Injury news

Commandant

they were projected to return in about 2 weeks.

23 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I don’t hope for an Anderson injury in anyway but I wouldn’t mind if he was out for a few games to give others a chance. 

Maybe other players are able to score 

It’ll give Roy a chance to show what he can do. Still, I really don’t see Anderson as “keeping down” promising FWs who would flourish if only given the chance. 🤷‍♂️ This team has a dearth of talent up front.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It’ll give Roy a chance to show what he can do. Still, I really don’t see Anderson as “keeping down” promising FWs who would flourish if only given the chance. 🤷‍♂️ This team has a dearth of talent up front.

Anderson is producing nothing, regardless of how good of a chance he gets, he produces nothing. 

A second line player that produces nothing for half a season is typically a player that finds themselves on the fourth line. 

Perhaps Ylonen can score if given the same opportunity?

18 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Anderson is producing nothing, regardless of how good of a chance he gets, he produces nothing. 

A second line player that produces nothing for half a season is typically a player that finds themselves on the fourth line. 

Perhaps Ylonen can score if given the same opportunity?

Ylonen is the only one I can think of.

I have a feeling that Ylonen may turn out to be a bit like Jordan Weal - a guy whose skating deceives us into thinking that he has untapped offensive potential. Unlike Weal, he can play a sound two-way game, which is why he has a chance to have a viable NHL career. But the guy has three goals and four assists in 35 games despite taking a regular shift...that doesn't exactly scream "offensive gifts." 🤷‍♀️ And as frustrating as Anderson has been this season, he has both established top-9 pedigree and a track record of making an impact in numerous ways beyond the scoresheet.

• Like 1

He doesn't get much ice time, though. Looking at points/60 (five on five) for our forwards:

Pezzetta 2.03 (0.25 goals)

Newhook 1.78 (1.19)

Ylonen 1.38 (0.59)

Evans 1.36 (0.25)

Suzuki 1.34 (0.48)

Pearson 1.29 (0.65)

Anderson 0.88 (0.55)

Armia 0.83 (0.83)

Yes, Suzuki faces much stronger opposition, but Ylonen's output is very credible when you relate it to the amount of ice time.

5 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

He doesn't get much ice time, though. Looking at points/60 (five on five) for our forwards:

Newhook 1.78 (1.19)

Ylonen 1.38 (0.59)

Evans 1.36 (0.25)

Suzuki 1.34 (0.48)

Pearson 1.29 (0.65)

Anderson 0.88 (0.55)

Armia 0.83 (0.83)

Yes, Suzuki faces much stronger opposition, but Ylonen's output is very credible when you relate it to the amount of ice time.

I am always a bit dubious about "per 60" stats for low TOI players as their production is generally against other low TOI (i.e., less talented) players.

24 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I am always a bit dubious about "per 60" stats for low TOI players as their production is generally against other low TOI (i.e., less talented) players.

I did note that ("Suzuki faces much stronger opposition ...") but arguably Anderson's opposition is not all that much more talented than Ylonen's.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I have a feeling that Ylonen may turn out to be a bit like Jordan Weal - a guy whose skating deceives us into thinking that he has untapped offensive potential. Unlike Weal, he can play a sound two-way game, which is why he has a chance to have a viable NHL career. But the guy has three goals and four assists in 35 games despite taking a regular shift...that doesn't exactly scream "offensive gifts." 🤷‍♀️ And as frustrating as Anderson has been this season, he has both established top-9 pedigree and a track record of making an impact in numerous ways beyond the scoresheet.

47 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Newhook 1.78 (1.19)

Ylonen 1.38 (0.59)

Evans 1.36 (0.25)

Suzuki 1.34 (0.48)

Pearson 1.29 (0.65)

Anderson 0.88 (0.55)

Armia 0.83 (0.83)

As Tom points out, Ylonen gets little ice time. Anderson gets lots of ice and PP time as well. 

If you get lots of ice and key PP time yet produce nothing what good is pedigree? 

We say that players need to earn their ice time. Ylonen has earned more of an opportunity than Anderson this season. 

I'm not anti Anderson, he simply isn’t producing. 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Ylonen may also turn out to be like Lehkonen... it is hard to tell with the Habs coaching present and past. It's an MTL thing with mid-6 forwards

58 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Ylonen took a puck to the ear while sitting on the bench and didn’t return. 

Anyone know if he is okay? Probably concussion protocol but with our luck?

i think Pezzetta hit him dumping puck up boards, wasnt it?

I think was more a cut than concussion.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news ... but just a baby step in the re-hab process

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Postgame injury updates: 4-6 weeks for Harvey-Pinard, DTD for Harris (I think that one will change), TBD on Guhle.

Harris definitely looked like a concussion protocol at very least.

13 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

image.gif

Get that pin out of Bergevin's hand!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Dach was on the ice this morning skating by himself. I know he’s not coming back this season but this is an encouraging step. 

He's making progress anyway.  I read several months ago that Dach's projected return date would be in the 3rd round if they made it that far.   At best he might have been able to return for the 2nd round.  Apparently, with that specific injury it isn't good to return too quickly.  Players often feel like they are able to return but often end up with a hip or groin injury because they are over compensating from the original injury.  It makes sense to keep him out until he's absolutely 100% ready.