UFA Day discussion thread

dlbalr

Interesting comments on Lats.. basically, nice skill, but never put the work into his conditioning to take it to the next level.

Armstrong might surprise if he is healthy again.

Even if molson was willing, Parise wouldn't come to Montreal, given he can pick where he wants to go and still get his money. This isn't Cole who had no other options.

Holy crap :shocked: Much as I'd love to have Parise, I couldn't blame Molson from saying 'non merci' to that.

I would have taken Lats over a leafs reject any day.

Lats to Ottawa.. so we took Armstrong instead of Lats... maybe the Habs didn't want Lats

This smells like over crowding to me. I wonder if this is preemptive to something else.

Prust too.. doesn't show up on the TSN tracker but he is listed in the article. If we add Jagr, there must be a trade in the works or we have too many bodies kicking around.

Let's remember that we can always ship excess players out of town as the summer drags on. Also, keep in mind that good teams tend to have a surplus of quality players. Yes, too many black aces can be bad for team morale, but you always want to have vigorous internal competition. 'Too many bodies' is the least of our worries, especially on a crap team like ours.

Yes, i think they actually need a RW for Pleks. Gionta and Pleks were oil and water.

Moen Eller Gionta

Bourque Pleks Jagr

With the other additions to the 4th line and the top line intact the team is much more solid and doesn't need to call up young players who aren't ready.

The D is another story

Jagr might be the only way to improve the top six. I don't see a top center we can get and we are light up front in the talent department. This assumes he will have a decent year with Pleks. He can sure rag the puck wearing down the D.

:thumbs_up:

But I won't get excited until I see #68 in red and white.

112233-yannick-weber.jpg

Still excited? :)

Also, Sami Salo to Tampa, 2 years and $7.5 million, Jay McClement to Toronto, 2 years, $3 M total. Good deal for Toronto.

Hell yeah!!!! I'd rather spend $3.5m over 3 years for Allen then $2.5m over 4 for prust + Bouillon

I expect complaining to come after this post...