Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Seem obvious that E Staal will not lead Carolina to playoffs in his final contract year. What would it likely take to get him as a rental in Feb... Eller + pick, Beaulieu? (not sure how much of cap hit he would be for last part of season, with his huge contract could he even realistically fit under Habs cap?).

Seem obvious that E Staal will not lead Carolina to playoffs in his final contract year. What would it likely take to get him as a rental in Feb... Eller + pick, Beaulieu? (not sure how much of cap hit he would be for last part of season, with his huge contract could he even realistically fit under Habs cap?).

Is he even that great any more? 31 with a lot of miles, and declining production for three years straight. No WAY do I give up Beaulieu for that. Even Eller, I'd have to think hard about, because it's throwing away a serviceable bottom-6 guy for a rental.

I know he isnt as good a power forward as once was, but still 18pts on crap team, skilled player and strong on faceoffs likely quite keen for 1 more cup. Long term not good deal obviously, but has been 20+ years with no parade and team has solid goalie, d-core even without Beaulieu, but could use (must have?) a boost up front if want to play games in June.

Unless Bergevin can find another Vanek quality player, that can be had for just a pick, maybe is the year to mortgage future? (Markov would for sure be happy to see Beaulieu traded.)

What about Vrbata from Canucks, would he be worth adding? Canucks GM seems dumb and might get him for a 5th pick?

Guest Stogey24

Carolina honestly isn't THAT crap of a team this year. I seriously think Staal is a guy Bergevin goes after though. He's a true character player

I find it funny people still want to trade Beaulieu after seeing what's happening with Markov. Beaulieu is a bigger piece of this D-core than people seem to think

Carolina honestly isn't THAT crap of a team this year. I seriously think Staal is a guy Bergevin goes after though. He's a true character player

I find it funny people still want to trade Beaulieu after seeing what's happening with Markov. Beaulieu is a bigger piece of this D-core than people seem to think

Yep, Nate is looking real good for the future, guy has skills big time...

cap hit 8.5 million real salary 9.5 million. That dream is over, no way do we take that cap hit.

.Just throwing this out there: Pacioretty traded for Johansson and CBJ 2nd round pick. With Max gone, AG can move up to #1 LW and play with RJ and the new captain, BG. Have at er...

Trade one of the best contracts in the league,the best goal scorer we have and the newly appointed captain while the team is struggling to score goals? Makes sense

Not sure why everyone seems so willing to deal Beaulieu. Markov does not have many years left and Beaulieu will essentially be his replacement. He just turned 23 and has already eclipsed last years point total in half as many games.In the not to distant future I see him slotting in as our number 2 d-man for the next decade.

I think Staal costs way less than Beaulieu. No way am i giving up our future at LD for a rental.

agreed... the time of paying huge prices for rentals is over... the cap = more value to picks and top prospects

.Just throwing this out there: Pacioretty traded for Johansson and CBJ 2nd round pick. With Max gone, AG can move up to #1 LW and play with RJ and the new captain, BG. Have at er...

this cant be a serious proposal... pacioretty is >>> johanson

we need another impact winger not a C

If you think one brand of orange is tastier than the other (or if you think one won't go as bad as quickly as the other), sure.

Cute, but I don't see much difference in these 2. Looks like a sideways trade to me.

Cute, but I don't see much difference in these 2. Looks like a sideways trade to me.

I think Silfverberg would be a better fit in Montreal than Anaheim. I think something around these two was suggested before a month or two ago and I was for it at that time.

I think Silfverberg would be a better fit in Montreal than Anaheim. I think something around these two was suggested before a month or two ago and I was for it at that time.

how about we just call Eller Silfie? :)

Why?

you want to trade 6 oranges for 6 oranges?

correction

one brand of oranges is not playing his natural position, while the other would come in and slot into his. It would be a Sekac for Pelley type deal, a hockey trade where 2 teams with talented players hope a change of scenery for them can get them going and also gives a little slap on the wrist to 2 teams struggling.

I don't see why this is being backhanded off the table as something totally pointless, we made this type of deal within the last year.

correction

one brand of oranges is not playing his natural position, while the other would come in and slot into his. It would be a Sekac for Pelley type deal, a hockey trade where 2 teams with talented players hope a change of scenery for them can get them going and also gives a little slap on the wrist to 2 teams struggling.

I don't see why this is being backhanded off the table as something totally pointless, we made this type of deal within the last year.

and that helped us out how? again?

well for one, just compare the 2 players this season, and you will see that we ended up coming out with the more useful player for us, did it make us contenders? no, and I never suggested it was a huge splash anyway, just a logical trade situation that had already occured.

at the end of the day, i'm glad we made the trade, and i'm glad we have Smith-Pelley doing what he does for us than Sekac doing what he does for them.

who is to say that wouldn't be the same outcome with Silfverberg, what if coming here turns him into the player he was for Ottawa again? wouldn't that be worth the sideways move? Alot of people want some Blue Jays type moves all the time, but sometimes you upgrade with baby steps, and look back after awhile and realize you built something pretty good that way too.

well for one, just compare the 2 players this season, and you will see that we ended up coming out with the more useful player for us, did it make us contenders? no, and I never suggested it was a huge splash anyway, just a logical trade situation that had already occured.

at the end of the day, i'm glad we made the trade, and i'm glad we have Smith-Pelley doing what he does for us than Sekac doing what he does for them.

who is to say that wouldn't be the same outcome with Silfverberg, what if coming here turns him into the player he was for Ottawa again? wouldn't that be worth the sideways move? Alot of people want some Blue Jays type moves all the time, but sometimes you upgrade with baby steps, and look back after awhile and realize you built something pretty good that way too.

My only real question would be since Eller can play a checking center role, do you think we are strong enough down the middle?

I don't want to trade Eller just yet, at least for a Silfverberg type guy... part of a package for an elite winger maybe, but I do like your baby steps theory, and I think Bergevin does too.

2nd ducks forwards PK/gm, Eller 6th

9th Ducks forward PP/gm, Eller 10th PP

4th forward TOI 17:00, Eller 8th 14:25

12th Hits, Eller 4th

2nd blocks, Eller 7th

2nd shots, Eller 7th.

Silvberg $3.75-2019 Eller $3.5-2018