Habs @ Penguins | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is our 1st line back? It sure looks like it.

Very entertaining game. I love seeing games against teams like Pittsburgh and Washington.

I don't know if you could call it a great defensive game. The Habs clogged the neutral zone well, and kept the shots to the outside, but they kept trying to clear the puck through the other player all night. Way too many giveaways in their own zone when the flow of the game is heading toward the other end. I would say Price stole this one.

Price was amazing and Plek with those two beautiful passes. Great to see Plek pick up his game. His faceoff percentage is way better too.

Overall. Good road win.

And I hate that Boston keeps on winning.

It takes shine of habs's victory.

Damn that Julien and Charra and Lucic - I am so sick of them already.

Let them win... keeps some unnecessary pressure off of our boys.

This just in.......Price is pretty good

The Habs are as good as Price feels like being. Don't get me wrong, I love them all to death but Price is a major league game breaker.

And something tells me he's got a nerve to pick with Crosby. He's a competitive little bugger...we saw it after that goal Crosby scored. That didn't sit well with him, so he decided to shut the door once and for all.... :clap:

Price has been flying under the radar this season, after last year's hype blew up in his face during the Philly series. But he's quietly putting together a truly remarkable season as a 21-year-old number-one goalie, in hockey's toughest market. He still has to put in a definitively excellent playoff performance, but that aside, last night's game was just a little reminder that Crosby wasn't the only franchise player drafted in that year :lol:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

did not get chance to watch tonights game, just reading Boxscore.

Komisarek was -2

Did he have a particularly bad game?

Joel Bouchard offered a truly superlative piece of analysis during intermission on RDS, in which he traced the Crosby goal to a subtle miscue by Komisarek earlier in the shift - he was too deep in the zone and that allowed the Pens to start cycling and throwing the Habs into disarray. The kind of error you wouldn't spot unless you had a sophisticated knowledge of hockey. That suggests that Komi did not have a strong game, although the average fan wouldn't be likely to notice, unless we looked at the stats.

There were miscues all night in the D zone. Turnovers in the nuetral zone, know one shooting, same stuff, different night. Thank goodness Price showeed up.

How do you only get 19 shots again, it's like the 5th or 6th time this year they have only had 20 shots or less.

If it wasn't for goaltending they might not even have 10 wins.

Let'a hope they get it together in Florida, these teams normally crush the habs.