Mar. 18, Avs vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Interesting that with Vanek, they are finally working the low play to yen slot...and are rewarded.

They couldn't make that play before. Who would have been where Vanek was AND even if they were, been able to get a shot away like that?

great to see Vanek pot two tonight - with a chance for more with another PP!

As an aside, i was listening to NHL radio today and they had Esposito on. He really shouldn't bother commenting on teams anymore - as he has no idea what's going on anymore. He was saying how even though he hasn't scored any goals yet, he already is montreal's highest goal scorer. So Phil, what about this guy named Maxpac… He is still playing after your former team the Bruins tried to decapitate him.

and the hatter by Vanek! Did I call that or what!

And i was for trading Markov and giving up. Never had a single thought that we could land a player like Vanek.

If Therrien can stop with all foolish ideas this team is skilled enough to make for a fun playoff run.

Guest Stogey24

I was hoping Vanek could get a 4 into the empty net.

Did anyone even through a single hat on the ice?

They should have made it rain with hats

Probably picked them all up during the commercial break!?!?!

Huge win for the Habs against one of the powerhouse teams from the West. These last three wins will do wonders for our team confidence, and seeing Vanek score three is the icing on the cake!

Just watch Vanek go for the rest of the season, it'll be impressive!

Awesome game from the fourth line. We finally had two scoring lines - the first and the fourth.

Vanek is just what the doctor ordered for this team. Each of his goals were scored around the net, and the second and third in particular showed some nifty skill. He also is instrumental in helping his line gain and maintain puck control.

Just watched the Vanek interview in the dressing room, and of course, some reporter asked Vanek how he felt when the 21000+ fans started chanting his name.

Vanek was polite and said he had chills!

Then some idiot reporter asks him if this will make him stay in Montreal at the end of the season. I swear, sometimes reporters can be such idiots!

Then some idiot reporter asks him if this will make him stay in Montreal at the end of the season. I swear, sometimes reporters can be such idiots!

Reminds me of a middle school camping trip when some girl asked my buddy to hop into the top bunk with her. His response:

"Really? Really?!?!?!?!"

Her-"NO."

I was hoping Vanek could get a 4 into the empty net.

Did anyone even through a single hat on the ice?

Yes. I did see one hat.. ;-) :clap:

It is so refreshing to see a player who has an eye to shoot and take it to the net; when he has the puck. He is fun to watch.

Here's hoping that big V has more in his bag of tricks, to bring it; for the the final dozen games this regular season.

Go Habs Go! :halm: