Next one to be recalled

JCPetit

Now i'm nort sure, I read yesterday it may be a week or so on Pouliot but maybe i'm wrong. I don't think they can call someone else up unless of another injury.

I think they can call anyone up - but they'd have to take the hit to next year's cap if they went over this season. Maybe someone else is injured. Maybe it's a message. Maybe Laraque is hurting again. Who knows.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparantly the habs line up tonight has 8 defenseman in it. (acording to Eric Engels)

Pouliot Gomez Gionta

Darche Pleks Cammi

Pacioretty Metro Moen

MAB Lapierre O'Byrne

What the heck is going on with this line up. 8 D men? I realize D'Agi and laraque are useless but 8 Dmen?

Well, I don't think we'll be able to criticize Lapierre too much tonight (hard to generate much with 4 d-men on the ice with you) - surprised to see 8 D in as it was reported yesterday that Mara was going to sit in place of O'Byrne.

Apparantly the habs line up tonight has 8 defenseman in it. (acording to Eric Engels)

Pouliot Gomez Gionta

Darche Pleks Cammi

Pacioretty Metro Moen

MAB Lapierre O'Byrne

What the heck is going on with this line up. 8 D men? I realize D'Agi and laraque are useless but 8 Dmen?

8 dmen! This is how you reach SC final !!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Well, if we are playing with 8 D men, theoretically our defensive play should be much better! The 3rd and 4th lines weren't producing anyways.

Darche on the 1st line? Looks like MAB will never get his shot...

Don't know why you call it the 1st line. For me, it's become the 2nd line since Gionta is back with Pouliot and Gomez.

Apparently Metropolit will be the one centering Bergeron and O'Byrne, not Lapierre. Lapierre will be with Pacioretty and Moen.

That'll last two shifts because apparently NO COACH IN MONTREAL KNOWS WHAT CONSISTENCY AND DEVELOPING CHEMISTRY MEANS. Criminy.

There does appear to be some weird thing with the use of 3rd and 4th liners, that's for sure.

In case Martin and BG are reading this board i'll review.

The 3rd line is a shut down line, a good 2 way center, with the ability to win key faceoffs, play physical, win some battles, forecheck and kill penalties. The wingers should have decent sixze, forecheck, kill penalties, play physical, pound the other teams defense.

The 4th line should have 2 big tough players, one should be a head hunter (not dirty) but willing to after people. The other should pound the opposition D into submission. They should change the momentum of a game by playing physical, fightign etc. The other player should be good defensively, check and no how to kill penalties.

I ahve no idea what the habs 3rd and 4th liners do out there over the past 15 years or so. Good point Colin.

That'll last two shifts because apparently NO COACH IN MONTREAL KNOWS WHAT CONSISTENCY AND DEVELOPING CHEMISTRY MEANS. Criminy.

No coach in the NHL for any team doesn't shuffle his lines anymore to create a spark. I actually think Martin is quite married to his combos: Pacioretty-Metropolit-Moen have been quite a regular combo for the 3rd line, even though I think it's a weak 3rd line.

What coach does keep consistent lines anymore? Yahoo just had an article the other day commenting that there are no good line nicknames anymore because nobody stays together long enough to garner one. These days, if a line goes 3-4 games in a slump, it's broken up. It's pretty much league wide.

Darche was pretty invisible, but we may need to keep him up for a while with Laraque gone. I kinda wanna see Trotter get a shot though. He's earned it.

Sergei will be back early next week at the latest, Trotter should probably keep his good thing going in the AHL for the time being.

What coach does keep consistent lines anymore? Yahoo just had an article the other day commenting that there are no good line nicknames anymore because nobody stays together long enough to garner one. These days, if a line goes 3-4 games in a slump, it's broken up. It's pretty much league wide.

+1. It's a universal tendency and it's silly to attack Martin for that.

(Personally, I believe that overcoaching is rampant in the league today and that excessive line tinkering is a symptom of that; but the point is that Martin is doing the same thing any coach does).

Pac didn't put up the numbers, but his heart and hustle was there, I loved seeing him blow down the wings, he certainly did not have a lack of effort, I think he needs to work on finishing, and learn to keep his head up more, it seemed at least once a game he got rocked.

How do you send Pacioretty down before D'Agostini?

D'Agostini had to clear the waivers, which was not the case for Pax. Obviously, Gainey feared that there was a risk to lose a young player for nothing. You may not like Dag, but you have to consider that he might be an asset down the road. Remember that he looked very good last year with 12 goals in less than 60 games. Obviously, he has lost confidence. We just have to look at Pouliot and Latendresse to me reminded that things can change quickly once you get the spark to reignite the flame in one's game.

Dag will be our extra player until AK46 is back. Who knows, after that there might other injuries and he might stick with the team until the end of the season. There's also the possibility to trade him.

How do you send Pacioretty down before D'Agostini?

As noted already, D'Agostini needs waivers to go down, and quite frankly from a cap perspective, I hope he stays up for the duration. If you need to have reserve players, let them make the league minimum. Pacioretty also has a pretty big cap hit for his lack of production, this is a move that's long overdue for both common sense and cap reasons.

Personally, and in spite of appearances, I think MaxPac is on track. You can tell that he learned a lot this season about what it means to play in the NHL. Now that things have tightened up and the Habs are officially in a very demanding stretch drive, it is best that he go back to the farm where he can get lots of minutes and have full space to apply the lessons learned. The Habs have handled this guy exactly right: he hasn't been saddled with ridiculous expectations, he's been used in various situations, he's been given a good blend of NHL and AHL experience. In another year or two, I bet he'll be an effective guy in the top 6, or worst case scenario, a Higgins-like bordline top-6er.

Nothing against Patches, but this will only help his development. For all the reasons you guys have already listed this decision is long overdue.

:clap:

I love Patches and I think he's going to be great, but he needed some time to regain confidence and remember the keys to his game. Drive that net and make things happen.