Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

50 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I hadn't seen that one. Obviously the Oilers would need to see Savard as a definite upgrade over Ceci since they both have 1 year remaining at close to the same cap hit.  Bourgault hasn't done much in the AHL, seems to have regressed. A late 2nd is OK. 

If I could get a 1st instead of Bourgault and a 2nd I would be more excited about it. Of course we would have to take on Ceci to balance contracts. I can see the Oilers wanting Savard as defense is what they need.  Adding Perry and Savard  provide a lot of grit for a playoff run. 

I’d want more than that to take on Ceci. The guy is a human pylon. Wouldn’t be opposed to taking him to make the cap hits work, but I’d want a lot more to take on a pylon for another year.

46 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I hadn't seen that one. Obviously the Oilers would need to see Savard as a definite upgrade over Ceci since they both have 1 year remaining at close to the same cap hit.  Bourgault hasn't done much in the AHL, seems to have regressed. A late 2nd is OK. 

If I could get a 1st instead of Bourgault and a 2nd I would be more excited about it. Of course we would have to take on Ceci to balance contracts. I can see the Oilers wanting Savard as defense is what they need.  Adding Perry and Savard  provide a lot of grit for a playoff run. 

I would prefer to get Holloway and Deharnais (their bottom pair RD) = $1.6875M/exp.-contracts for Savard with 50% retaiend = $1.75M/2yrs

EDM keeps RD depth

MTL gets Holloway and a younger defense-first RD that can hold the fort until Barron is ready

1 hour ago, PMAC said:

I like the EDM to MTl trade rumour I saw on several sites Savard and a 5th to EdM for Ceci, Borgault and  a 2nd.Thought's? 

100% agree. That’s also why I wouldn’t want to move him unless someone is really making a godfather offer.

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I would prefer to get Holloway and Deharnais (their bottom pair RD) = $1.6875M/exp.-contracts for Savard with 50% retaiend = $1.75M/2yrs

EDM keeps RD depth

MTL gets Holloway and a younger defense-first RD that can hold the fort until Barron is ready

I would prefer that too. But I am realistic, zero chance the Oilers give that up for Savard even if we retain 50%. The Oilers like Desharnais. 

7 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’d want more than that to take on Ceci. The guy is a human pylon. Wouldn’t be opposed to taking him to make the cap hits work, but I’d want a lot more to take on a pylon for another year.

What do you think is a fair trade here? Keep in mind Savard also has another year at 3.5M

With the Philly grumblings from before, is there a trade around Allen that makes sense with Hart taking an indefinite leave of absence? Surely they won't go with an Ersson/Peterson tandem long term.

21 minutes ago, huzer said:

With the Philly grumblings from before, is there a trade around Allen that makes sense with Hart taking an indefinite leave of absence? Surely they won't go with an Ersson/Peterson tandem long term.

Depends on how bad the Hart leave is.

I mean Dillon Dube and Hart both taking leaves in the same week smells a lot like that 2018 WJC legal issue could be coming to a head.  Or it could be coincidence.  Both were on that roster so its suspicious at the very least.

If hes got a long legal case in front of him, Allen could be a wanted commodity for a team fighting for a playoff spot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

EDM keeps RD depth

A suspect HuGo might have an issue with retaining on Savard unless the return is exceptional as it would tie up a second of their three retention slots for next season ... Petry already using one ... not certain Holloway and Desharnais is exceptional.

54 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

A suspect HuGo might have an issue with retaining on Savard unless the return is exceptional as it would tie up a second of their three retention slots for next season ... Petry already using one ... not certain Holloway and Desharnais is exceptional.

Are you expecting an exceptional return for eating 1/2 of Savard's contract?  They only got a 2nd for retaining Petry's contract next year and Petry makes about a million more than Savard. Holloway is worth way more than a 2nd by himself. 

7 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Are you expecting an exceptional return for eating 1/2 of Savard's contract?  They only got a 2nd for retaining Petry's contract next year and Petry makes about a million more than Savard. Holloway is worth way more than a 2nd by himself. 

Savard has trade value ... Petry had none ... everyone knew he was (a) close to washed up and (b) never going to play for Montreal.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I mean Dillon Dube and Hart both taking leaves in the same week smells a lot like that 2018 WJC legal issue could be coming to a head.

SOMETHING is going around ... Ty Smilanic also on indeterminate leave ... and he is an American.

3 hours ago, PMAC said:

I like the EDM to MTl trade rumour I saw on several sites Savard and a 5th to EdM for Ceci, Borgault and  a 2nd.Thought's? 

A late 2nd eh, I guess that would work and open a spot on right side for youth.

