Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

On 4/28/2024 at 2:32 PM, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

The trades for Newhook/Dach were outside the conference. I think teams are more likely to trade a young player to a place where it won't come back to haunt them. Of that group mentioned:

Krebs- 20 goals in 215 games, hasn't showed any sign of being a top 6 forward, has had 5 years to figure it out, pass

Quinn - might be promising, but trades with division rivals are always tough, likely wouldn't come cheap

Holtz - maybe the most promising, has shown signs of being a top 6 forward, depends on the price

Kakko - certainly has some talent, depends on the price, has had 5 years in the NHL though so maybe there is something not quite right 

Kaliyev- has some  talent but I think the Kings have soured on him, wouldn't give up much for him

Two interesting names from Saturday's Spectors Hockey ... Arpon Basu (The Athletic) directly linked Cole Perfetti to the Habs ...  Spencer Lazary (The Hockey News) mentions that the LAK may look to move Arthur Kaliyev, who with his size might be a nice fit ... ***if*** the LAK were truly only looking for a pick/prospect, HuGo might be able to do both.

21 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Two interesting names from Saturday's Spectors Hockey ... Arpon Basu (The Athletic) directly linked Cole Perfetti to the Habs ...  Spencer Lazary (The Hockey News) mentions that the LAK may look to move Arthur Kaliyev, who with his size might be a nice fit ... ***if*** the LAK were truly only looking for a pick/prospect, HuGo might be able to do both.

Certainly Perfetti is an interesting name. I would be surprised to see the Jets give up on him as he is still only 22 and had a decent year but perhaps they are looking to shake things up after going out in the 1st round. 

Kaliyev just couldn't seem to gain the confidence of the LA  coaching staff for whatever season. The knock on him is that his skating is not that great but he has some skill. I would be much more excited about Perfetti, the cost would be higher to get him as it should be. I certainly wouldn't give up Winnipeg's 1st for Kaliyev. The cost for Perfetti would likely be Winnipeg's 1st plus.  Just guessing here but Perfetti is very interesting. Commandant probably has a better take on this than I do. 

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Bason on his podcast with Godin has also linked Martin Necas.  I think that's who I'd be after. 

Perhaps but Carolina isn't going to do us any favours. He certainly wouldn't come cheap nor should he I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Perhaps but Carolina isn't going to do us any favours. He certainly wouldn't come cheap nor should he I guess. 

If they are going to blame the current regime for Bergevin's actions, that's on them I guess. 

24 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I certainly wouldn't give up Winnipeg's 1st for Kaliyev.

Wasn't suggesting a first rounder for Kaliyev ... neither did Lazary.

14 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Wasn't suggesting a first rounder for Kaliyev ... neither did Lazary.

I know you weren't, just thinking out loud about what the price would be. I wouldn't give up more than a 2nd. 

14 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I know you weren't, just thinking out loud about what the price would be. I wouldn't give up more than a 2nd. 

I guess similar start to careers, just bit less rope to play it seems.

Kaliyev     186gms 71pts   12:08/gm

Dach        212gms 99pts   17:01/gm

Newhook 214gms 100pts 14:35/gm

3 hours ago, DON said:

I guess similar start to careers, just bit less rope to play it seems.

Kaliyev     186gms 71pts   12:08/gm

Dach        212gms 99pts   17:01/gm

Newhook 214gms 100pts 14:35/gm

Dach was 61 in 152 at the time of the trade; Newhook was 66 in 159.

I would love getting Perfetti or Necas, but I think it’s unlikely Waddell trades Necas, to any team.

14 hours ago, Peter Puck said:

Would you offer sheet Necas?  That would be exciting.

That would be amazing :D

9 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

That would be amazing :D

Would it?  What would the price point need to be to dissuade Carolina from matching it?  And remember, the first-round pick(s) the Habs would surrender would be unprotected - they can't substitute in the CGY/FLA one.  Necas is a 2C, is that really what they should be parting with prime draft capital to get?  If they were further along in the process (in other words, a steady playoff team) and needed a 2C-type player as that missing piece, then sure, there's a case to be made.  But they're not there yet or particularly close so I'm not sure offer-sheeting anyone makes sense for Montreal right now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Would it?  What would the price point need to be to dissuade Carolina from matching it?  And remember, the first-round pick(s) the Habs would surrender would be unprotected - they can't substitute in the CGY/FLA one.  Necas is a 2C, is that really what they should be parting with prime draft capital to get?  If they were further along in the process (in other words, a steady playoff team) and needed a 2C-type player as that missing piece, then sure, there's a case to be made.  But they're not there yet or particularly close so I'm not sure offer-sheeting anyone makes sense for Montreal right now.

Excellent points, just don't see it happening.  Carolina does have some interesting decisions, especially if they want to sign Guentzel.  Necas and Jarvis will be getting huge raises if they want to keep both. I guess that's the price you pay for drafting well. 

56 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

You missed my point Brian... the laughing emoji. 😝

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

You missed my point Brian... the laughing emoji. 😝

Not necessarily an unambiguous emoji in this case ... laughing at the idea ... or ... laughing in glee at sticking it to Dumbdumb ... err ... Dundon.

So ........... Slafkovsky to Anaheim?

:devil:   😉   😜  

Google Translate: Juraj Slafkovsky and Trevor Zegras. Future teammates? 

• Like 1

Assume one of Mailloux, Struble, Harris, Kovacevic, Barron is gone this summer.

What value would Mailloux & Jets pick be to the Jets? Would it be Cole Perfetti value? 

Just based on St Louis' roster/cap structure, they have to still be in "try to win" mode ... wonder if they would take a risk on Anderson (3-yrs@$5.5M) bouncing back if the Habs took back Scandella (1-yr@$3.275M, 8th in TOI amongst Blues defencemen) ... Marco could be the 7D for next season and finish out his career "at home" ... if I recall he did play some RD, when necessary, in his short stint in with the Habs ... this would a pure "cap play" for 25/26 and 26/27; short-term pain for long-term gain ... but it would allow MSL to build legit trios instead of having to fit Anderson in with a duo on the 3rd/4th line.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Just based on St Louis' roster/cap structure, they have to still be in "try to win" mode ... wonder if they would take a risk on Anderson (3-yrs@$5.5M) bouncing back if the Habs took back Scandella (1-yr@$3.275M, 8th in TOI amongst Blues defencemen) ... Marco could be the 7D for next season and finish out his career "at home" ... if I recall he did play some RD, when necessary, in his short stint in with the Habs ... this would a pure "cap play" for 25/26 and 26/27; short-term pain for long-term gain ... but it would allow MSL to build legit trios instead of having to fit Anderson in with a duo on the 3rd/4th line.

Scandella's a free agent this summer, not a year from now.  That probably takes this one off the table.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Anderson's 3 years left doesn't make for a wise risk on a contending team.  If it were 1 year, maybe, but the length and risk makes his only option a team like Montreal.  Without sweeting the deal, even other rebuilding teams would stay away from him.  He will be on the roster to start the season. 

His only chance of a trade is if his performance gets a lot better.  This is also a case where it rests solely on his shoulders.  MSL gave him way more chances than he deserved to be in productive positions, and he just didn't.  I will give him credit, it wasn't from lack of effort.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Scandella's a free agent this summer, not a year from now.  That probably takes this one off the table.

Apologies all .... misread CapFriendly ... can't wait for the "cap year" switch-over.

image.png

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

I will give him credit, it wasn't from lack of effort.

Which to a certain degree makes it all the more concerning.