GDT: Montreal (39-32-8) vs New York I. (33-35-10)

dlbalr

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw... Frigan goalpost. Gotta question using Laps in the shootout. Halak had some key saves but not his best game overall.

The brightside is that we can clinch with getting 1 point in either of our last two and if Rangers don't get 6 of a possible 6 in their last 3. So, odds are on our side.

Edited by ForumGhost

2 minutes from a win and we lose in the shootout...nice, real fvc.king nice! Once again, our boys choke when it counts! We could have punched through tonight, but we didn't show up for most of the game...again!

Edited by Habsfan

2 minutes from a win and we lose in the shootout...nice, real fvc.king nice! Once again, our boys choke when it counts! We could have punched through tonight, but we didn't show up for most of the game...again!

Ugh. :(

Aw... Frigan goalpost. Gotta question using Laps in the shootout. Halak had some key saves but not his best game overall.

Ya think?

They are going to back in like always. Outside of 2008 this team just doesn't know how to close the deal.

In 2006 they backdoored when the Caps beat the Thrashers and lost the final game of the season to the Devils.

In 2007 they needed only 1 point in the last 2 games to clinch and lost both games.

In 2009 they needed only 1 point in their final 4 games and barely got it in an OT loss on the second last game of the year.

Brutal. 2 minutes away from clinching and putting a stranglehold on 6th and they hacked it up and lost in a shootout.

They will make it. The only way they won't is if the Rangers win out and both wins on the weekend are in OT against Philly.

I just hate going in like a bitch. They better beat the Canes on Thursday.

Edited by Wamsley01

They've tended to play down to the opposition all season. In that sense this game was par for the course...unfortunately I picked them to win in a SO so I can't claim to have had it pegged in advance (close though!).

Look at it this way. Did you *really* think this team was gonna sew up the playoffs the easy way? Of course not. :rolleyes:

They've tended to play down to the opposition all season. In that sense this game was par for the course...unfortunately I picked them to win in a SO so I can't claim to have had it pegged in advance (close though!).

Look at it this way. Did you *really* think this team was gonna sew up the playoffs the easy way? Of course not. :rolleyes:

Nope, because they have only done so once in the last 5 years.

Nope, because they have only done so once in the last 5 years.

What I don't get, is the team was transformed. Cup winning vets were added to the mix. Players that understand the value of securing your spot, and cruising through the final two games. Stay healthy and fresh, prepare for the post season.

JM and his system lose another point...

And what about all the points his system has won? I guess we don't remember the games where the habs "sit back" and win. We're on the verge of clinching a playoff spot while other teams, some of which play a run and gun game, are completely eliminated. Why complain about it?

The Islanders played one of the better games I've seen THEM play in awhile. We didn't bring our "A" game, far from it, but the real difference maker in this game came in the shootout needless to say. The Isles were able to be loose while the Habs players knew they had to put the puck in the net.

I expect our strongest game of the week to be Saturday against the Leafs.

Well our chances of making the playoffs are obviously still pretty good. The Habs can control their fate by picking up another point, but what is sort of good is that the Flyers last two games are vs. the Rangers so we can just hope that those games don't go into OT. If they dont go to OT that would keep one of the Rangers or Flyers behind the Habs without the Habs having to win a game.

Ya think?

They are going to back in like always. Outside of 2008 this team just doesn't know how to close the deal.

In 2006 they backdoored when the Caps beat the Thrashers and lost the final game of the season to the Devils.

In 2007 they needed only 1 point in the last 2 games to clinch and lost both games.

In 2009 they needed only 1 point in their final 4 games and barely got it in an OT loss on the second last game of the year.

Brutal. 2 minutes away from clinching and putting a stranglehold on 6th and they hacked it up and lost in a shootout.

They will make it. The only way they won't is if the Rangers win out and both wins on the weekend are in OT against Philly.

I just hate going in like a bitch. They better beat the Canes on Thursday.

Actually, only one of the games against Philly has to go to OT. Philly is one point back, and have one win more than the Habs.

And what about all the points his system has won? I guess we don't remember the games where the habs "sit back" and win. We're on the verge of clinching a playoff spot while other teams, some of which play a run and gun game, are completely eliminated. Why complain about it?

The Islanders played one of the better games I've seen THEM play in awhile. We didn't bring our "A" game, far from it, but the real difference maker in this game came in the shootout needless to say. The Isles were able to be loose while the Habs players knew they had to put the puck in the net.

Well obviously, the system is to blame for all our losses so our wins must be due to players ignoring the system. I mean, that seems to be logical conclusion he he proposing.

Still nothing from Pouliot, Cammelleri.

Even if he didn't buried a goal Andrei K. was ok.

But these two up there need to be switched lines. It's the only thing that could ignite choker 13.

Or the injury took that houmph off his shot.

57 ? Cold, not a good time to be cold. He takes forever to shoot when it's the release thta makes him score.

Why not, Sergei K on the PP iwth Plek and his bro.

Darche look like a guy at the end of the toilet paper roll. Not pretty to watch.

Halak had a bad one in the system, thats a fact, the interesting thing to see will be how he will

rebound in Carolina.

Well that was a solid 20 minutes of hockey. 3 minutes away from the playoffs and if Gorges backed up any further he would have been int he front row.

Just a tip to Hamrlik, it's ok to hit someone when they have the puck, it's called an open ice hit. You don't look at the puck, rather the player.

I do know if Price would have given up that 3rd goal and lost in OT ther fans, posters and media would be calling for his head on a stick, where is the complaining about Halak?

Well they just can't seem to make things easy on themselves, i doubt they beat Carolina which will mean they will be score board watching on Friday.

Are you saying we tend to change with the weather and villify after losses while waxing euphoric over successes! :) Hmmm.. :o

Didn't we used to celebrate how the team would come back from large deficits and win in the third?

Our success after the Olympics was apparently largely the result of disciplined play from good coaching. Nice going JM and Uncle Bob!

They will not make the playoffs without making us sweat.

The Leafs can clinch it for us tonight, but seeing as they have lost to Atlanta, Boston and Philadelphia over the last

week, don't count on any help from them. I fully expect that they will lay an egg tonight and come hard as ever

on Saturday night.

I do know if Price would have given up that 3rd goal and lost in OT ther fans, posters and media would be calling for his head on a stick, where is the complaining about Halak?

You mean like after the Florida game when the Habs hung on to a 2-1 lead and the fanbase used that as a comparable to prove that Halak wins close games and Price loses them?

I would start Halak in the playoffs, but it is interesting to note the numbers of both against the teams they may face.

(Washington, Pittsburgh, New Jersey and Buffalo)

Price – 3-5-2 – 2.54 GAA .924 SV%

In Price’s starts the Habs have scored 22 goals (2.2 GPG)

Halak – 3-4-1 – 2.99 GAA ..896 SV%

In Halak’s starts the Habs have scored 20 goals (2.5 GPG)

I can see one Halak complainer here... In fact this board has more people bashing Halak than people bashing Price. Ive been talking alot for Halak and against Price lately but Im still a fan of both.