4 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Savard has trade value ... Petry had none ... everyone knew he was (a) close to washed up and (b) never going to play for Montreal.

Obviously Detroit didn't think he was washed up. He is on pace for 30pts.   Yes, Savard has trade value. If you don't think Holloway is an excellent return for eating 1.75M for a year then we will have to agree to disagree. Hughes makes that trade in a heartbeat. IMO

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Depends on how bad the Hart leave is.

I mean Dillon Dube and Hart both taking leaves in the same week smells a lot like that 2018 WJC legal issue could be coming to a head.  Or it could be coincidence.  Both were on that roster so its suspicious at the very least.

If hes got a long legal case in front of him, Allen could be a wanted commodity for a team fighting for a playoff spot.

Certainly suspicious. I guess it depends on how badly Philly wants to make the playoffs this year. I think they are still in rebuild mode and likely surprised themselves this year. 

12 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

SOMETHING is going around ... Ty Smilanic also on indeterminate leave ... and he is an American.

That seems unrelated.  Remember the alleged incident was at a ceremony honoring the team, not at the tourney, so smilanic wouldnt have been there.

4 hours ago, PMAC said:

Could you post a link to where you found it?

As for the offer itself, I'd pass.  Ceci isn't that great and Borgeault's value has cratered this year.  Granted, they'd keep the retention slot in this case but this feels underwhelming.

22 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

This is the second year in a row he has taken a leave of absence and he's a shell of the player he was just a couple of years ago.  I don't think there's anything suspicious about the timing, there's legitimately something wrong.

4 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

What do you think is a fair trade here? Keep in mind Savard also has another year at 3.5M

If you are moving Savard on his own, minimum ask is a 2nd. If you have to take Ceci back, a 1st. Savard at $3.5m is better than Ceci for another year for them.

• Like 1

five 2018 Canada world junior hockey team members suspected of sexual misconduct soon to be charged:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/complete-list-of-players-under-public-suspicion-for-involvement-in-2018-world-juniors-scandal

he list of players denying involvement and providing alibis:

Kale Clague, Jordan Kyrou, Cale Makar, Victor Mete, Robert Thomas.

The list of players denying involvement without alibis:

Maxime Comtois, Dillon Dube, Carter Hart, Dante Fabbro, Cal Foote, Jonah Gadjovich, Brett Howden, Colton Point, Taylor Raddysh, Sam Steel, Tyler Steenbergen, Connor Timmins, Jake Bean.

The list of players who release statements, but did not deny involvement:

Boris Katchouk, Michael McLeod, Drake Batherson.

List of players who have not released a statement:

Alex Formenton.

27 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

five 2018 Canada world junior hockey team members suspected of sexual misconduct soon to be charged:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/complete-list-of-players-under-public-suspicion-for-involvement-in-2018-world-juniors-scandal

he list of players denying involvement and providing alibis:

Kale Clague, Jordan Kyrou, Cale Makar, Victor Mete, Robert Thomas.

The list of players denying involvement without alibis:

Maxime Comtois, Dillon Dube, Carter Hart, Dante Fabbro, Cal Foote, Jonah Gadjovich, Brett Howden, Colton Point, Taylor Raddysh, Sam Steel, Tyler Steenbergen, Connor Timmins, Jake Bean.

The list of players who release statements, but did not deny involvement:

Boris Katchouk, Michael McLeod, Drake Batherson.

List of players who have not released a statement:

Alex Formenton.

List of Player who have just taken indefinite leaves of absence from their NHL teams ... Dillon Dube and Carter Hart.

Selfishly for the Habs, if Hart is out for the rest of the season (an NHL suspension seems possible if he is charged) that adds a team to the list in need of a goalie.

We already knew Houston is interested, apparently the likely destination for the Coyotes if they can't get their "building together" ... and there has been a lot of talk of Atlanta being interested (although thought I read somewhere recently that the Atlanta group and/our city "learned from PKP" and wants the franchise granted as a condition of building the arena ... so they might be part of a longer-term expansion plan).

58 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

List of Player who have just taken indefinite leaves of absence from their NHL teams ... Dillon Dube and Carter Hart.

Formenton now on leave

And McLeod and Foote not at Devils practice

Curious ...

image.png

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, PMAC said:

Link https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/01/canadiens-rumors-oilers-linked-to-david.html?m=1

16 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Could you post a link to where you found it?

As for the offer itself, I'd pass.  Ceci isn't that great and Borgeault's value has cratered this year.  Granted, they'd keep the retention slot in this case but this feels underwhelming.

Link https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/01/canadiens-rumors-oilers-linked-to-david.html?m=1