Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Thye aren't going to make the playoffs, so it's time for BG to start doing that GM stuff and and get the team bigger, tougher and harder to play against.

Thye need 3 new centers, they can't afford Pleks, they need a quality 3rd and 4th line centers to play physical, check and fight.

They need at least 2 new D, Subban will have 1 spot.

Let the games begin, come on BG, anyone can see the problem with the team.

Thye aren't going to make the playoffs, so it's time for BG to start doing that GM stuff and and get the team bigger, tougher and harder to play against.

Thye need 3 new centers, they can't afford Pleks, they need a quality 3rd and 4th line centers to play physical, check and fight.

They need at least 2 new D, Subban will have 1 spot.

Let the games begin, come on BG, anyone can see the problem with the team.

Bob is not going to blow up this team because of two bad games in January. Even if this team misses the playoffs, he will not blow it up, because its core is both new and signed long-term. As BTH says, the most we can possibly expect is to see Halak, Pleks, Hammer, or S. Kostitsyn traded.

Anyway, two wins and everyone will be talking about what a likeable bunch this is, and how Martin's 'system' is finally kicking in. :rolleyes:

Who said blow it up.

Those guys are fringe players at best. Gettign rid people who aren't cutting it isn't blowing anything up.

They need to upgrade some positions, that isn't blowing it up.

The 4 players you mentioned are on my list but D'Agi, Lapieree and Metro don't bring anything that can't be replaced. They can be added to deals to get more back.

Who said blow it up.

Those guys are fringe players at best. Gettign rid people who aren't cutting it isn't blowing anything up.

They need to upgrade some positions, that isn't blowing it up.

The 4 players you mentioned are on my list but D'Agi, Lapieree and Metro don't bring anything that can't be replaced. They can be added to deals to get more back.

Well, three new centres sounds fairly radical to me. But fair enough.

Lapierre: his career has shown a good-season-bad-season dynamic so far. Giving up on him is just more lunacy in my opinion - the same thing we did with Latendresse, Ribeiro, Grabovski, Perezhogin, Hainsey, and Beauchemin, and which some people now want to do with Carey Price. News flash: THIS IS WHAT YOUNG PLAYERS ARE LIKE. They are inconsistent, they have growth pains, sometimes they look awful. We KNOW that Laps is capable of being a high-quality, agitating, tough-to-play-against third line C. Therefore the objective should not be to unload him but rather to DEVEOP him so he can bring that game consistently. You won't find any third-line C who are better, younger, and cheaper than Lapierre was last season.

DAgostini is another story. He had that hot streak at the start of his NHL career and as far as I can see has been absolutely useless in every facet of the game ever since. So you can make the argument that he should be moved, but then again, he won't bring anything back and he costs next to nothing. It's fine to say we should 'upgrade' him, but you can say that about almost anybody. The most likely outcome is that Dags will be replaced by someone else off the farm, such as Pyatt...who, once he struggles, fans will throw to the wolves as another 'proven flop.'

Metropolit is the only depth player we have who has shown signs of being able to serve as a top-6 forward for limited periods. His advanced age is the only thing that justifies moving him.

Nonetheless I think you're right that depth is a major problem for us. A crucial problem in my book is that if ANY of our top-6 forwards go down, we can't score. That's no good. If we could add a guy who can do what Chris Higgins used to do - produce at a good clip for significant stretches before reverting back to third-line type - that would be huge. Who knows, Sergei Kostitysn could become that guy if he isn't moved.

If possible and economically sound, I'd be interested in seeing Metro back. He works hard and scores goals that we wouldn't otherwise have. Right handed shot and a willing and able competitor. Shifty hands for a guy who's a bottom six guy.

Well, three new centres sounds fairly radical to me. But fair enough.

Lapierre: his career has shown a good-season-bad-season dynamic so far. Giving up on him is just more lunacy in my opinion - the same thing we did with Latendresse, Ribeiro, Grabovski, Perezhogin, Hainsey, and Beauchemin, and which some people now want to do with Carey Price. News flash: THIS IS WHAT YOUNG PLAYERS ARE LIKE. They are inconsistent, they have growth pains, sometimes they look awful. We KNOW that Laps is capable of being a high-quality, agitating, tough-to-play-against third line C. Therefore the objective should not be to unload him but rather to DEVEOP him so he can bring that game consistently. You won't find any third-line C who are better, younger, and cheaper than Lapierre was last season.

