Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping in on the Canadiens defense discussion. Most of the rumors I've read on several sites are saying that Boston, Carolina, Chicago, Columbus, and Los Angeles are currently or were at some point this season looking for defensemen. Boston, and Chicago are in cap trouble so will need a dman with a friendly cap hit. Columbus and L.A. can't afford anyone too expensive either. Tinordi would make sense for any of these teams. I like prospect Brandon Carlo in Boston, but is it wise to make a trade with a division rival? Would Boston even consider trading him for Tinordi?

As far as trading Emelin goes, we would most likely have to take back a contract. There was a rumor on mynhltraderumors.com before last season's trade deadline that Bergevin and Murray of the Ducks were working on a trade that involved Emelin and Fowler. The rumor report said that there were "other pieces" involved, but it was unknown what they were. Emelin injured himself just before the deadline and the Canadiens and Ducks swapped Sekac for Smith-Pelly. I wonder if there was a bigger deal in the works and if the Canadiens and Ducks could still work out an Emelin for Fowler deal.

I look forward to hearing what you guys think.

I don't know that I answer your question, but I would like to welcome you to the forum and hope that you enjoy as much as the rest of us do. I t really is the most honest and informative forum out there. Thanks to the people who run it.

Bruins wouldn't trade Carlo for Tinordi, maybe a 5th round pick if Habs are lucky.

Ducks got Bieksa so likely don't need an Emelin and Fowler is one of their best, a solid young top 4 d-man who plays lots of PP & PK, I think anyone would trade Emelin for him in a heartbeat, but would need more tossed in to sweeten that deal. Ducks are suckin so maybe they will make a move though? .

for sheer survival, i'd never trade a guy like Tinordi to Boston.

Trade a 6'6" monster to Boston, where he can learn to be an utter goon and attempt to injure our players multiple games a season? No way.

• Upvote 1

I think (hope) goon days are gone, big & slow d-men who cant handle puck at all don't stick around NHL for long anymore.

Disappointing thing is that I don't feel Tinordi is that slow at all. When he has a little space he can get up and down the ice really well. The problem is that if there's any sweaters he doesn't recognize near him the puck turns into a hand grenade.

Thanks for the welcome "habs rule". I've been reading posts from everyone since before the trade deadline last year. Seems like a cool place with nice people to chat about our favorite team.

Edited by John B

Do we care more that Tinordi gets 'better', or that Habs win?

And then question is...who gets scratched to allow him to play, Beaulieu or Emelin?

Good post.

The bottom line is that Tinordi has not been able to earn a spot. It's that, if anything, that should be bothering us - not the fact that the Habs are insisting on dressing better players than him.

If Tinordi's trade value is that low then I vote to keep him, but get him into some games. He's not going to get any better in the press box.

Pateryn is down for a conditioning stint (2 weeks or less), when he comes back, Tinordi can do the same.

If he can't earn an NHL spot, we can't force him into one.

NHL teams average 10+ different d-men dressing/yr, so if can bide their time and wait for flu or injury they likely will get a crack...although Barberio is likely rising on depthchart and if Tinordi could be waived I would guess Barberio would be the LH d-man in the pressbox instead and he may be ahead of Tinordi right now?

Thanks for the welcome "habs rule". I've been reading posts from everyone since before the trade deadline last year. Seems like a cool place with nice people to chat about our favorite team.

Welcome to the board JB. I for one do not want to see Tinordi in a Bruins jersey. I do think he is good enough to come in and take Gilberts job. However he gets yanked as soon as he makes a mistake. Habs cant get much in a trade for a guy they have cut from team over and over and over. Heck they are playing Gilbert ahead of him. Try trade that ! I say keep him and go the late bloomer route.

Welcome to the board JB. I for one do not want to see Tinordi in a Bruins jersey. I do think he is good enough to come in and take Gilberts job. However he gets yanked as soon as he makes a mistake. Habs cant get much in a trade for a guy they have cut from team over and over and over. Heck they are playing Gilbert ahead of him. Try trade that ! I say keep him and go the late bloomer route.

Tinordi and Gilbert aren't really competing for the same job.

Pateryn and Gilbert are competing for 1 spot on the right.

Beaulieu, Emelin, and tinordi are 3 guys competing for 2 spots on the left.

We've seen tinordi on RD, and man that was ugly and his worst games by far.

Tinordi and Gilbert aren't really competing for the same job.

Pateryn and Gilbert are competing for 1 spot on the right.

Beaulieu, Emelin, and tinordi are 3 guys competing for 2 spots on the left.

We've seen tinordi on RD, and man that was ugly and his worst games by far.

You are right about that.

I like both players style over Gilberts.

You are right about that.

I like both players style over Gilberts.

Gilbert has had a good season, though. There is a world of difference between him eating major minutes and him being used as a bottom-pairing guy.

I'm not so sure about 'liking their style' over Gilbert in principle. Gilbert is a decent-skating D-man who, if not overused as a top-4 guy, can be helpful in moving the puck and complementing the Habs' overall game. Otherwise put, he's well-suited to a league (and a team system) that places an increasing premium on puck-movement and speed. I'm not sure it makes sense for our team to carry two D-men (Emelin and either Tinordi or Pateryn) that play a more old-fashioned hard-nosed style without particularly impressive speed or mobility. (This is not to deny that Pateryn is an efficient defenceman by any means - just that his 'style' doesn't really fit the puck-moving game as well as Gilbert).

Gilbert has had a good season, though. There is a world of difference between him eating major minutes and him being used as a bottom-pairing guy.

I'm not so sure about 'liking their style' over Gilbert in principle. Gilbert is a decent-skating D-man who, if not overused as a top-4 guy, can be helpful in moving the puck and complementing the Habs' overall game. Otherwise put, he's well-suited to a league (and a team system) that places an increasing premium on puck-movement and speed. I'm not sure it makes sense for our team to carry two D-men (Emelin and either Tinordi or Pateryn) that play a more old-fashioned hard-nosed style without particularly impressive speed or mobility. (This is not to deny that Pateryn is an efficient defenceman by any means - just that his 'style' doesn't really fit the puck-moving game as well as Gilbert).

Well said. Still if thats the case. Carrying one physical D and five "puck movers" . I want a better one than Gilbert. Perhaps a younger guy with more upside.