Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread | Game 7

Fanpuck33

Well i didn't see that effort coming. Just when i count them out they play a pretty good game. SO i'll have to wait to doubt them again until they need it most. They showed alot of character last night, which i for one thought was lacking.

Price kept them in it in the first, then the team played a very solid 2 periods. The switching of lines paid off well.

The top 2 lines were pretty effective last night. Defense was shakey in the first better as the game went on. When will they learn about those dumb penalties, they tried to put Boston back in it but the Pk shut the door.

I would much rather have the habs paly the flyers, the Rags played them tough all year.

Price and the Smoke line MVP's of that series for sure.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that performance I expect I don't have to hear Cristobal Huet's name anymore.

The return of Koivu was huge, it didn't result in just his return, it brought back Chris Higgins from the IL as well.

That line was dominant and it was nice to finally see Kovy/Koivu back together after 3 years.

I brought out the old Roy shirt (4 sizes to small, my lucky hat and wore my lucky Price t-shirt) and hoped for the best.

When I saw the lines I had a good feeling.

Price was unbelievable in the first and the Streit goal changed the game. It was great to see all the goats of the board

turn in such strong games. Still want to trade Big TlTs C.C? :)

Go Philly!

With that performance I expect I don't have to hear Cristobal Huet's name anymore.

The return of Koivu was huge, it didn't result in just his return, it brought back Chris Higgins from the IL as well.

That line was dominant and it was nice to finally see Kovy/Koivu back together after 3 years.

I brought out the old Roy shirt (4 sizes to small, my lucky hat and wore my lucky Price t-shirt) and hoped for the best.

When I saw the lines I had a good feeling.

Price was unbelievable in the first and the Streit goal changed the game. It was great to see all the goats of the board

turn in such strong games. Still want to trade Big TlTs C.C? :)

Go Philly!

Who? :lol: My Leaf buddy was taunting me before the game, I told him no worries, 4-0 Habs and Price will stand on his head...thanks for shutting up another misguided Leaf disciple Pricey! :clap:

p.s. I went with the Habs boxers, Habs Pants with the 1993 Champs T-shirt, Hat & the Price jersey on standby in case it got ugly ^_^

Anybody happen to notice who had the draft pick before Boston selected Lucic in 2006 entry draft....49th overall?

Montreal Canadians and they selected Ben Maxwell.

That shit happens all the time.

Benoit Pouliot before Carey Price

Sidney Crosby before Price \.

Games like last night make that CLOSER to a more realistic comparison. It's hard to compare right now, and it would still be hard to justify wanting Price over Crosby.......but maybe someday..

I certainly wasnt missing Gibert Brule last night...thats for sure!!

Games like last night make that CLOSER to a more realistic comparison. It's hard to compare right now, and it would still be hard to justify wanting Price over Crosby.......but maybe someday..

It will all boil down to cups.

It's beyond me how anyone can honestly say that the playoff pressure was getting to him. It was clear from within the first 5 minutes that he was probably going to get a shutout.

This is a big game player. There's no goalie I'd rather have in a Game 7 situation even at his current age.

The riot makes me feel shame. We aren't the Leafs. They celebrate 1st rounds win, we don't!!

It wasn't even habs fans doing the riotting.

The riot makes me feel shame. We aren't the Leafs. They celebrate 1st rounds win, we don't!!

Still want to trade Big TlTs C.C? :)

Go Philly!

OK, OK...maybe I was premature...(wait, isn't that what the wife always tells me??)

I loved reading Big Tony's props to Koivu. I hope that we never, ever, ever have to hear again about how Koivu is 'not a leader.' His return in Game 6 was the single biggest reason for the re-ignition of our offence. And you could see the whole team, including Kovy, feeding off his example. He may not be a point-per-game player, he may even be on his last legs, but this is still his team, and he is still The Man.

Along with Price. The Boy who Saves Like a Man. 'Jesus Price'...that's the nickname that'll stick :lol::lol:

A great day and a great win. Well done les boys :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

OK, OK...maybe I was premature...(wait, isn't that what the wife always tells me??)

I loved reading Big Tony's props to Koivu. I hope that we never, ever, ever have to hear again about how Koivu is 'not a leader.' His return in Game 6 was the single biggest reason for the re-ignition of our offence. And you could see the whole team, including Kovy, feeding off his example. He may not be a point-per-game player, he may even be on his last legs, but this is still his team, and he is still The Man.

Along with Price. The Boy who Saves Like a Man. 'Jesus Price'...that's the nickname that'll stick :lol::lol:

A great day and a great win. Well done les boys :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

And a great nickname it is. That is the one I will be rolling with the rest of his career!

And a great nickname it is. That is the one I will be rolling with the rest of his career!

Agreed. It has already been circulating for a while. I kinda Like it!

Jesus Price...our saviour!! :clap:

The guys with Habs jerseys on trying to tip a cop car might disagree.

Yeah, he's done it in past playoff series, but long-term memory is an issue for most sports fans, so it was great to see him come back and be the leader.

Carey Christ is pretty good as well.

Eh, not so much. :lol:

Correction: It wasn't Habs fans doing ALL of the rioting. You can't tell me that none of them were drunken fans who thought joining in was a good idea.

I was wrong, but the majority weren't habs fans.

On OTR a writer from the Toronto Sun said he was 20 feet away from the burning cars and riotting, and he said it was kids who started it.

I was wrong, but the majority weren't habs fans.

On OTR a writer from the Toronto Sun said he was 20 feet away from the burning cars and riotting, and he said it was kids who started it.

And kids can't be habs fans can they. Come on, it wasn't leaf fans visiting Montreal deciding it was a good time to riot. It was Montrealers who do all support the team. ie fans. Idiots, but fans.