Game #7 Oct 26 2023 Habs vs Columbus 7pm

DON

42 minutes ago, Neech said:

Slaffy's getting frustrated. I'd love for him to score one tonight in front of the home crowd just to get the monkey off his back.

Lots of empty seats in the crowd. Does anyone use gametime or other last minute ticket-selling apps? I'm wondering if there are any last minute deals on tickets to be found out there.

Ticketmaster sells certified resell tickets, but in Canada (at least Calgary the derives charges are a ripoff - vary be seat).

I’m actually going to Columbas in two weeks (I know tonight’s game isn’t in Columbus). The only game that week is against Dallas.  Mubcoworkers and  I bought seats in the second row just outside of the goal line for $89 USD (certified reseller ticket through Ticketmaster). Service cost was only$12. I bought a standard ticket in the 17th row for the Montreal-Calgary game in March for $240/each. I had wanted to buy closer seats but the realer tickets on ticket master had $135 service charge PER ticket!!! Pretty sure Montreal would be the same type of markup for realer tickets.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, well, if a Hab checks a guy head-first into the boards, putting him at risk of a concussion and possibly even paralysis, I will quite understand the other team whaling on that Hab. I won't like it, but I'll understand it.

None of this would be necessary, though, if the NHL could be trusted to impose stiff sanctions on this kind of behaviour in the first place.

100%

the instigator penalty would be a non-issue, if a hit like the one on wifi was and automatic 5 game suspension for the FIRST offense and increased with each additional infraction/suspension.

15 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Because he's been getting some dirty points lately

Yeah, and it’s not like we have a Cracker Jack power play unit!

-Our D is really maturing on the fly... Kovacevic had another strong, strong game. He elevates everyone he's paired with. I would be very surprised if analytics didn't show this.

-Slav turns the puck over to easily at times. With that size I would demand more.

-don't look now but, Suzuki all of a sudden has 6pts in 7games and caufield is money 3on3... long gone are the days of starting Danault to defend 3on3

The acquisition of Newhook and resigning of Monahan, really stepping up without Dach around to do some heavy lifting.

• Upvote 2

Nicely nicley Caufield. 

28 minutes ago, Neech said:

Cole is Mr. OT.

He sure is.  Cole he set a franchise record with his last OT goal; plus he's the 2nd all time over-all and #1 in the modern era for fastest to 5 OT goals.   The #1 fastest was over 100 years ago in under 100 games, Caufield did it in in under 150.  Cole was faster than OV, Stamkos, Gretzky, Lemieux, Lafleur, Rocket, etc.  That is a crazy awesome stat.  

I was bummed in this game and in previous OT as well that when they have a penalty and are in their own end and regain the puck they dump the puck down ice.  It drives me crazy seeing that because they should never hand the other team the puck in OT.  

The fastest X goals stat isn’t really meaningful since three-on-three overtime has been around less than ten years.

Still, anyone that says we don’t have a skilled winger is not watching the same team.

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Nicely nicley Caufield. 

He sure is.  Cole he set a franchise record with his last OT goal; plus he's the 2nd all time over-all and #1 in the modern era for fastest to 5 OT goals.   The #1 fastest was over 100 years ago in under 100 games, Caufield did it in in under 150.  Cole was faster than OV, Stamkos, Gretzky, Lemieux, Lafleur, Rocket, etc.  That is a crazy awesome stat.  

I was bummed in this game and in previous OT as well that when they have a penalty and are in their own end and regain the puck they dump the puck down ice.  It drives me crazy seeing that because they should never hand the other team the puck in OT.  

Hey I’m stoked about Caufield, but when doing historical comparisons, some context is needed. Most of those other players scored their OT goals in the playoffs - there was no OT in the regular season and it wasn’t 3 on 3 OT.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

The fastest X goals stat isn’t really meaningful since three-on-three overtime has been around less than ten years.

Still, anyone that says we don’t have a skilled winger is not watching the same team.

Agree on both accounts. That said, Instill want more skilled scoring wingers - hopefully Slafkovsky, Roy and Newhook will all be 30G+ and Caufield will be the 50+ goal scorer we have been waiting over 30 years for!

Nice comeback and made the coach very happy.

Caufield (8 shots) is a pretty talanted player and finally Suzuki shoots, with 5 shots.

10 Thoughts Habs Topple Blue Jackets with Comeback Win – HabsWorld.net

28:03 for Matheson and another good game and also reminds me of Petry's defending a bit.

To me, Slafkovski seemed a bit lost and not into the game, but had 2 shots i guess.

'Old' rickety Monahan played the most of the forwards 21:09; love his play so far this year; but seems just a bit much this early in season?

St. Louis Rant Fires Up the Canadiens - The Hockey News Montreal Canadiens News, Analysis, and More

"It was pretty much [Martin St. Louis]. He fired us up, said some things that needed to be said and I love how we responded with the first shift goal. That got us going and from there we played a full 45 after that," Cole Caufield shared his view of the turning point. 

11 hours ago, tomh009 said:

No doubt, Caulfield is simply an elite goal scorer and deadly 3 on 3, I always thought he didn't get enough credit for his passing skills. He is terrific with the puck on his stick whether it's shooting or passing. 

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

No doubt, Caulfield is simply an elite goal scorer and deadly 3 on 3, I always thought he didn't get enough credit for his passing skills. He is terrific with the puck on his stick whether it's shooting or passing. 

He absolutely is an elite scorer but imagine that line if it had another elite winger. 

Maybe Roy is the answer down the road. Still, try Slafkovsky there Marty

2 hours ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Another great effort resulting in 2 points. Am I the only one on the Eiserplan here? He is the winger we need. We need a top 2 pick this year

I am not worrying too much this year about their draft position. I want to see the young kids develop, 100% effort every night and they will end up where they end up. 

On 10/26/2023 at 10:59 PM, tomh009 said:

That's a good point, and I did know that but it's still a cool record.   

However, it should specifically look at the # of 3 on 3 OT games played. It would be super interesting to see a list of who's the fastest to get to 5 goals in the lowest amount of 3 on 3 OT's.  That info would make the accomplishment more relevant - or not; and would Caufield's position change on that list?  I'm not sure where he would be on that list.  How many OT's has Cole been in to get 5 goals?  How many 3 on 3 OT games did it take McDavid, OV, etc?  That's the comparison I'd love to see.

21 hours ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Another great effort resulting in 2 points. Am I the only one on the Eiserplan here? He is the winger we need. We need a top 2 pick this year

I'm with you, we need more actual stars to be a contender at some point. Slaf and Reinbacher isn't enough from our bottoming out period.

• Like 1

I was skeptical when we hired MSL, and the book remains to be written on his time with us, but I will say this: I am SO glad that he is the coach we have in place to oversee the emergence of Cole Caufield. Frankly, watching CC out there, he reminds me more and more of MSL himself. There could not be a better mentor for this under-sized, gifted, burgeoning NHL star.

Thank frigging GOD that we have not imposed plodders like Therrien and Ducharme upon him to try to bully, stifle, and turn him into a responsible 3rd-line checker. 🙄

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #7 Oct 26 2023 Habs vs Columbus 7pm