Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

RDS is picking up on what I had mentioned a while ago.... before Bobby Clarke was fired/resigned

But I think they are underestimating Jeff Carter's potential

I understand the logic about building a tem around a player... therefor NOT to trade Forsberg but Jeff Carter seems to be the future for the Flyers and I see him being much more of an aid than Forsberg say 1 or 2 years from now

Yet again The Flyers need a Goalie and that leaves 3 top candidates (over 3 Mill each)... and then theres Abby who wont cost much if he fails expectations. and no one is going to give the Flyers anything for free!

we do need to add one of our three Dmen (those at end of contract) and that means Markov... Flyers wont want Rivet nor Souray He's more of the same for the flyers. perhaps they would preffer Bouillon or of course Komi.

Anyways rumors have it that Forsberg could be in Europe by next year!!... who knows??/

Jeff carter would be great and needed for the habs ABOVE Simon Gagne (who would be great if we had not that a big void down middle)

http://rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/217871.html

Spectors' Latest Rumours

- The Montreal Canadiens are entertaining offers for goalie David Aebischer. The LA Kings and Phoenix Coyotes are believed interested, although Garrioch suggests the latter might want to take a look at Ottawa's Martin Gerber. The Coyotes might also have interest in Toronto's Mikael Tellqvist.

Spector's Note: Here's why the Coyotes might prefer Aebischer over Gerber: Aebischer currently has a 5-4-1 record, a 3.16 GAA and a .905 SP, and while he's a UFA next summer his salary is an affordable $1.9 million, of which almost two month's worth has already been paid. Gerber, on the other hand, has a 3-8-1 record, a 3.45 GAA and an .890 SP. He's also locked into a three year contract paying him $3.7 million per season. If the Coyotes are more interested in a backup for Curtis Joseph, Tellqvist would certainly fit the bill and would be the most affordable of the three in terms of return and salary ($520K).

- The Minnesota Wild are trying to shop LW Mark Parrish, who's been relegated to the club's fourth line. His five-year, $2.7 million per season salary would make him a tough sell. The Wild could also shop RW Pascal Dupuis. Garrioch reports "Phoenix, Boston, Pittsburgh, Montreal and Chicago have all called GM Doug Risebrough to check on his availability."

Spector's Note: Parrish is a perennial twenty-goal scorer but he seems to be struggling to adjust to coach Jacques Lemaire's system. That salary would make him hard to move but it's always possible that a rival GM could see Parrish regaining his scoring touch elsewhere. As for Dupuis, his stock has dropped since his 20 goal, 48 point performance of 2002-03. He's also a UFA next summer, so the Wild might choose to wait until the deadline nears to boost his trade value.

BOSTON GLOBE: Kevin Paul Dupont reports the Chicago Blackhawks aren't actively shopping defenceman Brent Seabrook but they do need to find someone to replace the injured Michal Handzus on Martin Havlat's line. However, Dupont notes the Blackhawks have enough promising young d-men in Duncan Keith and Cam Barker that it should consider shopping Seabrook. He suggests the Montreal Canadiens might be interested, particularly with Sheldon Souray and Andrei Markov eligible for UFA status, and this could be a deal that would finally reunite winger Sergei Samsonov with 'Hawks assistant GM Rick Dudley, as they're good friends from their days with the IHL's Detroit Vipers.

Spector's Note: I'll give Dupont points for creativity but I still don't think the Blackhawks will move Seabrook. It's possible they might consider moving either Keith or Barker instead but as was noted on Hockey Night in Canada last night it might be to the 'Hawks advantage to retain these promising youngsters and ride out their current rough patch. In other words, don't sacrifice the future for a quick fix for a season that may already be lost.

Hey guys, I just got an e-mail from my source, that it is being reported in the Boston Globe that the Chicago Blackhawks are interested in acquiring Sergei Samsonov for Brent Seabrook. The reason why this trade could happen is because Rick Dudley the Hawks GM has known Samsonov since their Detroit Viper days in the IHL, and it would make sense for the Canadiens because they have three potential free-agents in Markov, Rivet, and Souray.

Again, this is just a rumour, but it was leaked out to the Boston Globe, Samsonov for Brett Seabrook.

Moe Khan "Bacon, Eggs, and Sports"

Hey guys, I just got an e-mail from my source, that it is being reported in the Boston Globe that the Chicago Blackhawks are interested in acquiring Sergei Samsonov for Brent Seabrook. The reason why this trade could happen is because Rick Dudley the Hawks GM has known Samsonov since their Detroit Viper days in the IHL, and it would make sense for the Canadiens because they have three potential free-agents in Markov, Rivet, and Souray.

Again, this is just a rumour, but it was leaked out to the Boston Globe, Samsonov for Brett Seabrook.

Moe Khan "Bacon, Eggs, and Sports"

you have a link to the article? I suppose it's from Kevin Paul Dupont?

------------------

ok, everyone :bow:to me

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/articl..._little/?page=3

it's not a rumour, it's a mere speculation by KPD.

... and Phoenix needs a goalie. He's an exceptional talent who wants out of the Dog Pound and out of the dog house. Aebischer is apparently on the block... and Gretzky isn't a seasoned GM. Maybe we can 'Pull an Houle' on him. We can worry about matchups afterwards. He's had a few injuries in his career but he can score. In his last two seasons of 03-04 and 05-06, he scored 108 points in 106 games and he can play centre and left wing.

I know there is a thread in the habs talks below but Nagy is apparently on the block. 3 million for one year his contract.

We do not need that player except if traded for Samsonov one on one.

What we reaaly need from Phoenix is Reinprecht or Keith Yandle.

Yandle was amazing with Moncton last year in Junior. Best d-offensive prospect i've seen in years.

So Aebisher for Yandle and Cujo.

... and Phoenix needs a goalie. He's an exceptional talent who wants out of the Dog Pound and out of the dog house. Aebischer is apparently on the block... and Gretzky isn't a seasoned GM. Maybe we can 'Pull an Houle' on him. We can worry about matchups afterwards. He's had a few injuries in his career but he can score. In his last two seasons of 03-04 and 05-06, he scored 108 points in 106 games and he can play centre and left wing.

I don't think we can get Nagy for Abby straight up but if we throw in a pick or prospect you never know. And the reason Gretzky isn't a seasoned GM is because he isn't the GM, Mike Barnett is. :P

And the reason Gretzky isn't a seasoned GM is because he isn't the GM, Mike Barnett is. :P

is it really better ??

I would love to have a player as talented as nagy but not as lazy as him, we already have enough of those in kovy and samsonov. I don't think he's the guy we can rely on in the playoffs.

is it really better ??

I would love to have a player as talented as nagy but not as lazy as him, we already have enough of those in kovy and samsonov. I don't think he's the guy we can rely on in the playoffs.

I know what you mean by we don't need another lazy guy..But if we put a feisty guy like Plekanec wich we tried that never worked...maybe we need to get someone at their level??

Nagy is Much better then Ribero talent wise BUT Nagy is much worse then Ribiero attitude wise.

( and this thread will get bashed from a mod, i have a feeling they will take it as a rumor )

GET

NAGY

NOW!

Awesome talent, and not the bad attitude people complain about. The kid's got Marian Hossa upside. A game-breaker that's entering his prime.

Only thing that bothers me is his healthy. He hasn't played a full season since 2002-2003. He can play LW/C.

That being said, I imagine lots of teams in the league would want him, so he wouldn't be that easy to get. And Phoenix has the same problems at C as we have, so hard to find a deal there.

Ek Rumor: Markus Naslund to Montreal?? :wacko:

http://v2.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=3888

Naslund is making $6 million a season. His contract runs through this season and the next.

In order to make this kind of deal, some serious money (via contracts) needs to go the other way. Naslund is also a franchise type player and will command significant players in return. He is currently 33 years old.

I was watching On The Fly last night after the game and Denis Potvin (Florida's colour guy) mentioned that Montreal has inquired about the availabilty of Nieuwendyk

This would be a 1st for Gainey. It's not like he has ever acquired Nieuwendyk before :P