Jump to content

Apr. 3rd, Senators vs. Canadiens - 19h00 EDT


Recommended Posts

:habslogo: Let's keep the winning streak going :habslogo:

 

Ottawa Senators Brady Tkachuk GIF - OttawaSenators BradyTkachuk Angry GIFs

Montreal Canadiens NHL Fans GIF by NHL - Find & Share on GIPHY

Tkachuk - Norris - Paul

Stutzle - Tierney - Batherson

Dzingel - Bishop - Brown

Formenton - Anisimov - Dadonov


Chabot - Zaitsev

Reilly - Zub

Coburn - Gudbranson


Gustavsson / (Forsberg)

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli

Perry - Suzuki - Anderson

Byron - Evans - Lehkonen

 

Kulak - Petry

Edmundson - Weber

Mete - Romanov 

 

Price / (Allen)

 

I'll check line-ups closer to game time, order of lines are my best guess based on how well KK has played recently and having his line start games

 

Starting line-pair in bold

Edited by alfredoh2009
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • alfredoh2009 changed the title to Apr. 3rd, Senators vs. Canadiens - 19h00 EDT
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weber has clearly declined, and significantly in the defensive end of the ice.    The xGA stats show this.   The shots he is giving up are coming from high danger areas more and more. 

Let's keep the winning streak going   Tkachuk - Norris - Paul Stutzle - Tierney - Batherson Dzingel - Bishop - Bro

Ahhhh, ok. Didn't see the speculation emoji...  

Posted Images

Top Habs, Toffoli & Petry are tied for 60th in NHL scoring.

Can the Habs win a cup with depth, or will they need to get (or develop) an elite forward before that ever happens?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DON said:

Top Habs, Toffoli & Petry are tied for 60th in NHL scoring.

Can the Habs win a cup with depth, or will they need to get (or develop) an elite forward before that ever happens?

Most recent Stanley Cup Champions (TBL, Caps, Hawks, Pens) have at least one elite forward; but there are exceptions

- Blues won in 18-19 with O'Reilly 49th in regular season PPG ... and Billington at .914 Sv% in the playoffs

- Kings won in 11-12 with Kopitar 30th in PPG ... and Quick with .946 Sv%

- Bruins won in 10-11 with Krejci 50th in PPG ... and Tim Thomas with a .940 Sv%

 

Toffoli is 39th in PPG ... so there would seem to be a chance ... especially if Price can be what we hope Price can be

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Most recent Stanley Cup Champions (TBL, Caps, Hawks, Pens) have at least one elite forward; but there are exceptions

- Blues won in 18-19 with O'Reilly 49th in regular season PPG ... and Billington at .914 Sv% in the playoffs

- Kings won in 11-12 with Kopitar 30th in PPG ... and Quick with .946 Sv%

- Bruins won in 10-11 with Krejci 50th in PPG ... and Tim Thomas with a .940 Sv%

 

Toffoli is 39th in PPG ... so there would seem to be a chance ... especially if Price can be what we hope Price can be

 

 

 

 

what's that none sense about winning the Stanley Cup this year? Habs are not contenders yet! Just a streaky team just coming into its own.

 

Once the roster is set after the trade deadline, we will have a better idea; but I don't want to jinx them by talking about the cup too prematurely. Habs are missing an elite LD and the'll need healthy Toffoli, Gallagher and Petry to get through the first two rounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

 

what's that none sense about winning the Stanley Cup this year? Habs are not contenders yet! Just a streaky team just coming into its own.

 

Once the roster is set after the trade deadline, we will have a better idea; but I don't want to jinx them by talking about the cup too prematurely. Habs are missing an elite LD and the'll need healthy Toffoli, Gallagher and Petry to get through the first two rounds.

Speculation, not prediction or expectation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Most recent Stanley Cup Champions (TBL, Caps, Hawks, Pens) have at least one elite forward; but there are exceptions

- Blues won in 18-19 with O'Reilly 49th in regular season PPG ... and Billington at .914 Sv% in the playoffs

- Kings won in 11-12 with Kopitar 30th in PPG ... and Quick with .946 Sv%

- Bruins won in 10-11 with Krejci 50th in PPG ... and Tim Thomas with a .940 Sv%

 

Toffoli is 39th in PPG ... so there would seem to be a chance ... especially if Price can be what we hope Price can be

 

 

 

The issue is we don’t even have a Kopitar or O’Reilly.  I hope that Suzuki, or KK can be those type of players, but they aren’t there yet. Danault definitely isn’t in the same class, but at least he has been a LOT better lately.  Our strength is the depth on wing and I think that depth can overcome the lack of top PPG players.

 

Issue is the D. Petry has been very good, but is not Doughty or Peitrangelo good and Weber is clearly showing age and decline - not quite the Seabrook cliff drop (who IMO was a good top pairing D, but Keith made him look better than he was), but he is no longer the best Dman on the team.  I really hope we pick up a top LD, but it’s going to cost more than a Byron, Armia or Lekhonan. Unfortunately, I don’t think that Ekholm is still available now.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Speculation, not prediction or expectation.

 

Ahhhh, ok. Didn't see the speculation emoji... ;)

 

image.png

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

 

 


I heard on the radio that Toffoli is a game time decision

 

Ill update the lines closer to the start of the game 

 

Go Habs Go!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Interesting top 3 lines. Anticipation for Staal at 4th line centre is real.

 

I could see him slot in perrys spot and perry drop to the 4th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

I could see him slot in perrys spot and perry drop to the 4th.

I heard Evans had a great game Thursday night.  If he keeps playing well, do you really sit him?  Or do you sit someone like Byron and have both Evans and Staal play by having 2 C's on the 4th line?

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I heard Evans had a great game Thursday night.  If he keeps playing well, do you really sit him?  Or do you sit someone like Byron and have both Evans and Staal play by having 2 C's on the 4th line?

 

If Staal slots in for Perry...

Perry bumps one of Byron/Lehkonen

 

and you keep Evans as fourth line C.

 

The Suzuki line would be the one with 2 Cs.  and because Staal is LH and Suzuki RH, they can flip on faceoffs to literally always take draws on their strong side.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 3:30 PM, Commandant said:

I'm fine with Toffoli sitting until healthy. 

Don't rush him back. 

 

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I heard on the radio that Toffoli is a game time decision...

 

If he is truly a game time decision then personally I would sit him for another game ... wait until you know that, barring something unexpected, he can play

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tatar looking to make it a 6 game point streak. :1gohabs:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Darn it! Updating the lineup from the phone sucks. I’ll fix it before puck drop to keep the streak going 

Edited by alfredoh2009
Fixed
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope to see the boys in attack mode again tonight; aggressive forecheck, score more than 3 goals.  It's about time we use the Sens the way some of our rivals have this season: as a stats-padding springboard to a winning streak.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunate way to star with  goal against in a Sens power play 

only one on the double minor 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...