Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

actually if he's replacing MAB then it's sideways cause they both suck. MAB sucks more but souray costs more... hence, sideways

Souray! :lol:

But the question was, would Souray want to come here? I doubt it. He rejected Hamrlik's contract when Gainey offered it to him. That doesn't speak to a guy with the :hlogo: on his heart.

actually if he's replacing MAB then it's sideways cause they both suck. MAB sucks more but souray costs more... hence, sideways

Wow, ok, so you don't like MAB. You're on more than one thread, banging away at that point. We get it, and most don't agree with you. He's considered a good emergency signing by Bob, and has some beautiful key goals.

It was disappointing see Souray leave at the time, but to me there is no doubt that Hamrlik has been a better pickup for the $. No, he doesn't have the points, but i think he has played very good in Montreal.

Souray will probably go to California if any one of them wants him.

Struggling for 8th, but fighting for 5th, depends on your outlook I guess. This team was picked to miss the playoffs this year, by the media and some on this site. So far they have out performed those expectations.

Actually injuries affect your play and test the depth of your player development. The fact that we got through all those injuries and remained in the hunt speaks highly for our player development. UHOH, did I say that. Cheeky

I agree JHB, but couple injuries with the fact this team had the extreme makeover: Franchise Edition done on it, the most moves in the history of the NHL (or some bologna like that), didn't really facillitate a good geling, though I think we can start to see that happening.

I'd take Prust, Moss. The habs need to get a tough, physical line together. I can't remember there heavy weight but he clobbered Jansen last night.

I don't think the habs have a package to get Phaenuf. Unless a signed Pleks comes back. Subban maybe, but i think he may be untouchable.

I'd take Prust, Moss. The habs need to get a tough, physical line together. I can't remember there heavy weight but he clobbered Jansen last night.

I don't think the habs have a package to get Phaenuf. Unless a signed Pleks comes back. Subban maybe, but i think he may be untouchable.

I like Phaneuf. But we would need to send $6.5M in salary back the other way. From the guys we have in that range the only guys the Flames may remotely be intersted in to address their principal needs of scoring are Gionta, Cammy and Gomez (if only bcoz they signed Lankow for around $4.5M as a 1st line centre, who isn't really a 1st liner after Joikin came in. Joikinin is also showing why his teams have never been in the playoffs (save for his trip as a deadline pickup last year).

Struggling for 8th, but fighting for 5th, depends on your outlook I guess. This team was picked to miss the playoffs this year, by the media and some on this site. So far they have out performed those expectations.

Let's not kid ourselves here. We are in a playoff hunt because of how bad the Eastern Conference is after the top 3 teams. Did anyone expect the Bruins and Flyers to suck as much as they have (well maybe the flyers becuase after 15 years, they still haven't learned the value of paying for a legitimate #1 goaltender).

TSN said the Raffi Torres could be on the trade block because CBJ is doing terrible. Is anyone interested in him? I think he would be great next to Moen on the third line, and could be capable of stepping up to the top 6 for short periods of time.

Being familiar with who Bob Gainey is for the past 6-7 years of his term as G-M, I would think that he is going to stick with trading Halak rather than Carey Price. Therefore what I would like to see in return for Halak would be Neal or Benn from Dallas. These two player have skill and lot's of upsize and are able to jump in immediately to help our team. My hockey sense tells me that Thomas Plekanec is done with the Habs and therefore I hope that Bob Gainey can package him for a steady and reliable defenceman.

They will have to trade some defenseman before they trade for another 1. They already have 8.

Rumor has it the Avs are looking for a veteran LD, and are willing to trade Hannon to get 1.

I would consider Hannon for Hamrlik straight up. The habs will save some money on the deal. Plus Hannon is A RD, stay at home Dman, good partner for Markov.

BG should be calling Dallas, Calgary, Columbus, and a few others.

Awesome. Another dressing room divide!! So one of Markov or Price will be shipped out since that's the Montreal solution! Wicked. Bye Markov - we know Price is Gainey's man.