Jan. 19 Bruins vs Habs

Neech

This team needs a serious shakeup. MT is not the problem, and big trades are easier said than done...and our GM is an incapable idiot anyways in that regard. The only thing left that might do it: strip Pacioretty of the C. He takes far too many nights off, and to take tonight off with the life-or-death nature of the game is inexcusable. It's time to do something...can't just keep on with this same old garbage.

I want to puke.

It'a now I see that I think Pacioretty only looks right as captain when things are going well for the team. When I think of who's in that dressing room, getting the guys going, I think of subban, first. But it got me thinking; Does price go to the dressing room between periods?

Price is the real captain, and as massive of an impact he has ON the ice, I feel as though the team is suffering even more if he isn't in the room, acting as that stable presence.

Does anyone know if Price is still in the room?

This team is makin me feel disconnected. Everything feels futile, like I can't hardly be mad. Out shoots the opponent almost every night, and still finds some way to lose. Didnt we start this year 20-5? Is this actually just bad luck? Why is it that we have about a 5% shooting percentage and the opposition is shooting above 10? I'm just so dumbfounded by this team.

20-5... You would have been called insane if you told someone we'd be 23-20-4 before February.

The New York Rangers put in a waiver claim at the same time we did on Byron. We must keep him for the year, or offer him to the Rangers for free.

It's not a matter of offering him up to NYR specifically. He just has to go back on waivers and claiming priority is based on the standings at that time; if the Rangers were to want him, he'd have to get through to them. (I hadn't heard that the Rangers had claimed him either...) But it's all moot as I highly doubt Byron hits waivers any time soon.

So you're in the 'tanking is good' movement?

For tonight... but I'm also in the very angry and might not be thinking straight movement.

It's not a matter of offering him up to NYR specifically. He just has to go back on waivers and claiming priority is based on the standings at that time; if the Rangers were to want him, he'd have to get through to them. (I hadn't heard that the Rangers had claimed him either...) But it's all moot as I highly doubt Byron hits waivers any time soon.

Actually if you want to trade a player you claimed on waivers, you only have to offer him to his original team and anyone else who put waiver claims on the same day as you. You don't have to offer him to the whole league by standings (or at least that was the 2005 CBA). I remember in 2009 or 2010 we claimed a Dman, then we wanted to trade him and had to offer him to San Jose first.

Just bag skate them the next 3 days.

Do worse than that, make them run, inside a university gym till they fall down, won't take that long. Just run the piss out of them, hockey players hate to run, oh yeah and in full gear no skates.

Here's a different question: is there a problem in the dressing room? A lot of times, when a team collapses like this, that's what's going on.

In 1992, a first-overall Habs team ended up slithering down the standings and crapping out in the playoffs. Huge problems in the room, ad Savard cleaned house that summer.

In 2008, almost the same thing happened. Huge problems of leadership and character, a backlash against Carbo, and when things started sliding all those players who were on expiring contracts just said 'I'm outta here' rather than buckling down and committing. Gainey cleaned house that summer.

In 2013, the team was wildly disfunctional all down the system, with Gauthier alienating everyone and Cammy leading a revolt versus Martin. When Cunneyworth showed up as 'interim coach,' the whole team checked out.

This season looks very, very similar to that, except that I don't think that the coach is facing a revolt in the way that Burns (1992), Carbo (2008), and Martin (2013) were.

I haven't heard many rumours about dressing-room disfunction, other than some speculation on HNIC a couple of weeks ago when they discussed the Galchenyuk 'scandal.' It's slightly hard not to wonder whether the Pacioretty captaincy might have disrupted the 'leadership core.' Maybe with Price's absence, the alpha male is gone from the pack and chaos has ensued in the team culture?

I don't know, I'm just wondering.

Has anyone heard anything?

Sloppy sloppy play and if Markov wasn't drunk, doped up, sick or injured I don't know how to explain his pee-wee type gaffs and actually many Habs were coughing up puck left right and centre. I thought it would help having Beaulieu banished from the ice and stapled to bench (not sure if he or Markov were more shaky out there?) but want him to be healthy for trading at least.

...Pelly played hard and created some chances, but he has the puck skills of a Doug Murray and Carr would look much better out there.

39-24 in shots seems a meaningless stat for this team.

Markov played last night like he knew Therrien could get fired if we lose. He seriously looked like he was throwing the game. There was a pass he fumbled in the offensive zone that was clean to the ice on replay. If we find out in a year there's a betting scandal on that game, Markov was probably involved.

Guest Stogey24

Markov played last night like he knew Therrien could get fired if we lose. He seriously looked like he was throwing the game. There was a pass he fumbled in the offensive zone that was clean to the ice on replay. If we find out in a year there's a betting scandal on that game, Markov was probably involved.

This is exactly what he looked like in the playoffs last year.

I honestly think someone has referenced this before, buts it's like the Space Jam movie, when all the talent gets sucked from a player.

Thought same thing, re tossing game, but maybe he has a broken rib, is concussed or some other logical explanation? He made pass to Talbot, screened Condon and tipped the shot. Condon must of been pissed after making save on Marchand!

Or we maybe shouldn't put a 37 year old on our top pair for the last 4 games, played in 6 nights and with travel in between. The fact we haven't reduced his minutes, but instead ramped them up for this 4 game sequence is reason to say WTF to both Bergevin and Therrein.

Also Beaulieu wasn't banished from the ice. He was hurt.

A great hockey player, at the end of the line.

exactly, I for one am not about to let his play on his last legs cloud my view of the pure brilliance he put on the ice for well over 10 years here.

the guy needs to be treated with tremendous respect by this entire fanbase, he stuck with us through the dark years and beyond when not many others would.

He merely needs to be managed.

We can't play him 25 minutes a night (in a 4 in 6 nights scenario) and expect him to have anything in the tank for the fourth game.

I don't even think he's completely done. I just think he can't be on our first pair anymore.

• Upvote 1

I brought up the high minutes he got a few games ago and was shot down that his minutes are down this year, despite him playing around 28 minutes that game.

At his age, he should be limited to around 20 minutes.

Or we maybe shouldn't put a 37 year old on our top pair for the last 4 games, played in 6 nights and with travel in between. The fact we haven't reduced his minutes, but instead ramped them up for this 4 game sequence is reason to say WTF to both Bergevin and Therrein.

Also Beaulieu wasn't banished from the ice. He was hurt.

I brought up the high minutes he got a few games ago and was shot down that his minutes are down this year, despite him playing around 28 minutes that game.

Because they are down. He played around 28 minutes that game. His season average was, and still is, considerably below that.

Because they are down. He played around 28 minutes that game. His season average was, and still is, considerably below that.

I don't mind where his season average is... but we saw him play big minutes in the three games preceeding last night's disaster. I think that had an effect.

I don't mind where his season average is... but we saw him play big minutes in the three games preceeding last night's disaster. I think that had an effect.

I'm sure it didn't help things at the very least. I wonder if Emelin will be next to get a shot up there. He's playing well right now, perhaps they try to take advantage of that. That way Markov could at least drop back down with Petry.

Are his braincramps happening too often simply because he is tired? Playing through a minor injury might be part of the issue?

Considering two other d-men have played through injuries already this year, it's certainly a possibility.

The crazy minutes for Markov are probably a result of Beaulieu's struggles and subsequent injury. But ultimately you're better giving some of those minutes to (gulp) Barberio and even Emelin rather than burning out old #79. Just my two cents.

One possible benefit of the booing, etc., is that it might make Markov more willing to waive his NTC at the deadline. That said, it is a disgrace that fans would ever boo one of the greatest Habs of his (admittedly wretched) generation.