Habs-Leafs Series Discussion Thread

dlbalr

I’m hoping game 6 tickets don’t mainly go to corporate exec, highest bidder, sit on your hands ala Maple Leafs style people. 

I want those 2500 to be raucous and engaged! Make a difference in the outcome and show our newest Habs what it’s like to play in Montreal during the playoffs!

Oh well, luckily BChydro has a planned power outage all tomorrow, so not sure if I will see much or any of game. Dont hold out same hope of a win in that one as had for yesterday; but, hopefully home cooking and crowd will help inspire them.

If Evans plays does KK sit again? Does Staal sit?

So Romanov sucks? He can skate, pass, shoot, carry the puck, and lay out 100% legal hits that make knees wobble. 

Gustofsson and Merrill hardly played last night and didn’t even have their own pairing. They filled in when a rest was needed or on the PP. 

What kind of Dman are you looking for Ducharme? 

Molson doesn't even understand the most basic Covid rules ... and we expect him to run a hockey team?

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

So Romanov sucks? He can skate, pass, shoot, carry the puck, and lay out 100% legal hits that make knees wobble. 

Gustofsson and Merrill hardly played last night and didn’t even have their own pairing. They filled in when a rest was needed or on the PP. 

So let's get this straight. Bergevin didn't go after a top playmaking LD because Romanov was ready to be that guy. Now he's not that guy??? This is one thing I never liked about Bergevin he puts all his eggs into one basket.  Then when things don't work out he has no answer for them. 

Just now, Habsfan89 said:

So let's get this straight. Bergevin didn't go after a top playmaking LD because Romanov was ready to be that guy. Now he's not that guy??? This is one thing I never liked about Bergevin he puts all his eggs into one basket.  Then when things don't work out he has no answer for them. 

Add in the fact that this mismanagement also cost us Mete and Juulsen along with the modest picks and the sitting of Romanov. 

We are managed by idiots - I don’t know how the Bergevin defenders think this is good management 

17 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

KK has 6 goals in 14 playoff games, NO way he sits. 

21 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

That's a Ducharme decision.

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Wish I was as confident as you ... the number of times DD has said the lineup changes were a "unanimous decision" makes me wonder ... the coach knows his fate is linked to bergevin's future ... if MB goes there is 99.9% chance Ducharme is also gone ... if MB stays there is at least a good chance that DD gets another season ... pretty good reason to listen to your boss.

5 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Doesn't matter if it was or wasn't he should of brought in another playmaking LD just in case Romanov didn't work out.

Didn't have a plan b when he couldn't resign Markov and Radulov 

Didn't have a plan b when he couldn't sign Ryan johansen 

Didn't have a plan b when he couldn't sign tavares 

It's a pattern with Bergevin 

8 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Doesn't matter if it was or wasn't he should of brought in another playmaking LD just in case Romanov didn't work out.

Didn't have a plan b when he couldn't resign Markov and Radulov 

Didn't have a plan b when he couldn't sign Ryan johansen 

Didn't have a plan b when he couldn't sign tavares 

It's a pattern with Bergevin 

Ryan Johansen?  Had 1 big year and has been a disappointment since, was he ever a free agent anyway? 

Tavares didn't want to come here.

MB was actually the guy that brought Radulov over and decided not to be the highest bidder. If you are going to blame MB for things at least be fair.  

If they take KK out I will seriously stop being a fan of this team. He’s been good, he’s young and he’s one of the future pieces of this franchise.

Put Romanov in for Gustaffson or Merrill.. every time the Leafs touch the puck they should feel pain.

10 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Ryan Johansen?  Had 1 big year and has been a disappointment since, was he ever a free agent anyway? 

Tavares didn't want to come here.

MB was actually the guy that brought Radulov over and decided not to be the highest bidder. If you are going to blame MB for things at least be fair.  

My point I'm making is if he loses out on his targeted guy he doesn't have any fall back plan. 

7 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

My point I'm making is if he loses out on his targeted guy he doesn't have any fall back plan. 

I don't think Johansen was ever a targeted guy, was never a free agent I don't think, not a #1 center anyway.  Who was a comparable target to Tavares as a #1 center when he became a free agent?  His back up plan was that he would draft and develop centers and maybe get a young center (ie Suzuki) in a trade.  That back up plan didn't look too bad last night. 

33 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't think he was serious.

Really?   

53 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't think Johansen was ever a targeted guy, was never a free agent I don't think, not a #1 center anyway.  Who was a comparable target to Tavares as a #1 center when he became a free agent?  His back up plan was that he would draft and develop centers and maybe get a young center (ie Suzuki) in a trade.  That back up plan didn't look too bad last night. 

Yes he was it was between us and Nashville and he picked Nashville,

Just like tavares pick Toronto over us 

We went through a retool because he couldn't sign Markov or radulov. He went with the kids in the farm system because he had no plan after Markov/radulov.

He couldn't sign Ryan johansen so he didn't sign anyone and went with the same centers.

He couldn't sign tavares, didn't sign anyone else went with the same centers we had.

Couldn't get a LD so he brings in Romanov talks him up like he's the answer to the PP. Now they won't play him in the  playoffs.  

Price is 10 -0 in the playoffs when given 3 goals or more. You know what that tells me...... We have only scored 3 or more goals in the playoffs threw out his career 10 times. 10 TIMES.  Thats so sad , everyone knows we can't score in the playoffs yet no one knows how to fix it over the last 15 years. 

Put price on a team that can score and he wins a cup.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Yes he was it was between us and Nashville and he picked Nashville,

Just like tavares pick Toronto over us 

We went through a retool because he couldn't sign Markov or radulov. He went with the kids in the farm system because he had no plan after Markov/radulov.

He couldn't sign Ryan johansen so he didn't sign anyone and went with the same centers.

He couldn't sign tavares, didn't sign anyone else went with the same centers we had.

Couldn't get a LD so he brings in Romanov talks him up like he's the answer to the PP. Now they won't play him in the  playoffs.  

Price is 10 -0 in the playoffs when given 3 goals or more. You know what that tells me...... We have only scored 3 or more goals in the playoffs threw out his career 10 times. 10 TIMES.  Thats so sad , everyone knows we can't score in the playoffs yet no one knows how to fix it over the last 15 years. 

Ryan Johansen was traded for Seth Jones.  Maybe you are thinking about Matt Duchesne who also had a terrible year this year. 

I guess it's all MB's fault that Tavares wanted to go back home. Who else was comparable that he could have got?  

8 hours ago, revvvrob said:

I’m hoping game 6 tickets don’t mainly go to corporate exec, highest bidder, sit on your hands ala Maple Leafs style people. 

I want those 2500 to be raucous and engaged! Make a difference in the outcome and show our newest Habs what it’s like to play in Montreal during the playoffs!

You bet. 

And we've now shown that in the playoffs we can raise our game and score on a two on one rush!

Romanov will have some defensive gaffes - I don’t believe any more than Gustafson. But who will give us the open ice hit like he will? Who will give the stretch pass from our own goal line like he will? Who will walk the blue line in the offensive zone like he will? To me, he does things that no one else does and can help the team be less predictable (ie more creative). I believe his upside is greater than his downside - and that’s without even factoring in giving the kid playoff experience which should make it a no-brainer. 

25 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Ryan Johansen was traded for Seth Jones.  Maybe you are thinking about Matt Duchesne who also had a terrible year this year. 

I guess it's all MB's fault that Tavares wanted to go back home. Who else was comparable that he could have got?  

Yeah my bad Duchene