Habs vs. Sens, Jan. 16 7:30 pm

Neech

phew! nice steal..

PK for the win!

I'm looking forward to the trade deadline... let the speculation begin.

GO HABS GO!

Totally agree Trizzak, Bag skate is in order.

What a miracle that was. Ottawa let's off the throttle in third, Pleks gets a lucky one Subban makes a great play to win it.

That goodness Price was on Fire even though he gave up 4.

Stat du jour: The Habs have the best record in the division over the past 25 games.

Red Wings lose which means the Sens just jumped them by a point.

Montreal only one point behind Boston. Tampa in a shootout right now so they are two points ahead, maybe three.

Seriously the division is a trashfire and Montreal can unquestionably take advantage of that. They just need a shakeup. Third period proved with their heads in the game they can accomplish anything.

About Price never stealing a game? This was grand larceny. At the end of the 2nd I gave the Habs about as much of a chance of winning this game as they have of winning the cup this year. Hey could it happen?

2 pathetic periods 1 all star goalie couple of lucky goals and we get 2 points. for everything else there are drugs, beer, and rock and roll.

• Upvote 1

Bahahaha! The kind of game that leaves a smile on your face after so much swearing at the TV. I had a good feeling once they tied it up - it was just that sort of crazy game.

I loved Subban's celebration. Hab for LIFE!

And it was awesome for Carey to get to skate of with a W after standing on his head like that. I can't remember the last time I saw a goalie, let alone OUR goalie, make THAT many ridiculous saves. The Sens could have had double digits on us! Also great to see Gallagher have such a strong game again.

No offense but they had 5 shots in the 3rd period, got a gift goal and scored in overtime. There heads didn't seem any more into the game then the first 2 periods.

But I do agree that a move or 2 could give this team a wakeup call and stay at the top of there conference. Then again, they probably will have another no show Saturday. Hard to tell with these guys.

• Upvote 1

If there's one thing I'd love to do as a contribution to Habs fans across the world it's convince them that Tomas Plekanec is a goal scorer.

In 07-08 everyone was raving about Andrei Kostitsyn and how he could become the next Kovalev (sound familiar? You know how people keep acting like Eller is just going to magically become Plekanec one day?) with his 26 goals but they ignored Plekanec that very same year potting in 29.

Having five straight 20 of more goal seasons Plek only put up 17 in 2011-2012. At game 48 he already has 16. Plekanec has been one of our best goal scorers for the last several years and it's finally time he get due. He ain't that far from Pacioretty, who is unquestionably our top goal scorer. Plek can get it into the net. He may not get it in every time you want but he has a goal scorers touch.

You don't trade that man.

Nice to see our boys pick up the two points, however this was a disgusting performance by most of the team. Thank the hockey gods that Carey was on fire tonight. I counted at least 20 to 22 excellent scoring chances for the Hens and Carey stopped most of them, including at least 4 incredible glove saves and a few other pad saves that were out of this world.

I seriously hope The coach will give them a hard workout tomorrow. They better not be celebrating in the dressing room tonight, they should all go thank Carey.

By the way, how many times is it now this year that we lose a 3 goal lead?? 3 or 4 times at least. That is unacceptable!

If there's one thing I'd love to do as a contribution to Habs fans across the world it's convince them that Tomas Plekanec is a goal scorer.

In 07-08 everyone was raving about Andrei Kostitsyn and how he could become the next Kovalev (sound familiar? You know how people keep acting like Eller is just going to magically become Plekanec one day?) with his 26 goals but they ignored Plekanec that very same year potting in 29.

Having five straight 20 of more goal seasons Plek only put up 17 in 2011-2012. At game 48 he already has 16. Plekanec has been one of our best goal scorers for the last several years and it's finally time he get due. He ain't that far from Pacioretty, who is unquestionably our top goal scorer. Plek can get it into the net. He may not get it in every time you want but he has a goal scorers touch.

Agreed, however I don't think Plex can be considered a true goal scorer. He can score between 20 and 30 goals a season, but I don't think he's a 35-40 goal scorer.

With the chances he creates by working his tail off, if had MaxPac's shot or kovy's touch he'd be a 40 goal man

Nice to see our boys pick up the two points, however this was a disgusting performance by most of the team. Thank the hockey gods that Carey was on fire tonight. I counted at least 20 to 22 excellent scoring chances for the Hens and Carey stopped most of them, including at least 4 incredible glove saves and a few other pad saves that were out of this world.

I seriously hope The coach will give them a hard workout tomorrow. They better not be celebrating in the dressing room tonight, they should all go thank Carey.

By the way, how many times is it now this year that we lose a 3 goal lead?? 3 or 4 times at least. That is unacceptable!

Agreed, however I don't think Plex can be considered a true goal scorer. He can score between 20 and 30 goals a season, but I don't think he's a 35-40 goal scorer.

I was swearing watching most if the third period in the dentists office, but couldn't cheer when they tied it and won it, since I was while watching while sitting in the dentists chair getting a couple if fillings replaced.

As nice as it was to get the points and beat the hens, thus team needs a shake up and lose some dead weight!!

Bahahaha! The kind of game that leaves a smile on your face after so much swearing at the TV. I had a good feeling once they tied it up - it was just that sort of crazy game.

I loved Subban's celebration. Hab for LIFE!

And it was awesome for Carey to get to skate of with a W after standing on his head like that. I can't remember the last time I saw a goalie, let alone OUR goalie, make THAT many ridiculous saves. The Sens could have had double digits on us! Also great to see Gallagher have such a strong game again.

• Upvote 1

Gotta agree , the guy's a wonder. What a solid player, such a complete game. Good post.

With the chances he creates by working his tail off, if had MaxPac's shot or kovy's touch he'd be a 40 goal man

There's no doubt in my mind that Plex is the most complete player on our team. He's one of the hardest workers as well...however, like you mentioned he doesn't have Max's shot or Kovy's touch. I still like the guy and think it was an excellent idea to sign him to a long term deal!

Agreed. I actually thought they should have signed him earlier then they did and for a longer term.

Gionta made a nice pass tonight for the tying breakaway goal, but I really wish he'd get better linemates.

There's no doubt in my mind that Plex is the most complete player on our team. He's one of the hardest workers as well...however, like you mentioned he doesn't have Max's shot or Kovy's touch. I still like the guy and think it was an excellent idea to sign him to a long term deal!

Not only am I happy that they stole it, because I would have been mouthed at to no end by the Sens fans I'm surrounded by....but I'm thrilled that it was Price putting on a goaltending clinic and PK notching the game winner so their numerous haters have to choke on it.

The thought of Plekanec's work ethic in Kovy's body gives me goosebumps...that would be one scary hockey player....a nightmare to try and defend against.

I am going to the game on Saturday with JLP Slacker. I really hope they don't give this kind of effort for my first Habs game in 18 years.

JLP's still alive ?

Guest Stogey24

Great win by the boys! There was a lot of blown coverage by the D in that game though. I'm still waiting on M.B to shake things up before the Olympic break.

The D coverage was only as bad as the forward's defensive play, too much distance between them and their check, and them and our D..... too many players looked like Bourque last night.