Latendresse?

hankhab

It looks like Latendresse, who claims his concussion issues are behind him, will not be qualified by Minnesota. Think he'd be an interesting UFA for habs to look at? He could probably be had for cheap, and would be a good for on the 2nd or 3rd line, perhaps with Eller and Moen.

If it was to be a really cheap deal then perhaps but even with the Wild he was the epitome of laziness (such as showing up to camp nowhere near in shape). That's what the Habs are trying to weed out right now, not add more of.

Also, it's worth noting that despite the injury concerns, I don't believe he qualifies for a 1 year deal with bonuses as he has not played 400 games (the minimum to qualify).

If it was to be a really cheap deal then perhaps but even with the Wild he was the epitome of laziness (such as showing up to camp nowhere near in shape). That's what the Habs are trying to weed out right now, not add more of.

Also, it's worth noting that despite the injury concerns, I don't believe he qualifies for a 1 year deal with bonuses as he has not played 400 games (the minimum to qualify).

A coach like Therrien could be just what he needs. I think he's worth a gamble.

I'd take that risk. He has matured, i believe someone said he apologized for the way he had been here and said he'd come back if they called.

100%. People forget that, for all his immaturity when he played here, he was still a valuable contributor as a third-liner. There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't get him back as long as his salary demands make sense. This could be a chance to acquire a player as he enters his 'mature' phase rather than feed such players to others. He's big, he's strong, he's got some offensive upside, and he also helps to abate the demands of the slavering French media while promising a modest enhancement to the team. Go for it.

I think he'd be great at the right price. He can play on any of the top 3 lines and from memory he was scoring at a good pace in Minnesota before he got hurt.

(null)

I've never seen a more unanimous thread on this forum haha

Minimal risk, potential for high reward...what's not to like?

Interesting the love for Latendress, can't say I disagree. Since the topic or theme seems to be retreads , how about AK with the same line of work?

I don't know if love is the right word, but if he could be have for cheap, and played well, maybe a strong like. As for AK, why not, except that given the shallow free agent pool for offensive forwards (don't they say that every year?), someone might over pay for him, I think.

Interesting the love for Latendress, can't say I disagree. Since the topic or theme seems to be retreads , how about AK with the same line of work?

Kostitsyn is not going to sign in Montreal to be a third line forward. Him and his agent believe him to be otherwise and he'll want to be used as such. He'll goto a team where he expects top six minutes.

Plus it's such a lovely feeling to be rid of the Kostitsyns.

Since we're advocating for Latendresse how bout good ol' Tom Kostopoulos?

Sure as hell would appease the Greek population of Montreal..

hahahahahahahaha

Yes, despite his ludicrous Nashivlle escapades, AK will still likely score a big payday from some dumbass GM. Not worth it.

As for Tom the Bomb, how old is he? I worry about guys like that breaking down after a certain point in their careers. I will say that we never should have let him go in the first place, though - a move that reflected an erroneous assumption that bottom-line forwards are simply interchangeable parts in a cap system. Look at the Devils and tell me the bottom-6 is not key. You find a guy like Tom the Bomb, you keep him around. But it may be spilled milk at this point.

Latendresse would be good for the Montreal economy. Think of all the Poutine that Belle Pro will sell.

:thumbs_up:

It looks like Latendresse, who claims his concussion issues are behind him, will not be qualified by Minnesota. Think he'd be an interesting UFA for habs to look at? He could probably be had for cheap, and would be a good for on the 2nd or 3rd line, perhaps with Eller and Moen.

wouldnt touch with ten foot pole, nor Radulov.

I wouldn't mind Lats back at a decent price. Bourque - Eller - Latendresse would be a big-body 3rd line that could produce offensively.

Bourque and Lats on the same line... wonder if they'd fight over who'd be laziest, hopefully Eller wouldn't be corrupted!

100%. People forget that, for all his immaturity when he played here, he was still a valuable contributor as a third-liner. There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't get him back as long as his salary demands make sense. This could be a chance to acquire a player as he enters his 'mature' phase rather than feed such players to others. He's big, he's strong, he's got some offensive upside, and he also helps to abate the demands of the slavering French media while promising a modest enhancement to the team. Go for it.

Ugh, yep.

If that's the case then by all means yes. The guy can score and can hit hard when relied upon. Definitely worth the gamble.