Injury news

Commandant

Markov is slow and the brace he wears slows him even more.

Diaz will help but not like Emelin because Emelin could also lay the big hit which made teams less likely to try to beat them off of the rush.

I think Gorges should be playing with Markov for that reason. He is our most responsible defensive player, and will have no problem covering the ice behind Markov.

Also, Tinordi should be playing for Weber.

Problem is Gorges hasn't been playing well either...

Right now our best defensive guy is PK.

We really need Emelin back to steady out the rotation.

Yep, the loss of Emelin definitely exposes a structural imbalance in our blueline. Of course, it's nothing we didn't recognize long before that. Once Tinordi comes up, we should be all right, but MB might want to think about a 1-2 year stopgap, if he can find one.

Emelin likely out til November next year.

As for Tinordi... he's not the answer IMO. Down the road maybe, but he's not ready right now. He's tall but still very thin.

Yeah, I agree...not ready for prime time. That's why I suggested a '1-2 year stopgap.'

Is Mike Commodore's career over? I am kind of shocked that he never got a call up in the last few weeks. He's a big vetern that can hit. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a nod. Is he even in Hamilton still?

Is Mike Commodore's career over? I am kind of shocked that he never got a call up in the last few weeks. He's a big vetern that can hit. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a nod. Is he even in Hamilton still?

Never mind, I see he was cut from Hamilton in January. Too bad.

I'm more interested in seeing Drewiski out there than Tinordi, at least when the real games start. The kid's a raw rookie, for heaven's sake. Drweiski is a marginal player but at least has the profile of a stay-at-home, blood-and-guts D-man with size and some NHL experience...more likely to step up and help us in the playoffs than Big T, I suspect.

I wouldn't be so fast to dismiss Tinordi. Gallagher and Galchenyuk were considered raw rookies. Galchenyuk even missed the entirety of last season, plus is younger, so you would expect him not to perform nearly as well as he had. Gallagher has been even more impressive, especially considering people questioned if he could even play at all in the NHL due to his size. Both are Calder candidates. Give the rookies a chance to surprise you, I say.

Looks like Tinordi will play.

I just hope people have realistic expectations. A lot of people seem to be expecting this hugely physical guy, and thats not Tinordi. He's more of a better skating, Hal Gill, then he is Emelin with the hitting. He doesn't have the experience of Gill though yet, which was a major asset.

I love Drew and it takes time to learn a new system and switching partners constantly doesn't help.

However I'm excited to see what JT can do, I think he can help PK.

Has there been any specific diagnosis on Emelin? A torn ligament is basically like saying a broken bone. It doesn't specify which structure is damaged. Furthermore, ligaments can have partial thickness tears or full thickness tears.

Call me an outrageous optimist but we were pretty straightforward when Markov tore his ACL. I assume that we would do the same if Emelin also tore his ACL. The fact that we've been opaque about exactly what Emelin's diagnosis is may be a sign of encouragement.

Has there been any specific diagnosis on Emelin? A torn ligament is basically like saying a broken bone. It doesn't specify which structure is damaged. Furthermore, ligaments can have partial thickness tears or full thickness tears.

Call me an outrageous optimist but we were pretty straightforward when Markov tore his ACL. I assume that we would do the same if Emelin also tore his ACL. The fact that we've been opaque about exactly what Emelin's diagnosis is may be a sign of encouragement.

The team was saying torn ligament originally but it was revealed after that it was an ACL injury. I don't recall if the information came from the team directly or the beat reporters though.