Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

4 hours ago, huzer said:

Just imagine had he fired Lefebvre earlier? The lack of development was one of the previous regime's biggest failures. Lack of prospect graduation isn't solely on scouting and drafting, it's also on development staff, which was also the responsibility of the GM.

I mean seriously, move on. Bergevin is gone. He did some good, did some bad. He's not worth the vitriol he gets, nor is he someone that needs constant defending. Your comment would've been fine without the little dig toward the fanbase that wasn't happy with the previous GM.

Umm, he never actually fired Lefebve. He quit!

Reinbacher 0pts 0shots 19:41

Sherbrooke Phoenix at Québec Remparts 7:00 pm

Quentin Miller -

Brantford Bulldogs at Ottawa 67's 7:00 pm

Florian Xhekaj -

Windsor Spitfires at Kitchener Rangers 7:00 pm

Filip Mešár -

Peterborough Petes at Sudbury Wolves 7:05 pm

Owen Beck -

Owen Sound Attack at Sarnia Sting 7:05 pm

Cédrick Guindon -

University of Connecticut at Boston College 7:00 pm

Jacob Fowler -

University of Maine at Boston University 7:00 pm

Lane Hutson -
Luke Tuch -

hey @DON , I probably missed it, but do you have the PPGs stats from the prospects? I read that Mesar was at 2.1 ppg this season and I found that great news specially since I've been criticizing that pick recently. Obviously I am not tracking the progress from the prospects as I should.

I usually check here:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/64/montreal-canadiens/in-the-system

image.png

Fowler seems to be doing fine:

image.png

Hutson 2a; 14pts in 11games

Tuch 1g 4 shots

Xhekaj 1g1a 4 shots 6/11, 3rd star of game; 10g in 18games (1st & 3rd star this weekend, 0PIMs)

Miller 2g 27 shots Win, 1st star of game

Fowler 31 save shutout.

Bogdan 1g(2) 23:10

Engstrom 0pts 19:15

Reinbacher 0pts 19:28

1 hour ago, DON said:

Yes Florian really had a sweet coast to coast rush, encouraging play.

Beck 1g (9) 4 shots 5/6 faceoffs; early 2nd down 5-1

Beck gets his 10th less than 3 minutes later.

Peterborough Petes at Oshawa Generals - Sunday, November 19, 2023 (chl.ca)

Beck with a hat trick today, starting to light it up after a slow start.

7 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

🤩:wub::gohabsgo:

After being down 5-0 in the 1st period, 6-5 OT win; 1st star 3g & 1a  + 7 shots + 16/18 on faceoffs.

Sunday Highlights: Beck's hat-trick sparks Peterborough comeback - Ontario Hockey League (chl.ca)

Ontario Hockey League Stats

Player Team
GP
G
A
PTS
+/-
PIM

Guindon, Cédrick Owen Sound

Beck, Owen Peterborough

Mešár, Filip Kitchener
+11

Xhekaj, Florian Brantford
+5

Sobolev, Daniil Windsor
+3

Habs Prospects

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Damn Mesar is doing way better than I expected. I might actually get some Kitchener Rangers tickets this year to watch him play. 

Barring trades (unlikely as both Peterborough and Kitchner are leading their divisions at the moment), Beck and Mešár are in Ottawa on back-to-back days in February ... so may try to hit both games.

In his last game Hutson, must of left half-dozen opponents falling down trying to catch him, funny to watch and entertaining play; but a work in progress still on the backend.

Across The Border: Hutson’s and Fowler’s improvements - EOTP (habseyesontheprize.com)

"The main reason this hurdle is and will continue to be the most difficult to overcome for Hutson is the fact that it isn’t just a matter of size. His defensive skating also plays a major part in his shortcomings when defending the rush. His brain is all there, but his feet and his body can’t keep up. Deepening his pivots, digging deeper into his outside edges on those turns and stops would go a long way."

7 minutes ago, DON said:

In his last game Hutson, must of left half-dozen opponents falling down trying to catch him, funny to watch and entertaining play; but a work in progress still on the backend.

Across The Border: Hutson’s and Fowler’s improvements - EOTP (habseyesontheprize.com)

"The main reason this hurdle is and will continue to be the most difficult to overcome for Hutson is the fact that it isn’t just a matter of size. His defensive skating also plays a major part in his shortcomings when defending the rush. His brain is all there, but his feet and his body can’t keep up. Deepening his pivots, digging deeper into his outside edges on those turns and stops would go a long way."

<<< PERHAPS >>> a reason to stay in school next season to hone some defensive skills as well as further developing physically ... Cale Makar and Quinn Hughes jumped after two NCAA seasons but Adam Fox spent three seasons ... Hutson is the same height as QH, and only an inch shorter than CM and AF ... BUT ... he is 18-25 pounds lighter than those three.

I didn’t know Mesar had such a great shot. He is definitely a better winger than I expected

• Like 1