Jump to content

2021 Entry Draft


Trizzak
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

9 picks away from the Habs ... 2 of the top-rated QMJHL players still on the board (Xavier Bourgault and Zachary L'Heureux) ... Quebec media will go nuts if one of them isn't taken if they are still there.

 

Just like when they drafted McDonagh over Angelo Esposito, and when they didn't trade the picks used to take Pacioretty and Subban when Esposito continued to fall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Damn, Bruins get Lysell

 

Ok, I want Corson Ceulemans, RHD, To fall to us now.

same here, that is why I am still folowing this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Ok, give me... 

 

Pure Talent.... LHD Carson Lambos

Positional.... Wingers Nikita Chibrikov or Sasha Pastujov

why do some analyst have Chayka so high? should the Habs pick him?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

why do some analyst have Chayka so high? should the Habs pick him?

 

 

Lefty D, I'd take one of the wingers first... but he's a good two-way D with more offence than his games in Russia show.  He was playing against men in Russia, but in Guelph the year before he had offence against his age group. 

 

The lefty is so not a need and he's not Lambos where he was falling and way better than the wingers. 

 

I'd go Chibrikov or Pastujov here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

Aleksi Heimosalmi (RHD)?

 

I'd like him in the second.   Too high here. 

 

I'd take Aatu Raty though.... He's a hell of a gamble here.  1 year ago he was looking like 1st overall material.  Had a poor season, but I mean this was a weird year with Covid... take him at 30 and hope it was a one off due to the weird year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Always go for BPA, but it would feel a little crazy to get another LHD.

 

When's the last time the Habs picked 30th?  Can't remember much success from around that position lately.  Sold high on Collberg, but not much else.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Timmins can breath ... no Francophone available to be criticized for not taking

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

I'd like him in the second.   Too high here. 

 

I'd take Aatu Raty though.... He's a hell of a gamble here.  1 year ago he was looking like 1st overall material.  Had a poor season, but I mean this was a weird year with Covid... take him at 30 and hope it was a one off due to the weird year.

I am tired of the Habs swinging for the fences with the late 1st 

 

I would like them to take a "safe" pick... specially since I have no clue who they are pciking

 

At this point, I would prefer they trade down 10-15 spots

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, brobin said:

Just joining… who the hell is this panel?

ESPN NHL panel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

I am tired of the Habs swinging for the fences with the late 1st 

 

I would like them to take a "safe" pick... specially since I have no clue who they are pciking

 

At this point, I would prefer they trade down 10-15 spots

 

Took the safe pick last year. Swing for the fences!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am tired of the Habs swinging for the fences with the late 1st 

 

I would like them to take a "safe" pick... specially since I have no clue who they are pciking

 

At this point, I would prefer they trade down 10-15 spots

 

 

Safe is death.

 

Top 6 forwards and top 4 D are very expensive in free agency and trades.... bottom 6/bottom pair not so much.

 

You can sign third liners cheap. 

 

Never take safe in the first round.

 

one 1st liner and 2 busts is worth more than 3 third liners.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

 

Safe is death.

 

Top 6 forwards and top 4 D are very expensive in free agency and trades.... bottom 6/bottom pair not so much.

 

You can sign third liners cheap. 

 

Never take safe in the first round.

 

one 1st liner and 2 busts is worth more than 3 third liners.

fair

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, brobin said:

Just joining… who the hell is this panel?

Shouldn’t have played the Kevin Weekes touch his ear drinking game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...