DAgostini is another story. He had that hot streak at the start of his NHL career and as far as I can see has been absolutely useless in every facet of the game ever since. So you can make the argument that he should be moved, but then again, he won't bring anything back and he costs next to nothing. It's fine to say we should 'upgrade' him, but you can say that about almost anybody. The most likely outcome is that Dags will be replaced by someone else off the farm, such as Pyatt...who, once he struggles, fans will throw to the wolves as another 'proven flop.'

Metropolit is the only depth player we have who has shown signs of being able to serve as a top-6 forward for limited periods. His advanced age is the only thing that justifies moving him.

Nonetheless I think you're right that depth is a major problem for us. A crucial problem in my book is that if ANY of our top-6 forwards go down, we can't score. That's no good. If we could add a guy who can do what Chris Higgins used to do - produce at a good clip for significant stretches before reverting back to third-line type - that would be huge. Who knows, Sergei Kostitysn could become that guy if he isn't moved.

I'd just like to add that Lapierre is still recovering from surgery, and has only lately shown the speed we knew that he was capable of. It's definitely short-sighted to write him off at this point for that and all the reasons that CC lists.

It has just been rumoured that Gainey has offered the Leafs all the habs fans for theirs, as they don't whine nearly as much and his are starting to show signs of never maturing.

Sorry, I can't expose my source as I was told on the QT.

It has just been rumoured that Gainey has offered the Leafs all the habs fans for theirs, as they don't whine nearly as much and his are starting to show signs of never maturing.

Sorry, I can't expose my source as I was told on the QT.

lol :clap:

With what cap space?

he's half of his original value... so about 750k

Is Darche league minimum?

Sykora beside Pleks... then you trade D'agos for a 9th pick and voila!

he's half of his original value... so about 750k

Is Darche league minimum?

Sykora beside Pleks... then you trade D'agos for a 9th pick and voila!

exactly

or you throw lapierre and laraque on waivers

Sykora cleared waivers.... Wow, what a downfall for a player that still has a streak ongoing of 10+ seasons with 20+ goals

There's a reason he cleared - he's terrible. As for cap space, don't forget that the Habs are over the cap already - picking up Sykora would've made things much, much worse in that respect. Waiving Laraque and Lapierre wouldn't have put them back under had they picked him up...

I think we're getting close to a trade. What makes me think so? First of all, the decision to sit Laraque and Dag, and the recall of Darche. Martin played eight defensemen against St. Louis, which doesn't make much sense, except if you already know that Laraque is gone (you don't want him to be seriously hurt in his last game; it could cost dearly) and Dag too.

I also believe that management has enough of the Halak-Price situation. The best way to close the case is to make a decision. Therefore, Halak will be traded with a couple of others (probably Dag and one of the defensemen).

With Halak and Laraque's departure (and maybe Dag), Desjardins will become the backup goalie. He won't play much. If we lose a defenseman, I believe that Carle or Subban will be recalled. If we need another forward (Darche won't stay long), it will probably be White, Trotter or Desharnais.

As for whose going to join the team by way of a trade, I have no idea.

Whatever happens, we will see some changes soon.

Edited by JCPetit

I hope so.

I would look at Dallas and Calgary right now. Dallas has said they are interested in Halak,

I would try and land Daly and OTT. Trade something like Gorges, Lapierre and Halak for Daly and OTT. Ott would be a great LW for Moen, Daly is a puck moving RD, great pair for Gill.

I would try and see if Calgary wants Pleks and someone else for a #1 and Moss. A great center for OTT and Moen.

Obviously these are the type of players i would look for, i don't know that Calagary or Dallas are interested in moving them, but you have to get more mobile D and soem 3rd and 4th liners who know how to play physical.

Just curious, do most think Plek is a flash in the pan, and not worth keeping? I mean his stats + his PK abilities are near tops in the league, I know everyone bemoans losing someone for nothing.

If we trade Plek it has to be for a 1-2 center...we cannot give up our #1 unless we get a potential centre back, there's just no one in the system to replace him, and they will not have the cash to go get someone.

My opinion, is unless there's a dumb GM out there willing to trade a centre as good as Plek is for, the habs should try hard to sign him.

Just as an aside, we mention the other facets of Gomezs' game when we bring up his contract.

"He has good playmaking skill, good two way player" etc.

I worry that we are undervaluing Plek as a coping mechanism, resigning ourselves to the fact we're going to lose him.