NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Habs top-notch PP has helped two d-men get big money deals, with Souray last year and Streit this year. It's my guess that S. Kostitsyn will see plenty of PP time on the point. What i would maybe do is put him on the left side and Marky on the right side for the one-timer. Just a thought.

Ryder to Bruins, multiple years, no salary info yet

EDIT: 3 years, 4 per year

wow... hands up who thought Ryder would get a raise after last year? Playing Boston just got that much more interesting.

I bet Mike is happy to be reunited with Julien.

Ryder to Bruins, multiple years, no salary info yet

EDIT: 3 years, 4 per year

Congrats Ryder! Year off who cares.

Stays in our division.. is it a bad thing? 4M less to spend for the Bruins. At least they didn't sign Jagr

crazy congrats given to Ryder, but I can't say that I'm thrilled with him staying in the division. Seems like the kind of player who will not live up to the contract, but at the same time be a thorn in the Habs side in those head to head games.

Ryder was another guy I would've liked to add but that was assuming he'd be taking a cut to resume his career somewhere else.

Seems like the smallest bargaining chips are being used to their full advantage and the GMs are being taken for one hell of a ride. :huh:

Today's UFA "trades" between Colorado and Toronto

UFA going from Toronto to Colorado:

Tucker 2.25 m/y

Raycroft .8 m/y

UFA going from Colorado to Toronto:

Finger 3.5 m/y

Today's ex-Habs signing

Huet 5.625m

Theodore 4.5m

Streit 4.1m

Ryder 4m

Tucker 2.25m

Ryder will make a difference in Bruins-Habs games. Remember, he'll get PP time there and will likely return to his earlier ways - assuming the rumours about his personal problems were BS. No WAY we should have signed him, especially at that ludicrous price, but it's 99% certain he will burn us.

Ryder will make a difference in Bruins-Habs games. Remember, he'll get PP time there and will likely return to his earlier ways - assuming the rumours about his personal problems were BS. No WAY we should have signed him, especially at that ludicrous price, but it's 99% certain he will burn us.

Ok he will. They will lost 5-4 instead of 5-3... :lol: Screw those Bruins !

Huet 5.625m

Theodore 4.5m

Streit 4.1m

Ryder 4m

I'm glad we're not the ones stuck footing the bill for these.

Where do the GM take so much money from? All those huge contracts leave me quite puzzled

I'm not convinced that Streit is overpaid. He scored 60+ points, was used in virtually every situation in a multitude of positions, has a great first pass, speed, decent positioning and a willingness to apply the body when necessary. In an NHL where versatility is becoming more and more important, where the powerplay is critical and where a two-way game is vital, this strikes me as just about the right deal. Sure, he's not a defensive gem, but he brings so much more to the table - all of which have combined to make him a coveted player.

Red Wings sign Hossa

For one year and $7.4M apparently...just stupid if true.

Why would Hossa only sign a one year deal? Why for $7.4M when he could have likely had over $8M on other teams, other good teams too???

For one year and $7.4M apparently...just stupid if true.

Why would Hossa only sign a one year deal? Why for $7.4M when he could have likely had over $8M on other teams, other good teams too???

Because then he can sign another insane 1-year contract next year... and the year after that... and the year after that. And he has the ability to continuously choose one of the best teams to sign with (given they have the money).

Because then he can sign another insane 1-year contract next year... and the year after that... and the year after that. And he has the ability to continuously choose one of the best teams to sign with (given they have the money).

Thats actually what I thought of too.

This sucks, why Detroit. I was hoping Detroit wouldn't do shit next season. I hope this screws up their chemistry.

Marian Hossa just signed with the Detroit Redwings? A 1 year deal for $7.4 Million

Now what?

Looks like its back to the drawing board for Bob Gainey and co.

Who's out there for trade? Any worthwhile free agent addtions left?

Edited by kaos

Hossa to Detroit for 1 yr @ 7.4mil????

What the f$%k???

Kinda funny that he goes to play for the team that beat him during the Cup finals...

Damn, if I was Pittsburg i'd be PISSED!!! They traded a boatload of people for him and he does this?? I mean, I would have understood if he agreed to a multiyear contract but one year??

Now he can take a great one year salary, go win a cup, and then take the highest bidder next year not having to worry about going to a winner. So this time next year we'll probably see him sign a deal with Florida for 10 million a year or some crap like that.