I saw Grabs was called up - I was 90% certain that Montreal was going to bring someone in (Hossa).

I was surprised they did not add a shutdown centre, but seeing as the other option was gutting the farm for a guy who

wasn't going to stay, I prefer this alternative.

Happy because Don Wadell was probably asking way too much for a rental player. All we lost was a mediocer goalie. We still basically have the exact same team that has fought to get us this high in the standings.

Not to say that i didnt ant to see Hossa in a Habs uniform i'm OK.

Angry because we got rid of Huet and you idiots need to stop trying to believe that trading Huet was a good thing.

Ummmm calling people idiots due to a different opinion is a little harsh is it not?

I am confused about the Huet trade, but not as mad as you.

Life goes on so shall the Habs.....

Happy.

Dissapointed:

Does the team really need the three players or any player that is on the decline? Build a team for the long race seems to be the plan, have the nerves to stick with the plan, now that takes guts.

Angry because we got rid of Huet and you idiots need to stop trying to believe that trading Huet was a good thing.

Who has more big game experience? Cristobal Huet, or Carey Price? How did they do in those games?

Does the team really need the three players or any player that is on the decline? Build a team for the long race seems to be the plan, have the nerves to stick with the plan, now that takes guts.

I completely agree with you - but if Montreal is serious about this year, a better suited "3rd line centre" may have been handy.

I believe Gainey & Co. are gunning for the whole thing next year to help cap off the team's 100th year in existance.

On another note - the team's goal this year was to make the playoffs with a young team so that team can gain playoff experience. It looks as if the team has what it takes to make it to at least the second round - regardless of who's in net (i.e. Huet, Price, or Halak). So why not go into the playoffs with a young goalie and build him up for the future.

It was not a terrible thing that i'm going to cry over. What's so bad with giving your Future #1 (i guess you can say #1 now) some valuable playing time.

Angry because we got rid of Huet and you people with your own opinions need to stop trying to believe that trading Huet was a good thing.

I edited your reply to make it sound nicer.

Edited by Habsfan84

Confused. I don't see how dumping Huet makes us any better. Just can't see it.

But am I overly concerned? Not really. I like Halak. Price is a total question mark at this point in my book. I think we'll be OK. Just not sure why we had to add a question mark instead of addressing a weakness.

(On another note, I'm really, really tired of Montreal being a joke in media circles. You should hear how this trade is being portrayed in Vancouver - we're a minor laughing stock. This has no bearing on my assessment of the move, but it's just frustrating - for once I'd like to hear us being discussed with fear and awe, the way they're currently talking about Dallas or Pittsburgh. I also think this sort of thing hurts us in the UFA hunt, because players are generally every bit as moronic and ignorant as the media and tend to go by a team's 'image.' Not that Gainey should be swayed by that).

Confused.

Is a (probably) late 2nd rounder in 09 worth having two young goalies down the stretch for this year? I don't think so. Bob does. I just don't see the use of trading away for immediate cap space and then not using it.

Confused. I don't see how dumping Huet makes us any better. Just can't see it.

But am I overly concerned? Not really. I like Halak. Price is a total question mark at this point in my book. I think we'll be OK. Just not sure why we had to add a question mark instead of addressing a weakness.

Ditto.

To be honest - I don't mind trading Huet, but the return is a bit odd. One has to think he's worth more than a second round pick two years down the road...

Then again - he's a UFA at the end of this season and there's no reason to believe he'll sign in Washington.

Sad, but proud.

SAD:

Gainey unloaded Huet for what he could get to free up some cap space for the Hossa deal? and because Huet was not going to be a part of the future of the team, so get what you can for him. (I don't think Gainey would have made the trade if he didn't think he would get the Hossa deal done.) However Huet is streaky, and it's only 19 regular season games.

I really like Huet, and I am still in shock over this weak trade.

