Game 41, Sharks vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

27 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

So Struble does make mistakes…

That one wasn't even a full mistake either, more of a flub.  He bounced back with a nice hit on his next shift at least.

Good goal by Gallagher to get it back to a one-goal game.  There isn't a whole lot of life from the Habs yet, hopefully that helps.

47 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Good goal by Gallagher to get it back to a one-goal game.  There isn't a whole lot of life from the Habs yet, hopefully that helps.

Evidently, it didn't.  Short of a couple of shifts near the end (the long o-zone shift at 5-on-5 and late in the period at 4-on-4), they just don't seem to have any sort of sense of urgency.  Down two, you'd think it'd come at some point.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

How are we losing to.these chumps.

I think it’s like you pointed out in the Flyers thread. We are ravaged with injuries at FW and it’s catching up with us. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

How are we losing to.these chumps.

The Habs are a young team that can get up for the good teams but perhaps have trouble getting up for a team like San Jose. They can't win on talent alone yet so they can't afford not to get up for a team like San Jose. 

11 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

The Habs are a young team that can get up for the good teams ...

Or ... is it that the Habs (as currently constituted) are a young team tied for the fewest regulation wins in the NHL with SJS and "good teams" can't get up them, allowing the Habs to look better than they are?

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Or ... is it that the Habs (as currently constituted) are a young team tied for the fewest regulation wins in the NHL with SJS and "good teams" can't get up them, allowing the Habs to look better than they are?

Probably a bit of both. 

The three goaltenders have stolen their share of wins this season.

that has made them look better than they are 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I didn't see much of the game but I'm definitely unhappy with a Loss. 

Apparently, it is long over due for the Habs players to contact their NHLPA union rep(s) and complain about the NHL scheduling back to back games.  

In reality, the back to back game shouldn't have mattered for this one considering where SJ is in the standings.  When I check TSN's site it is incredibly rare that I see a team with a Strk column that says a # over 10 especially when it is with an L.   The Habs should have handed SJ their 13th loss in a row.