Francis Bouillon discussion

dlbalr

:lol: Even in Montreal, there's only so much to jaw about when it comes to a bottom-pairing defenceman on affordable short-term deal.

But IS it affordable?

... oh wait, yes. Yes it is. *ruffles through notes* yes, well... I'll find something, give me a minute.

• 8 months later...

Another day of celebration on l'Antichambre.

Good move, though. I was expecting they'd keep him around, he's a great 6th or 7th defenseman, and this allows for an easier transition period for Tinordi.

Maybe he'll become superfluous if everyone's healthy and progressing, but that's a nice problem to have.

Reasonable moves from MB. I like the extension, he's never going to win the Norris, but we can't haev injuries and have another Chris Campoli in the lineup. I see him being a 7th once Diaz gets healthy.

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban

Diaz-Tinordi

Any thoughts on picking up Komisarek on waivers?

Reasonable moves from MB. I like the extension, he's never going to win the Norris, but we can't haev injuries and have another Chris Campoli in the lineup. I see him being a 7th once Diaz gets healthy.

Markov-Emelin

Gorges-Subban

Diaz-Tinordi

Any thoughts on picking up Komisarek on waivers?

I don't hate Komisarek, but the 2000s Habs reunion show would be in full force if that happened. At 31yo and 4.5M though, no thanks.

Good move by Bergevin. Frankie Boo is a solid d-man and will help with Tinordi.

"Any thoughts on picking up Komisarek on waivers?"

I loved Komisarek when he was with the Habs. Broke my heart when he left for Toronto. As much as I'd like to see him back with the Habs, I don't think it's a good idea. 4.5 million$ is too much and we don't really need him.

Love this deal. I see him as a number 5/6 guy, not just injury fill in. He is underrated in my opinion. He is very tough to play against and is highly dependable. The money is good too.

As for Komo, I wouldn't take him to carry equipment. He stinks of loser.

I was hoping he'd take a bit of a decrease since his role will likely be a bit lesser next season but that's not terrible money for a depth defenceman.

Yes and considering how he was treated last time around (asked to play in the playoffs while injured, then discarded in the Summer), it's well owed and deserved.