Injury news

Commandant

Really sucks for Chucky although he was only playing a minimal role.

He will miss 15 before the Olympic break and then have some extra time to rest up and get ready for the final push of the season.

The good thing is that its not lower body so he can dominate in the gym still.

Only plus is that some of the time missed will be during the olympics so less total games missed.

Louis Leblanc time?

There are reports that Parros got the green light today, a surprise given the news from last week. If true, he may take Galchenyuk's spot and Prust/Moen will move to the 3rd line for a bit. If not, Leblanc probably deserves a callup...which means that Blunden or Dumont will get it. The way the D is struggling, going with 7 D may not be a terrible idea in the short term either.

Apparently Price had a day off for treatment so he may not be 100% either.

If not, Leblanc probably deserves a callup...which means that Blunden or Dumont will get it. The way the D is struggling, going with 7 D may not be a terrible idea in the short term either.

I know "Habs hate Leblanc" is a running joke around here but while Blunden played one more game than him this season, Leblanc played 58 minutes when up compared to Blunden's 37 and Holland's 38.

Also Price needs a break. I was surprised he played against Florida.

There are reports that Parros got the green light today, a surprise given the news from last week. If true, he may take Galchenyuk's spot and Prust/Moen will move to the 3rd line for a bit. If not, Leblanc probably deserves a callup...which means that Blunden or Dumont will get it. The way the D is struggling, going with 7 D may not be a terrible idea in the short term either.

Apparently Price had a day off for treatment so he may not be 100% either.

Price tweaked his groin last night.

I know "Habs hate Leblanc" is a running joke around here but while Blunden played one more game than him this season, Leblanc played 58 minutes when up compared to Blunden's 37 and Holland's 38.

In reality, it depends on what role they're trying to fill. If the callup is taking Galchenyuk's spot, it should be a skilled guy (Leblanc, Thomas, etc). I don't think it will, they'll move Prust/Moen up instead. So that's why I think Leblanc deserves it (based on his play) but it'll more likely be a 4th line plug option as Blunden/Dumont are better suited to fit that role and it's better for the others' development to play more minutes on the farm.

The Habs announced no callups are forthcoming. With only 1 game between now and Saturday, this makes sense. Long-term though, something will have to give unless they think they can plug along until White's healthy.

Sucks for Galchenyuk, but he wasn't exactly lighting it up lately (or for most of the year). As JMMR mentioned, the timing with the Olympic break will allow him to not rush things, and maybe watching from the sidelines will help his game a bit and he'll come back revved up.

I still think next year is the year for Chucky where he'll break out for 70+ points.

Sucks for Galchenyuk, but he wasn't exactly lighting it up lately (or for most of the year). As JMMR mentioned, the timing with the Olympic break will allow him to not rush things, and maybe watching from the sidelines will help his game a bit and he'll come back revved up.

I still think next year is the year for Chucky where he'll break out for 70+ points.

Galchenyuk is on exact same offensive pace as Taylor Hall/Eberle in their 1st full year.

So, maybe it is just your expectations are what he isn't meeting and seems is on a normal development curve for a talented kid.

Plus he is only 8th in forward icetime, so is just getting 3rd line minutes, not top 6 minutes and is still 3rd in forward scoring.

But still it sucks for sure.

The Habs announced no callups are forthcoming. With only 1 game between now and Saturday, this makes sense. Long-term though, something will have to give unless they think they can plug along until White's healthy.

Dumont or Blunden seem to be best to call up options (to me anyways), but I almost think LL will get a crack at filling in for Bournival's reduced role and Bournival get an increased workload with Eller as Galchenyuk's replacement (which is simply an extra 2 minutes/3-4 shifts/game)?

Galchenyuk is on exact same offensive pace as Taylor Hall/Eberle in their 1st full year.

So, maybe it is just your expectations are what he isn't meeting and seems is on a normal development curve for a talented kid.

Plus he is only 8th in forward icetime, so is just getting 3rd line minutes, not top 6 minutes and is still 3rd in forward scoring.

But still it sucks for sure.

Nowhere did I say that he hasn't been up to snuff. I think he's playing at a reasonable level for someone his age - unfortunately, that isn't the highest level. There have only been 6-10 games this year where he's jumped out as a difference maker - which, again, is fine. Sure, he could do more with more minutes, but his play hasn't exactly warranted that. I think he's on the right track, however, and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders, which is why I predict he'll break out next year.

I think, given that team management needs to see what Leblanc is capable of at the NHL level, that LL will be given an opportunity to play significant minutes. I am not in favor of calling up Blunden because we already know what he can do--and more importantly-- cannot do.

I think, given that team management needs to see what Leblanc is capable of at the NHL level, that LL will be given an opportunity to play significant minutes. I am not in favor of calling up Blunden because we already know what he can do--and more importantly-- cannot do.

Yeah, it would be disappointing to see Blunden again, but if he's going to be playing 8 minutes on the fourth line it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, it would be disappointing to see Blunden again, but if he's going to be playing 8 minutes on the fourth line it doesn't really matter.

Bang on; Dumont, Blunden or LL will play a small role, but Blunden seems to be best fit for a checking role and Dumont maybe is best 'energy' guy.

I would be curious to see how LL could do with Habs, but 6-7minutes of ice may not be much of an audition?

I'd like to see Drew given at least a reasonable shot in that #7 slot, myself. Big, strong, hard-working defender. He must really suck ass if THIS team couldn't find a use for him in that role even with #74 out of the lineup last playoff.