Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Speculative rumour:

With the Habs losing Cammi for an undetermined but probably extended period, offers will be made to Johan Witehall and Juha Lind.

:wacko: LMAO :wacko:

According to EK, Montreal has a deal in place that could go down today. No doubt it involves Halak and the Habs getting a scoring forward in return. With the loss of Cammalleri and the fact that they can't score 5-on-5, help should be on the way.

Edited by JGC21

According to EK, Montreal has a deal in place that could go down today. No doubt it involves Halak and the Habs getting a scoring forward in return. With the loss of Cammalleri and the fact that they can't score 5-on-5, help should be on the way.

Leafs press conference called for 11:30...

:unsure:

Price, Plekanec, and a prospect for Vinny. Done.

Bettman stepped in and said no because Len Barrie said no.

That would have been awful! Fortunately, it's impossible now that we got Gomez instead.

Leafs press conference called for 11:30...

:unsure:

Kessel :unsure:

It's Dion Phaneuf.

this makes me really unhappy...i what phaneuf really bad and thought the habs might go for him... :angry::angry::angry:

It's Dion Phaneuf.

this makes me really unhappy...i what phaneuf really bad and thought the habs might go for him... :angry::angry::angry:

This Phaneuf deal is absurd, it reminds me of Gilmour for Leeman.

The Canadiens trying to acquire an older player making $10M per, on a team that has massive money problems

still have to give up Price and Plekanec, yet the Leafs acquire a 24 year old for a UFA, two 3rd liners and a 4th liner?

That is a franchise altering deal, the cap concerns are little to none, because they can dump any of their other 3 D for

picks or expiring contracts.

This Phaneuf deal is absurd, it reminds me of Gilmour for Leeman.

The Canadiens trying to acquire an older player making $10M per, on a team that has massive money problems

still have to give up Price and Plekanec, yet the Leafs acquire a 24 year old for a UFA, two 3rd liners and a 4th liner?

That is a franchise altering deal, the cap concerns are little to none, because they can dump any of their other 3 D for

picks or expiring contracts.

this well be a big for T.O..and only the start of moves for them..iam not happy..

this well be a big for T.O..and only the start of moves for them..iam not happy..

Their rebuild has finally begun. They now can rebuild around the Kessel, Phaneuf .

Their rebuild has finally begun. They now can rebuild around the Kessel, Phaneuf .

Yep and Gainey has locked us up and tied us with Gomez for the next 4 years, markov ready to be a UFA in another year and with . So while the leafs are going to have a pretty solid top 4 blue line now, I can't believe Gainey couldn't have offered a similar package to upgrade our pathetic blue line. Oh, yeah sorry he already made the blue line pick up of the century when he got MAB. Burke goes and grabs one of the best you young d-men and Gainey picks up guys none of the other GM's in the league wants. Last year it was schneider, this year it was MAB.

One of the of the worst teams in the league puts together a package of spare parts to get one of the best young dMan in the league and as usual Gainey was sleeping.

Anyone see a patter here. No wants Schneider - Gainey gets him. No one would touch Gomez's salary with a ten foot pool, Gainey gets him. Florida did not want Martin behind the bench, and were only too glad to get rid of his salary and let Gainey pick it up. 29 GM's could care less that MAB scored 14 goals last year for a goal hungry Minnissota team and here Gainey is being hailed as a genious for picking him up.

We have a crappy team, no cap room, but IN BOB WE FXCKING TRUST!

And what else? The great Schenn I suppose...Getting Giguere shows they have little faith in Gustafsson so they still have no goalie of the future. Hey, at least they have their 1st this...oh wait, never mind. Well, they'll have their first next...whoops. I like their defence, but this new Leafs squad may challenge the Habs for scoring futility, especially if Blake's on the move as well.

Yep and Gainey has locked us up and tied us with Gomez for the next 4 years, markov ready to be a UFA in another year and with . So while the leafs are going to have a pretty solid top 4 blue line now, I can't believe Gainey couldn't have offered a similar package to upgrade our pathetic blue line. Oh, yeah sorry he already made the blue line pick up of the century when he got MAB. Burke goes and grabs one of the best you young d-men and Gainey picks up guys none of the other GM's in the league wants. Last year it was schneider, this year it was MAB.

One of the of the worst teams in the league puts together a package of spare parts to get one of the best young dMan in the league and as usual Gainey was sleeping.

