Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I really wish they could elaborate on what was said. I don't see the lack of heart or character in Prices play, but we do not have access to the dressingroom. I'm not sure how a goalie plays with heart. There's plenty of habs who should be called out in regards to heart.

Calling Price on his play, I understand, but our goalies have tons of heart as shown by the number of shots they face every night.

Yes I agree... Do take this rumor with a grain of salt... During the loss vs the Blues.. it seems Markov told Price if he wasnt going to play with heart that he should best stay home.. to which the team took sides...

Bob hartley mention on the french speaking Antichambre show, that he had never before seen a stand by goalie leave the pre-game practice skate before... Stating that he was the first to hit the dressing room before any of the other 3 goalies did.... He said that even Patrick Roy would stay until the very last, if he was stand-by goalie for the nights game, so the other players can warm up taking shots at him!

Edited by CoRvInA

There is a couple of grain of salt lately.

Some players are frustrated and they turn on each other.

I start worrying when Laraque said that was one of the best group of players he played with

and we all know that Laraque is the king of misjudgments.

Gomez vsSergei Cammalleri vs Lapierre, Moen vs Metropolit, now Price vs Markov.

Am i missing some ??

Probably the next player that Price will stare at after a lucky bounce goal...i'd like to see that schlak in the mask.

Yes I agree... Do take this rumor with a grain of salt... During the loss vs the Blues.. it seems Markov told Price if he wasnt going to play with heart that he should best stay home.. to which the team took sides...

Bob hartley mention on the french speaking Antichambre show, that he had never before seen a stand by goalie leave the pre-game practice skate before... Stating that he was the first to hit the dressing room before any of the other 3 goalies did.... He said that even Patrick Roy would stay until the very last, if he was stand-by goalie for the nights game, so the other players can warm up taking shots at him!

Corvina is absolutley right. I think Markov had a problem with Price's attitude, especially regarding pre-game warm-up practises. on a night where Carey wasn't the starter, he would leave before practise was over, which is unheard of for ANY goalie. It's a well known fact that if you are the back-up goalie for a game, you should be the last one off the ice...not the first.

Corvina is absolutley right. I think Markov had a problem with Price's attitude, especially regarding pre-game warm-up practises. on a night where Carey wasn't the starter, he would leave before practise was over, which is unheard of for ANY goalie. It's a well known fact that if you are the back-up goalie for a game, you should be the last one off the ice...not the first.

we don't know what there is in his life, cause the coaches seem to be accepting that. so there must be something... I hope/guess. Otherwise, yes, you're right the backup should always be doing some overtime.

Apparently (source through a source - take it for what it's worth) Boivin said Halak would be traded.

yeah, Rejean Tremblay says that "gorge profonde" (which means deep throat... and knowing that he's gay, I can't imagine what his source and him do together) told him that.

we don't know what there is in his life, cause the coaches seem to be accepting that. so there must be something... I hope/guess. Otherwise, yes, you're right the backup should always be doing some overtime.

yeah, Rejean Tremblay says that "gorge profonde" (which means deep throat... and knowing that he's gay, I can't imagine what his source and him do together) told him that.

Tremblay is gay?

Just to add spice to this new Halak rumour, check out Arpon Basu's speculations in the excellent blog The Daily habs-It! (One word: Vinny. He's baaaAAAAAck - at least in the rumour mill :lol: ).

http://dailyhab-it.blogspot.com/2010/01/vinnyagain.html

Thanks ek!

Not Ek.

Follow the trail: http://twitter.com/ArponBasu early morning Jan 29. We all know that Boivin has opened his mouth before with respect to Gainey's work, so this isn't out of the realm.

"Donc, si on se fie au président du Canadien, Pierre Boivin, Jaroslav Halak joue sur du temps emprunté et d’ici deux semaines, il changera d’adresse. "

Pedneault: essentially, "if we believe Boivin, Halak is playing on borrowed time and within two weeks will change his address."

FYI, I can't be bothered with all this extra legwork putting up links and translating stuff. Either people will think I'm pulling stuff out of my ass or they won't. That's up to them. I'm putting this up here this time because I feel embarassed for your avatar and thought you might need a little direction, since you're obviously a lost creature.

It *is* just a rumour. But it's not coming from some radio guy who wants to make headlines for himself. It's not coming from Ek who is out to get you to pay $20 to join his Website of Hockey Horrors. This is Pedneault talking about what Boivin said. Reasonable rumour.

