Habsworld Official 2009 Free Agent Thread

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that Kovy signed a 2 year deal worth 10 million$.

Beauchemin signed with teh Leafs for 3 years at 3.8 million$...the same amount as Spacek!

Don't remember where I read it, but apparently after Kovy was given a contract offer, he waited and shopped himself to find a better offer. The Kings apparently, beat the Habs' offer, so he came back to the Habs looking for more, and Gainey signed Gionta and Cammalleri instead. And the Kings went out and got Smyth.

But I guess he got his money in the end.

Good for him, but it's always been more about him than the team.

Man, the way you guys are talking we just missed out on Bobby Orr and Mike Bossy.

Maybe Beachemin didn't want to sign with the habs. If you switched there names,i'm guessing you guys wouldn't have much of a problem with Spacek. He is a real solid player with a cannon. FB is coming off amajor injury.

Kovalev, he'll bring the same garbage he always does, nothing has changed for him in 15 years, why would it now.

Man, the way you guys are talking we just missed out on Bobby Orr and Mike Bossy.

Maybe Beachemin didn't want to sign with the habs. If you switched there names,i'm guessing you guys wouldn't have much of a problem with Spacek. He is a real solid player with a cannon. FB is coming off amajor injury.

Kovalev, he'll bring the same garbage he always does, nothing has changed for him in 15 years, why would it now.

People are OVERREACTING with Beauchemin.

so he really was asking for 6M then, if he waited that long to sign a 5M... dammit, those guys are greedy.

I'm pretty sure Beauchemin signed for 3yrs/10million correct?

yeah, but this was in a kovalev thread. :) it got merged.

I just spent the evening with Sens fans. Half are over the moon and half are furious. Sounds like Habs fans. I laughed. 10 games a year for Ottawa where they'll have a quasi-superstar. The rest of the time? The Tempermental Artist.

As for Beauchemin - I'd put a lot of money on him having said thanks but no thanks to Gainey, not going to Montreal.

Versteeg re-signs for 3 years, and Hudler goes to the KHL for a year.

That hurts. Hudler was like their youngers forward LOL

Weird that he only signed for one year.

I'd always welcome him back... it'd still be nice if he could retire a habs.

seeing Boynton (30 y.o.) sign for 1yr @ 1.5M in Anaheim, I can't help but think that only 3-4 years ago, he was seen as a young up and comer, blocking shots, hitting like a freight train, a big dman with good mobility, leadership, who wanted to take a bigger load, wanting to have a fresh start on another team than the one which had drafted him.

This reminds me of Komisarek, (27 y.o.) who signed for 5yr @ 4.5M in Toronto, I can't help but think that in 3-4 years, we'll say :

"when TO signed him he was seen as a young up and comer, blocking shots, hitting like a freight train, a big dman with good mobility, leadership, who wanted to take a bigger load, wanting to have a fresh start on another team than the one which had drafted him."

maybe I'm wrong. :)

Kotalik gets $9 million over 3 years from the Rangers...looking at their cap situation, something tells me Zherdev may not be a Ranger much longer - he's already filed for arbitration.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up back in Russia. Hitchcock ran him out of Columbus and he hasn't gotten along well with Tortarella. He'd be one of the best players in the KHL for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up back in Russia. Hitchcock ran him out of Columbus and he hasn't gotten along well with Tortarella. He'd be one of the best players in the KHL for sure.

Jiri Hudler signed in Russia. :(