Anyone see a patter here. No wants Schneider - Gainey gets him. No one would touch Gomez's salary with a ten foot pool, Gainey gets him. Florida did not want Martin behind the bench, and were only too glad to get rid of his salary and let Gainey pick it up. 29 GM's could care less that MAB scored 14 goals last year for a goal hungry Minnissota team and here Gainey is being hailed as a genious for picking him up.

In Bob's defence, Markov can't be signed to an extension until July 1, can't really hold that part against him. Point taken though.

Jacques Martin was the GM, not the coach. And he quit that job to come here. At least try to get the facts sorta straight, before unloading all the bitching on us.

Jacques Martin was the GM, not the coach. And he quit that job to come here. At least try to get the facts sorta straight, before unloading all the bitching on us.

Martin was asked to give up the coaching duties and just be GM. Florida improved as soon as Martin relinquished his coaching responsobilities. Martin had to get PERMISSION to quit a GM job to take a coaching position. The Panthers were thrilled to let him go after he fxcked up with Bouwemeester. Dreger already said that his job was on the line as a GM, but the panthers couldn't afford to fire him with a couple of years left on his contract. THose are the facts.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Martin was asked to give up the coaching duties and just be GM. Martin had to get PERMISSION to quit a GM job to take a coaching position. The Panthers were thrilled to let him go after he fxcked up with Bouwemeester. Dreger already said that his job was on the line as a GM, but the panthers couldn't afford to fire him with a couple of years left on his contract. THose are the facts.

You should chose another team bro. I read all your posts, you're miserable. MAB, for example, is just a depth, powerplay guy. NOBODY thinks he's anywhere near a top player. You actually referenced him in this leaf trade.

Ok, so they have a legitimate blue line and possibly a goalie. Now they gave even LESS scoring depth.

Burke has now got a future D for next year of Phaneuf, Beachemen, Komi and Schenn.

During the summer when Kaberle's NTC 30 window is open, Burke will move him for some more scoring. Even giving up his top 3 pick this year, The leafs will be better next year, can we say the same about the habs under Gainey????

You should chose another team bro. I read all your posts, you're miserable. MAB, for example, is just a depth, powerplay guy. NOBODY thinks he's anywhere near a top player. You actually referenced him in this leaf trade.

I referenced him to make a point that other GM's STEAL top players from other teams, while Gainey picks up guys off the trash heap that no one will touch - Schneider, MAB, Gomez. I'm sorry that you find that to hard to understand.

I've been a habs fan for 35 years and have never cheered for any other team and not about to start now. I'm just pissed that every year this team seems to get worse and worse and I can't see Gainey being able to lead this team back to respectibility, unlike you whose stupid motto is IN GAINEY WE TRUST - no matter how far we go down in the standings.

Burke has now got a future D for next year of Phaneuf, Beachemen, Komi and Schenn.

During the summer when Kaberle's NTC 30 window is open, Burke will move him for some more scoring. Even giving up his top 3 pick this year, The leafs will be better next year, can we say the same about the habs under Gainey????

Did your mother not love you enough? :P I've never seen anyone so negative in my life! Surely, SURELY you can find one good, positive thing to say about Gainey and the Habs? Might make you feel better. Just one. I dare you! ;)

You seem to think those are top 4 D? Top 4 on a crappy team maybe. I'd put the habs top 4 vs. their top 4 anyday. You're forgetting one thing, the leafs just traded away any player that could score for them besides Kessel. This is a habs forum though, we shouldn't care what other teams do.

I get so tired of people acting like "oh this trade would work, we should have offered that". Not a single one of us is actually the GM, we do not what was offered or wanted from the habs. Everyone is freaking out how this seasons gone down, ever think what it would have been like without all the injuries? I know bla bla injuries happen, but not to the extent the habs have, contracts are expiring this season, new players brought in. Just relax, everyone is going to give themselves heart attacks trying to be armchair GMs.

I referenced him to make a point that other GM's STEAL top players from other teams, while Gainey picks up guys off the trash heap that no one will touch - Schneider, MAB, Gomez.

Pouliot, Cammy... What garbage, right?

You consider that to be a good move on the part of Burke? So if they lose Kaberle, one of the better offensive defensemen in the league, who in that 'top 4' will pass the puck? I guess it doesn't matter because they don't have any forwards to pass to anyways.

Edited by ForumGhost