PROUD:

Gainey showed great composure and refused to enter a bidding war which would trade away the future of this very deep young team. I am also proud when I notice that the only 2 impact players on the entire team which were not brought up through the very system which Gainey was unwilling to weaken, are Hammer and Kovy. That says a lot for a team which only has one elite player. IMHO all but 2 "impact" players came from the our drafting system.

HAPPY

The Canadiens chemistry is left alone and the youth can continue to prosper and win games into the post-season.

Yes it's a little sad for Huet, but that's life. He leaves on a good note, having had a good season in Montreal. Montreal gave him the chance to become an all-star goalie and he in turn gave Montreal a lot of wins.

Happy that BG didn't trade away the youth and give in to Waddell's demands. Wouldn't have minded seeing Hossa come aboard, but not as a rental with the price that BG would have had to pay.

A little sad to see Huet go, but love the idea of using Price as No.1 He is the future, so give him the experience and let him run with it.

To be honest - I don't mind trading Huet, but the return is a bit odd. One has to think he's worth more than a second round pick two years down the road...

Then again - he's a UFA at the end of this season and there's no reason to believe he'll sign in Washington.

There is no value for middle of the pack goalie's.

The fact that he got a 2nd is amazing considering Ilya Brzgalov cleared waivers.

Hmm, I'm kinda bummed. I expected more, especially from Bob. I guess a trade he had in the works didnt pan out or something. Either way trading Huet for a 2009 2nd round pick is pittifull. Bob should have resigned Huet and then traded him. Bob definitely would have got more picks if Huet wasnt UFA next year.

"The prices throughout the day changed, if we could've gotten a 5th or 6th rd pick as well it wouldn't have made much of a difference"

It shocks me to hear Bob say that. Bob says that like the Habs didnt just hire an ex Sens scout. :wacko:

Sure the Habs will most likely will pick before the Sens anyway. However they could have picked twice before the Sens in several rounds resulting in Habs still picking there own picks and then also picking the players the Sens were looking at. :P It wouldn't have made much of a difference :?-

Time will tell but today could get Bob fired over this if the worst case scenario happens, which isnt very likely but it could happen. Choosing to go with Hail Mary Carey could backfire and make the Habs fail to make the playoffs this year and next. So far Price isnt much over a .500 goalie, and it takes more than that to make the playoffs now. Halek isnt either and the last thing you want is if the team losses faith in either of them and a prolonged loosing streaks occur. Like it or not it does have the potential for disaster.

I am glad Halak finally gets to play more. I almost think they believe he is more ready than Price. ^_^

Hmm, I'm kinda bummed. I expected more, especially from Bob. I guess a trade he had in the works didnt pan out or something. Either way trading Huet for a 2009 2nd round pick is pittifull. Bob should have resigned Huet and then traded him. Bob definitely would have got more picks if Huet wasnt UFA next year.

It shocks me to hear Bob say that. Bob says that like the Habs didnt just hire an ex Sens scout. :wacko:

Sure the Habs will most likely will pick before the Sens anyway. However they could have picked twice before the Sens in several rounds resulting in Habs still picking there own picks and then also picking the players the Sens were looking at. :P It wouldn't have made much of a difference :?-

Time will tell but today could get Bob fired over this if the worst case scenario happens, which isnt very likely but it could happen. Choosing to go with Hail Mary Carey could backfire and make the Habs fail to make the playoffs this year and next. So far Price isnt much over a .500 goalie, and it takes more than that to make the playoffs now. Halek isnt either and the last thing you want is if the team losses faith in either of them and a prolonged loosing streaks occur. Like it or not it does have the potential for disaster.

I am glad Halak finally gets to play more. I almost think they believe he is more ready than Price. ^_^

Why didn't Gainey sign Huet and trade him you say? Well maybe the Huet camp did not want to sign with Montreal or any other team until they had a better idea on what his market value was going to be. Why would you get into negotiations with only 20 games left in regular season? I doubt if either side wants to do that. Gainey is Not going to be fired for trading Huet, for not trading Ryder and not getting Hossa. One problem I may have with Gainey maybe his penchant to zero in one one objective, in this case Hossa, and not appear to have a plan B or plan C in case plan A doesn't happen. At least he definitely does not ever say he has plans A, B, and C. Have to admire his steadfastness.

