Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just don't understand why none of these guys will go high blocker... Koivu had him low and leaning... all he had to do was put it up.. instead, goes for the low percentage play....

If you watch the replay.. thomas takes away the bottom of the net very well... post to post spread... you must get it up.. he also has a good glove... so...

Frankly, I would put Tanguay or even Higgins in as long as they came in hard and fired a bullet under the bar...

there is def something wrong with Kovy he showed no enthusiasm in the shootout No creativity he really looks lost. maybe it is time for uncle bob to have a talk with him. We need him to get going He can carry this team. or maybe bobs going to dump him and bring tblds (the big luvable dumn swede) in?

I would have liked to have seen more shots, especially on the PP. Nevertheless this was the best game we have played in about 2 and a half weeks. I hate losing to the Bruins but I still feel better than I did after beating the Sens and Blues in the shootout.

Edited by Peter Puck

Koivu tried to go up, I think, but it rolled of his stick.

Yeah, on the hard backhand deke play... a simple shot to the top corner from his forehand is what was needed...

Plus, I would not have put Kovalev out their at all. First, his percentage is not that great, but more importantly, it would send a message.

there is def something wrong with Kovy he showed no enthusiasm in the shootout No creativity he really looks lost. maybe it is time for uncle bob to have a talk with him. We need him to get going He can carry this team.

I think that'd be a good idea. He's a player that, when frustrated, tends to abandon his usual game in favor of desperation plays that seldom work. Whatever Bob said to him before last season might help again. Worth a shot, because it's clear that the other players on this team aren't able to pick up the slack scoring-wise.

I'm okay with Markov in a shootout once in a while, but twice in a row when Tanguay and Andrei are waiting on the bench ???

Good point....I don't know why Andrei Kostitsyn wasn't one of the shooters. He looked like he was 'on' today.

Edited by sbhatt

Good game even though they lost. They showed determination and will tonight. Something thats been lacking for a while now. I figured we would be dissapointed tonight anyways because the Habs dont seem to win win many home games when theres a ceremony. They played a lot better than I thought they would though.

Good game by BGL!

Even though he never faught, he was a major contributer.

I totally agree and its because he was getting good minutes. BGL will only be as usefull as they are willing to play him. He really gets paid to much to be there just to fight. BGL needs more ice time for his salary otherwise its a waste. I really want to see him on the 1st line with Koivu and Tangs. :lol:

I know it kinda sounds ridiculous but did you see him around the crease tonight? BGL can create quite a fuss and draws a lot of not nescessarily needed attention because he isnt a high scoring guy that requires 2 man coverage. On a line with Laps and Kosto it isnt as effective as it could be. Koivu and Tangs are way more talented and likely to score if left wide open when BGL is getting double teamed around the crease. On several occaisons tonight Bos was tripple teaming BGL but the Habs didnt have the right linemates out there when that was happening to capatalize on it.

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

Well it's too bad the outcome was the way it was, but I still think this was the best game the boys have played in a long time. Lang looked great. Too bad about the slashes. Sergie and Andre looked good too. Higgins and Plek were in my doghouse. O'Byrne looked solid until his mistake which caused the goal, then he pooped the bed. Kovy was meh. BGL was great. Very effective. No penalty. I have a feeling Julien and Carbo both warned their teams to behave. BGL made Lucic a non factor in this game until his freakin goal. O'Byrne needs his confidence back. I remember Komi taking himself out of the play to try the hit in the early days though.

What is up with our defense for the last 10 years. They just fall back and let the other team in without a fight. It's like "Oh. you wanna come in here and set up and get some chances? Ya OK, Come on in buddy!"

Markov and Kovalev had the yips... Kovalev's case seems to be a plague, Markov just had an off night. I can't fathom why Carbo put both Kovy and Markov in the shootout lineup with the lack of confidence they showed with their shooting tonight. There are too many worthy shooters on this team to stick with the same 3 guys every night despite their performance. Tanguay, to me, has been the best one on one shooter on the team this year, and should be a shootout regular ahead of Kovalev.

Carbo got away from lining up Laraque against Lucic in the second period. I thought it was working, even though Laraque was not going to goad Lucy into a fight. He was in his head when he was on the ice.

The team deserved a regulation win, but this will happen as long as the PP remains subpar and about 4 guys that should be scoring for us start producing in some form.

They're back to their pre-lockout days of nobody wanting to shoot the stinking puck. That was one of the reasons Ryder made the team, he was actually willing to shoot. We need some fresh blood in there to remind guys that shooting is OK. Goals don't have to have two assists and look gorgeous. Put Komi on IR and give D'Agostini or Pacioretty a chance to play and tell them to shoot their hearts out.

When Laraque is on with Lucic at the same time this is what Lucic thinks:

"Man, If I hit someone that goon will hand my ass to me.. Better play clean."

Notice how whenever BGL was on with him that Lucic never laid one hit.

Lucic hit a few times when Laraque was off the ice. He also scored too when BGL was off the ice.

Carbo keep BGL on him like glue!

I have some very good news!

If the team keeps it up we will have no problem signing all our free agents come season's end!

Should have ton's of cap space left too, as most will be forced to take lower contracts due to lack of interest!

I am also getting tired of this years version of AK27. Kovalev ver. 4.0? Or is it Kovalev Lite?

The Borthers Kostitsyn are becoming more and more the Sedin's aka Bobsy Twins. Great.

We need something to bind this team soon.

When is the rookie dinner? ANyone up for a purse snatch?

Something has to happen to ignite what is there dormant.

2 months in and falling of the charts already.

Wake up guys, you are suppose to be the top eastern team.

Start playing like it. Shoot the puck! Stop the blind passes!

Tape to tape, then net. You know you can, smarten the "F" up!

Hard to believe the Boston fans are getting a better surprise from their team than we are this year.

When Laraque is on with Lucic at the same time this is what Lucic thinks:

"Man, If I hit someone that goon will hand my ass to me.. Better play clean."

Notice how whenever BGL was on with him that Lucic never laid one hit.

Lucic hit a few times when Laraque was off the ice. He also scored too when BGL was off the ice.

Carbo keep BGL on him like glue!

Wow lewcheech mocked us again by scroring and handing us another loss... even though he ran like a girl from BGL ...just great. Now why didn't he tangle with George? Caus' he's smart and he did exactly what he should have done.

BGL failed again in not plastering him. It was too funny to look at them just inviting themselves to dinner.

Why was Kovalev back with Koivu and Tanguay?

:puke:

The team played a good game but Kovalev just destroys that line.

Kovy started the game with Higgy & Plex. When it was clear it wasnt working, Carbo tried him with everyone else except the 46-20-6 line. By the end of the game Higgins was back with Koivu & Tanguay and Carbo was wondering who was left that could get Kovy going.

I'm not ready to blame Kovy yet. It's not like he's getting rid of the puck and not trying. He just cant seem to get in the zone and that's been the case ever since the season starter. Maybe the summer weight loss messed him up or I dont know what.

Markov and Kovalev had the yips... Kovalev's case seems to be a plague, Markov just had an off night. I can't fathom why Carbo put both Kovy and Markov in the shootout lineup with the lack of confidence they showed with their shooting tonight. There are too many worthy shooters on this team to stick with the same 3 guys every night despite their performance. Tanguay, to me, has been the best one on one shooter on the team this year, and should be a shootout regular ahead of Kovalev.

You could look at it both ways. Yes, they stunk offensively most of the night and Tangs (and I'll add AKost) would have been more deserving. But in the the other way, there's no better way to get a struggling player going than having him score and shootouts are the easiest way to give them that opportunity.