Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I am probably going to take a bit of heat for this.

I know everybody likes to gripe on Eklund..but while Eklund always has to be taken with a grain of salt...I will say that I find him to be the only one on the internet with any credability whatsoever. ( I have deleted all other rumour sites...with original information...from my favorites, lol) Does he make stuff up out of the blue...I don't think. I have heard he is used by agents to promote their clients but who knows. At least he does have credible people saying good things about him. He does articles for Sportsnet and is a regular guest on many sports radio stations... so I tend to think he is not a complete fraud.

His website has at least a dozen "bloggers" that are very well known in the hockey world such as Cassie Cambell, who joined this week. Most "bloggers" are team specific and usually host radio sports shows or are reporters for newspapers. His website is one of the better ones if you are looking for the latest news...I find it a bit ironic that other sites that get all their information from cable networks or daily newspapers gripe on him when his site is one of the rare few that write their own stuff. I will say that the guy that writes about the Habs isn't very good but Philly, Chicago and Nashville guys are pretty good. They often report news about their teams before a site like TSN. Hopefully as it grows it will become better for other league news.

As for trade rumours...yeah, they are just rumours.

Errr, I think you got the wrong name there...

Yeah, i noticed last night while i was about to fall asleep what i had put. I meant Jovanski........ :lol:

I heard a rumour about Abby and Ryder for Gangne. It sounds weird but it's possible

Not happening LOL once again Gagne is EXTREMLY OVER RATED. And Abby is playing great so if he were to move it would be at the deadline not now and ryder has showed much more this year then last so if he were to leave once again it would be at the deadline, and it wouldnt be likly.

i don't think he's really that overrated.

he's a big fast winger who did play in two Olympics. Besides, on a rotten team, he still has 8 goals.

Not happening LOL once again Gagne is EXTREMLY OVER RATED. And Abby is playing great so if he were to move it would be at the deadline not now and ryder has showed much more this year then last so if he were to leave once again it would be at the deadline, and it wouldnt be likly.

Ironic considering that someone traded away half his team for this guy... :P

Extremely overrated? Gagné is a great player. I'd love to see this guy with the HABS - he might not be a 50 goal scorer but he's very solid in his own end and has good offencive skills, the whole package. I would take him in a heartbeat.

At today's result and performances ... a straight trade between Abby and Gagné sounds more fair!

too bad were too close to the cap limit

so I would then see it Gagné and second round pick for Ryder and Abby if i were GM

Why would the habs trade Ryder when Higgins will be out 6+ weeks.

No one is trading Ryder... the reason if EVER Gagne was offered to us... we couldnt get him without unloading two more million dollars after Abby's 1.9 Mil and probably Ryder would be the candidate if not Johnson

No one is trading Ryder... the reason if EVER Gagne was offered to us... we couldnt get him without unloading two more million dollars after Abby's 1.9 Mil and probably Ryder would be the candidate if not Johnson

Good point.

Gagne would fit nicely where Ryder is though.

Here is a juicy one that comes a fairly reliable source.

TSN's Insider, Darren Dreger is reporting that a few GM's have told him that one of Abby/Huet are being shopped. Not a big surprise but TSN does not spout off rumours without reliable sources.

To view this, check out Dregers clip in the A/V section at the bottom of the page.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

Here is a juicy one that comes a fairly reliable source.

TSN's Insider, Darren Dreger is reporting that a few GM's have told him that one of Abby/Huet are being shopped. Not a big surprise but TSN does not spout off rumours without reliable sources.

To view this, check out Dregers clip in the A/V section at the bottom of the page.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

he says that phoenix needs a goalie( well duhhh) I say we try for shane doan, I don't like the man but I love the player...besides he's carey price's cousin !!

he says that phoenix needs a goalie( well duhhh) I say we try for shane doan, I don't like the man but I love the player...besides he's carey price's cousin !!

I'd love Doan too but he just got injured for a few weeks. So is Comrie.

I would think a centreman is still Bobs biggest priority, like Lecavalier ^_^

I'd love Doan too but he just got injured for a few weeks. So is Comrie.

I would think a centreman is still Bobs biggest priority, like Lecavalier ^_^

I know but we don't have anything that TB would look for. they already have a great goalie. they need D men and so do we.

besides, I don't see an intra-conference major trade during the course of the season.

I know but we don't have anything that TB would look for. they already have a great goalie. they need D men and so do we.

besides, I don't see an intra-conference major trade during the course of the season.

I agree that they probably wouldn't trade Lecavalier within the conference but their goaltending has once again been horrific. Denis has been sub-par this season. (ranked 35th in save % and 27th for G.A.A)

Extremely overrated? Gagné is a great player. I'd love to see this guy with the HABS - he might not be a 50 goal scorer but he's very solid in his own end and has good offencive skills, the whole package. I would take him in a heartbeat.

He is a great player but the way ppl make him sound on these boreds is like hes a PUREE 50 goal guy and godly like player..thats why i say EXTREMLY OVER RATED..

and as for justin in the game when somneone is 91-89-87 u go for him :)

There are some Rumors i heard last night watching the Colorado game that they may are interested in a scoring winger and would give up Leopold or Liles. They both have reasonable contracts.

Might be nice to have one of those D, they both skate well and move the puck.

Obviously the Habs would have to move some D to make anything happen.

There are freaking a million rumors going around accross the league!

mind you many are false but what holds true is that A LOT OF TEAMS ARE INTERESTED IN SHAKING UP their lines and the question is most teams aren't going to trade at high risks! what is available outhere is alot of mediocre talent and slumping players... but what does fall into interest but still with risk added .. are all those "last year on contract" and UFA coming players! those should start going sooner than later and and a good share will be left for the tradedeadline... but will the ones that interest the Habs be gone by then? or will the cap allow for more desperate transactions than last year.... anyone remember any particularly awesome trade at the dealine other than Theo? my question is that if this year is as chicken as last years is it worth waiting til then?

seeing as there have been way more coach firings and expect more to come that YES this trade deadline heads are gonna shake so either way Gainey and the habs should stay put for the time being and follow through as planned as long as they dont fall to back in the standings!

I really think we can get out hands on some high top Cman! a sure first line one at that!

I know this is not a rumor or anything but Huet was wearing new pads at this mornings practice they are kinda like last years. With the main color red.