Well, kind of disappointed because I was expecting more. Wasn't really the Huet trade, which I suppose was inevitable (although seemingly ill-timed). It was that the team didn't pick up a defensive centre for the playoffs.

If only it would've been a conditionnal pick. lets say a first rounder if they sign him at the end of the season. I think I would've accepted that.

but now we got washington( acquired from anaheim) for huet. chances are that it'll be in the vicinity of the 55th pick. thats not enough. at least that draft pick will be taken in montreal and I'll be attending the draft.

-for that I'm disappointed.

-omiting trading ryder was a disappointment ( could'nt we get a 2nd rounder for him ??)as well but we never know. ryder could still end up with 20 some goals while higgins.

-disappointed because we're still stuck with alot of dead wood on the roster.

-disappointed because we did'nt get imidiate help for the playoffs.

-happy because the core of the team wasn't touched

-happy because price will be no 1 for a long time

-happy for Halak and Grabovski. they really don't have anything to prove down there. lets just hope they take the next step.

Only mad about one thing, not hockey. Money.

Bell Centre is full every game, the town is hockey, Gillet is making tons of money with the Bell Centre.

We saved money all year long for the past two year on the promise of having an impact player

joining us.

Still yesterday, Bob said that they will go for an impact player this summer.

Boivin bulls**tted us past summer stating that we have money and cap space.

We go after players that don't want to come here.

Instead of lying to fans just admit the money gained his in for other investment and hockey

fans are fanatics enough that they will just keep standing behind their team.

We will not see the money saved under the cap space invested in the team.

We will sign our young players we will develop the others and we are a team to watch for the next 5 years +.

But stop taking fans for fools with false hopes. It will go against you some day.

Some of you guys need to calm down or get a grip. BG lying? He did try to land a top player, both in the offseason and trade deadline. It takes 2 to tango. Pitsburgh got hosed on that deal if Hossa doesn't resign.

The habs have like the 3rd youngest team in the league, in a good playoff spot and people still bitch and complain. I am one who still thinks have they a chance to choke or make it in, that's no secret. I also really like the youth and the way BG and GC are handling the team.

The youth is what's driving the team, plus Kovalev this year. Hamrlik a huge UFA that know one seems to mention as a good move by BG. That was the best move he's made since he's been a Habs, Kovalev included.

The team can do damage in the playoffs or they may not even make, they are a bit bi-polar, if the work ethic stays the same like in the third last night they will be fine.

The market only said Huet was worth a second, i'm fine with that. Why everyone thinks he's worth more is beyound me.

Some of you guys need to calm down or get a grip. BG lying? He did try to land a top player, both in the offseason and trade deadline. It takes 2 to tango. Pitsburgh got hosed on that deal if Hossa doesn't resign.

The habs have like the 3rd youngest team in the league, in a good playoff spot and people still bitch and complain. I am one who still thinks have they a chance to choke or make it in, that's no secret. I also really like the youth and the way BG and GC are handling the team.

The youth is what's driving the team, plus Kovalev this year. Hamrlik a huge UFA that know one seems to mention as a good move by BG. That was the best move he's made since he's been a Habs, Kovalev included.

The team can do damage in the playoffs or they may not even make, they are a bit bi-polar, if the work ethic stays the same like in the third last night they will be fine.

The market only said Huet was worth a second, i'm fine with that. Why everyone thinks he's worth more is beyound me.

I agree with chris. Obviously you weren't listening to Bob who said that they did not feel huet was going to be in our long term plans, hence he was not going to sign him this summer so you get what you can and move forward. They made a conscious decision to have Price as #1 goalie because they do not feel that huet is better. Good luck to Christo and i hope he does well just not against the habs. lighten up people Bob knows what he is doing.