Vancouver Canucks vs. Montreal Canadiens | November 2nd, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

22 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

i really like what i'm seeing so far from Pateryn. He's developed into a solid d-man!

He was better in the second but I thought he had a particularly rough first period.  (Mind you, pretty much all of the defencemen had a particularly rough first period...)

It was nice to see them find their skating legs eventually.  It took 30 minutes longer than they should have but they look awake now.

28 minutes ago, Chris said:

Mitchell has more goals then the other 3 centers combined. over 10 mill on those 3 guys.

They need to move Radulov back to the RW, put Shaw on the LW with Gally.

Raduov impresses the hell out of me. Whew... he's so talented.. 

We've really mailed this one in, but thanks to Carey and Vancouver's ineptitude it's another couple of points. 

Poor, poor Vancouver.  Maybe they'll get a nice haul of picks and prospects if they deal both Sedins in tandem at next year's deadline.

i do feel a little guilty, but that's how it goes sometimes! There will be nights where we will dominate the other team, but we'll end up with the loss. So i'll take the two points and look forward to Friday's game.

Nice to see Gally and Chucky pick up 2 points each! Great to see MItchell score a beauty!! and what can I say about Carey... MVP! MVP! MVP!!!

By the way, this is the best start to a season in Habs history! 19 points out of 20. Not too bad!

The Carey Price effect was evident in this game: he routinely gives this team a chance to sleepwalk through the first half of the game and still be tied 0-0.  I hope Therrien puts a boot to their asses at practice tomorrow and has them sharp and ready to play the next one.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Petry looked like shit. I'm hoping he's not hurt again. Couldn't make a pass to save his life

Nice to see Beaulieu get one. He was struggling too. Hopefully he gets a little bit of confidence from that. 

Plekanec needs to get going. He usually has strong starts, which is basically the reason his point totals were what they were last season. 

No goals in 10 games and 1 even strength point isn't going to cut it for this teams highest paid forward. Maybe him and Max should be reunited

The Leafs arguably outplayed years Habs as well. To me, this team has the classic look of a team at the tail end of a winning streak - winning games they don't deserve. This is usually followed by a bit of a skid as bad habits start catching up.

The big guns have to start outscoring the 4th line. But the good news is that this shows some depth; unlike POS teams like Van, the Habs can ride out cold streaks from key guys and still win.

While the team didn't play great I think the stats in this game don't paint the whole picture.

Vancouver didn't have a lot of high danger scoring chances. They were begging for a goal and just throwing it on net. You are never going to beat a guy like Price that way. He's the best

• Upvote 1

Torrey for Forty! LOL man, 55% shooting rate. Not sure how much longer that opportunism is gonna keep going.

I think with playing against Price, as mentioned by other posters and pundits alike, is getting into the heads of other teams - kind of like the Devils and Brodeur in his heyday. When you played Jersey back then, you knew you had to break your back to get through the trap and get goals on him. Opposing scores just seem to have zero confidence that they are going to beat Price - and it shows.

9 minutes ago, mineral said:

Torrey for Forty! LOL man, 55% shooting rate. Not sure how much longer that opportunism is gonna keep going.

He said he wants to cut back on shooting the puck so he doesn't ruin his percentage. 

Heh.

Hey, speaking of shooting percentage, with Radulov's awarded goal, does it also count as a shot on net? That seems like a good way to boost your shooting percentage -- score without shooting.

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

9-0-1

Definitely need to put boots to em... Bag skate em all... this is unacceptable. 

Not bag skate...but a very up-tempo practice that focuses on hard work and execution...grind them just enough to get their edge back, because they were about as sharp as a butter knife for the first 30min of that game.  You don't get away with that in this league too often...don't want it to be a trend.  Two games on cruise control is enough.  As great as this team has been at times, and as lofty a record as they are sporting, they can be even better.

They played like shit.

Over 82 games, every team has bad games.

It happens, luckily we won one of our really bad games.

Overall the team is playing well.

And you want to do a really up tempo practice in the middle of a stretch where they are playing 3 games in 4 days???  Somehow I don't see this being a great idea for the next two nights. 

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

And you want to do a really up tempo practice in the middle of a stretch where they are playing 3 games in 4 days???  Somehow I don't see this being a great idea for the next two nights. 

Revised plan: mandatory Starbucks coffee prior to the start of the next game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Revised plan: mandatory Starbucks coffee prior to the start of the next game.

Come on be a Canadian Tim Horton's has the most caffeine of them all

On 2016-11-03 at 8:53 PM, habs rule said:

Come on be a Canadian Tim Horton's has the most caffeine of them all

I can't bring myself to drink Tim Horton's substandard coffee.  As for the caffeine content, Starbucks doubles Tim's...it's not even close.

• Upvote 1