Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I know the Flyers are bad this year dreadfully bad but why in the world would you trade a Forsberg?

Of course I'd love to see him in Montreal. Is it going to happen? no. Are the Flyers going to trade him away, no unless there stupid.

They'd definitely trade Foppa before they would Gagne, IMO...which has been more rumoured to happen. I'd welcome him to the team, but a whole lot can happen before now and the deadline. Kovalev at C may end up being lethal, ya never know!

We should try to get Pheonix in a deal, they really need a goalie, we could get Nagy, Doan, Reinprecht, Jokinen......

Philadelphia Flyers: There were scouts from Detroit (Tom Webster), Dallas (Neil Smith) and Montreal (Pierre Gauthier) in attendance at Thursday night's Flyers game. Robert Esche will start in goal tonight against Washington. - Phillyburbs.com/Delaware County Times

- TSN Ice Chips

Could it be that there's a trade brewing.

They need a goalie and we've got two. I'm just throwing it out there

Philadelphia Flyers: There were scouts from Detroit (Tom Webster), Dallas (Neil Smith) and Montreal (Pierre Gauthier) in attendance at Thursday night's Flyers game. Robert Esche will start in goal tonight against Washington. - Phillyburbs.com/Delaware County Times

- TSN Ice Chips

Positive thinking. I like it. The only thing I don't like is deciding which goalie we should keep.

- TSN Ice Chips

I'm not sure this indicates the Flyers are looking for a goalie. The Wings have Hasek and Osgood and given Hasek's propensity for injury they probably want to keep both. Dallas only really has Turco.

All depends on what Philly wants in return of Forsberg. I dont think we are one player away from the Cup, so I would pass on him if it costs us too much. He's too brittle a guy too gamble on.

As for the scouts in Philly: Yeah the goalie thing is obvious, Niittymaki isnt that great lately and Esche just plained sucked. On top of that they've got Knuble out indefinitely with a broken finger and a few other injuries.

With a new GM in Philly to replace Clarke, moves are to be expected. I dont see what could be done though... But they could have been there for TB as well.

According to TSN ice chips,

Pierre Gauthier was seen at a Flyers game this week. Maybe a trade is in the winds

They need a goalie and we have 2. I'm just throwing it out there.

According to TSN ice chips,

Pierre Gauthier was seen at a Flyers game this week. Maybe a trade is in the winds

They need a goalie and we have 2. I'm just throwing it out there.

I'm not sure this indicates the Flyers are looking for a goalie. The Wings have Hasek and Osgood and given Hasek's propensity for injury they probably want to keep both. Dallas only really has Turco.

P.S. I believe Fanpuck 33 moved (the first version of) this thread into the rumour thread.

P.S. I believe Fanpuck 33 moved (the first version of) this thread into the rumour thread.

who could we take from the flyers?? gagne? forsberg?? i think i rather keep our two goalies...you never know what could happen

The Flyers are definitley looking to make a move to shake up their roster and try to get something going.

I'd say they are definitley looking for a goalie, but since they have to move either Esche or Niittymaki in a trade I'm not sure if the Habs are the best trading partners. Besides what else do they have to offer the Habs?

RJ Umberger is apparently available. He's a nice young talent, but has struggled this year and where would he play?

Simon Gagne? Well your not going to get him straight up for a either Huet or Aebischer and even if you could Montreal would have to dump salary as his $5 Million wouldn't fit under the cap. But he's not available anyway.

Is there anyone else on this roster other than Joni Pitakanen(untouchable) Jeff Carter and Mike Richards who is worth trading for?

I just don't see the Habs as a good fit.

this mean nothing for me (seeing pierre gauthier at a flyers' game) ;)

i think that if the flyers wanna get a goalie, they would prolly first try to get biron from the sabres...

No big surprise hear...but Eklund is saying the habs have inquired about St. Louis and Lecavalier. He is also saying that Philly and Calgary are talking of a big deal with the likes of Iginla/Gagne etc.

Oh yeah, real reliable the Big E. Reliable with an e1.

:P

http://vancouvercanucksoped.com/2006/05/24/fun-with-eklund/

I’ve mentioned this before, but this fraud’s name is really Dwayne Klessel, according to Larry Brooks of the NY Post.

Here's a photo of him, he's apparently a musician. http://www.cooldog.com/albums/DwayneKeith/...lose3.sized.jpg