Game 17 - Golden Knights vs Canadiens - November 16, 2023 - 7 pm

GHT120

More to follow

• Upvote 1

Go Guhle Go!

"Guhle’s pairing with Johnathan Kovacevic played a pure shutdown role over the weekend. Against the Boston Bruins, David Pastrnak’s most frequent opponent at five-on-five was Guhle at 9:34, and over those minutes, the Canadiens outscored the Bruins 1-0, outshot the Bruins 6-4, had an 11-10 edge in shot attempts and controlled 64.01 percent of the expected goals."

Canadiens weekly notebook: Sean Monahan’s and Kaiden Guhle’s rising importance - The Athletic

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Hahaha, yes, the GDT these days have fallen on hard times! I suppose the fact that the Habs aren’t really playing for anything tends to have that effect after a while.

I expect some "news" will come out tomorrow.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/updates-from-optional-morning-skate-nov-16

Nothing ... nada ... not even a hint at who is starting in goal.

1 hour ago, Neech said:

Hoping for another regulation loss, with more goals this time. It would be amazing if Slaf could get a points streak going.

I got them hovering at .500 in my prediction. I hope they keep it close and make it an exciting game 

Go Habs Go!

I have a feeling Anderson scores 

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Primeau starts, Pezzetta in for Harvey-Pinard (LBI, DTD).

Thx ... I've been out all afternoon

18 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Is it just me or in the few starts Primeau has started, there's signs of a decent goalie there, much more than last season.

A good game against Detroit, and so far good tonight, even with the SHG. Glimmers of hope but it's not really enough yet.

40 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Is it just me or in the few starts Primeau has started, there's signs of a decent goalie there, much more than last season.

I mentioned it the other day as well. Over the years I haven’t thought much of him but he seems to be attempting to seize the opportunity right now. I’m beginning to be a believer in him. It has nothing to do with the sample size because for me a lot of it has to with his focus and compete level. That should continue.

1 minute ago, Neech said:

I hope we lose every game 6-5 in regulation.

Such a weird perspective but to each their own. Drafting high has really worked out well for us in the recent past. 

The modern fan to their aspiring athletic children after a loss: “Don’t worry, it’s better if our team loses. It’s all part of the plan.” 

I thought the Habs played relatively well despite the score and amount of shots against. Being undisciplined was their biggest downfall. 

5 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Such a weird perspective but to each their own. Drafting high has really worked out well for us in the recent past. 

The modern fan to their aspiring athletic children after a loss: “Don’t worry, it’s better if our team loses. It’s all part of the plan.” 

Like it or not, drafting high is the best way to acquire top talent. Most contenders have a few swings at the top 5-10. We haven't had enough yet.

I won’t be able to ever agree. It may be realistic to accept that we are not a contender but it’s getting to the point where any season we aren’t people are actually happy with losses. We are fans and are supposed to support our team. How many people actually attend a Habs game hoping we will lose simply because we have no shot at the cup? 

The draft is not the only way to acquire top end talent. Trades exist as well. 

Unfortunately with a cap and a growing number of teams in the league winning the cup is going to become even more difficult. If someone feels we should be tanking this year, they will likely feel that way 16 out of 20 years. Honestly, may as well find a different sport to watch with that perspective.

This doesn’t even delve into the reality that some fans who will be wishing for losses are simply wrong about the potential of our team because they are just that, fans with their own opinion. Or maybe the fact that it would be good for the development of our young players to experience regular season success or even playoff failures. Happy with a 6-5 loss? Doesn’t matter that the 6 goals were against our developing goaltender, at least it was entertaining!

Going even further, this was the same perspective of some the very year we made the cup final. Those same fans of our very own team then continue to point out that it’s not a valid comparison because it was the “bubble season”. We had a great playoff team that year and players fighting for Weber and Price’s final attempt. There’s no winning that debate or changing a tanker’s perspective so as I said, to each their own.