Game 25 - Canadiens vs Kraken - December 4, 2023 - 7:30 p.m.

GHT120

Given the current injury situation, I like this lineup :

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I did like the look of Slaf on a line with Caufield.  I also never thought I would say this, but I can't wait for Savard to get back.  His defensive presence is missed.  I don't understand Monahan with 2 plugs though, I thought Pearson and Gallagher was bad enough.

19 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Why saddle Monahan with those two ... move Gallagher and Pearson up, Armia and Ylonen up and Evans and Anderson down/down

I'd be surprised if either plays tonight ... but WiFi and Savard back on the ice

44 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I did like the look of Slaf on a line with Caufield.  I also never thought I would say this, but I can't wait for Savard to get back.  His defensive presence is missed.  I don't understand Monahan with 2 plugs though, I thought Pearson and Gallagher was bad enough.

I am not a fan of Savard, I do not like how he plays goalie and flops on the ice when caught off-position - which is often. He blocks a lot of shots, but he is not my type of defenseman. I prefer how Guhle plays, hard on puck and shoulder to shoulder: physical but disciplined.

34 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Why saddle Monahan with those two ... move Gallagher and Pearson up, Armia and Ylonen up and Evans and Anderson down/down

if we want Anderson to get going, Monahan on a more offesive role should help. Evans may be there to help win more face-offs and to take on the defensive tasks to free the two others. I like it. 

Gallagher will play his game regardless of the linemates.

Ylonen has been doing well on the 4th line, I like him and I think he may become as good as Lehkonen if coaches continue to work on his development. He is fast, has a great shot, and has shown more combativeness this season; if I remember correctly, he said gained more muscle during his off-season training to be stronger on board basttles.

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

Maybe they do want to resign him, and are trying to keep his production low to get him at a lower salary. I can’t see any other rationale for that line combo.

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

if we want Anderson to get going, Monahan on a more offesive role should help. Evans may be there to help win more face-offs and to take on the defensive tasks to free the two others. I like it. 

How many chances will he get ... he is 4th amongst healthy Habs forwards in even-strength TOI and 5th amongst healthy Habs in PP-TOI.

I know MSL said "he is back" after his fight ... but at some point, some tough-love might be warranted.

35 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think tough love is the answer if the effort isn't there. I think it's likely a confidence issue right now. 

"tough love" was semi-sarcastic ... but at some point, results have to factor into the equation ... they have clearly been trying to spark his "confidence" all season.

• GHT120 changed the title to Game 25 - Canadiens vs Kraken - December 4, 2023 - 7:30 p.m.
2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

How many chances will he get ... he is 4th amongst healthy Habs forwards in even-strength TOI and 5th amongst healthy Habs in PP-TOI.

I know MSL said "he is back" after his fight ... but at some point, some tough-love might be warranted.

we either trust the coach or we don’t.

I still believe he is too green and that the media is to forgiving; but as a fan, I want to trust MSL knows enough to be right on his approach with Andy.

13 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I have no issue with the lines.  

It almost seems like Kovacevic is looking more dangerous than most of their Forwards when he is in the bumper spot in the slot.

Moving Monahan to wing sure has paid off and Slafkovsky looks great 

What a fun game to watch