Not Ek.

Follow the trail: http://twitter.com/ArponBasu early morning Jan 29. We all know that Boivin has opened his mouth before with respect to Gainey's work, so this isn't out of the realm.

"Donc, si on se fie au président du Canadien, Pierre Boivin, Jaroslav Halak joue sur du temps emprunté et d’ici deux semaines, il changera d’adresse. "

Pedneault: essentially, "if we believe Boivin, Halak is playing on borrowed time and within two weeks will change his address."

FYI, I can't be bothered with all this extra legwork putting up links and translating stuff. Either people will think I'm pulling stuff out of my ass or they won't. That's up to them. I'm putting this up here this time because I feel embarassed for your avatar and thought you might need a little direction, since you're obviously a lost creature.

It *is* just a rumour. But it's not coming from some radio guy who wants to make headlines for himself. It's not coming from Ek who is out to get you to pay $20 to join his Website of Hockey Horrors. This is Pedneault talking about what Boivin said. Reasonable rumour.

The Daily habs-It - a respectable journalistic source - also confirms this in the link I put up.

Clearly Boivin said this. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it's highly suggestive. It would also work with Gainey's established pattern of incredible deep levels of faith in Carey Price.

I hope it doesn't. My position is that we should keep both guys until the situation clarifies itself. If it does happen, Bob had *better* get back a C who can supplant the sure-to-be-gone Plekanec.

The Daily habs-It - a respectable journalistic source - also confirms this in the link I put up.

Clearly Boivin said this. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it's highly suggestive. It would also work with Gainey's established pattern of incredible deep levels of faith in Carey Price.

I hope it doesn't. My position is that we should keep both guys until the situation clarifies itself. If it does happen, Bob had *better* get back a C who can supplant the sure-to-be-gone Plekanec.

I sincerely hope he didn't say this, as I was really hoping Boivin would stay out of commenting on the hockey side of things. He's put his foot in his mouth far too many times saying things he really shouldn't be, especially when it once again finds its way into the media. At least this time, it's not really newsworthy as Halak's been rumoured to have been on the move for months now.

i think Halak well be the one to go because he said he what to be trade if his not the number one guy..my only problem with this is that he thinks more about his self then the team(which that his choice, and he got to do what good for himself)...but i think we are looking for guys that are more about the team..i think halak is been good this year for us but iam not jumping on the halak wagon just yet..he as not done much as a pro and dont have many playoff games..so do you trade away price( who as more up side and younger) because you have a 24 year old guy whos playing well now and demand a trade if he does get most of the playing time..

i wish we could keep both but i dont see it workingout..

i hope we trade halak for a good player

and next season sign a vet goalie thats on his way out of the nhl and dont mine helping price become a better goalie on and off the ice...

i was thinking that we need some better 3rd line 4th line players so i thought i see if any you guys like any of these ufa

Arron Asham,Shawn Thornton,Matt Cooke,Derek Boogaard,Steve Ott,Brian McGrattan,Adam Mair..

On the radio here in Calgary, just before the Flames-Oilers game, the announcers were talking about the Tampa Bay situation, where Bettman is finding another onwer (part owner in the red-sox or something).

Anyway, a comment they made was that its been leaked that the Habs-Lightning had a VINNY deal done at the draft. However, bcoz of the split between the owners Bettmen disallowed the deal. I don't think that this news, as some scenerio like this has been discussed. However, I was surprised at the two players they mentioned. The first Pleks was not much of a surprise, as he had also been mentioned in the winter trade rumours. However the 2nd player was Price?!? I can't imagine Gainey trading Price.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

On the radio here in Calgary, just before the Flames-Oilers game, the announcers were talking about the Tampa Bay situation, where Bettman is finding another onwer (part owner in the red-sox or something).

Anyway, a comment they made was that its been leaked that the Habs-Lightning had a VINNY deal done at the draft. However, bcoz of the split between the owners Bettmen disallowed the deal. I don't think that this news, as some scenerio like this has been discussed. However, I was surprised at the two players they mentioned. The first Pleks was not much of a surprise, as he had also been mentioned in the winter trade rumours. However the 2nd player was Price?!? I can't imagine Gainey trading Price.

Has Gainey never surprised us before?

I can believe it.