All things HALAK

shortcat1

Good for Halak. I'd like to keep this kid happy, if at all possible. I'd hate to lose him simply because he grew disgruntled with his status.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, you weren't kidding when you said you didn't learn anything from the press conference. :blink:

As long as Price gets at least 3 starts out of 10, he's staying up.

that doesnt mean he will get them. halak has been good too. he deserves a shot. it could also boost his trade value should gainey decide to part with him.

lets say that price dosnt play for another 10 days, that would only be 2 games in a month. both games he looked shaky, had the allstar game and thats alot of time before he plays again.

Price will finish the year in montreal but I think playing a few games in hamilton will do him good.

is it because they'll be over the limit with others coming off the IR (Breezer?) and since he's sick, or is this actually a conditioning stint. I wouldn't mind him getting a few games down there, but if he's sick with the flu, what's the point of sending him down??

From RDS.ca

Le défenseur Patrice Brisebois effectuera un retour au jeu. Mark Streit sera utilisé en attaque.

Par ailleurs, le Canadien a annoncé le rappel du gardien Jaroslav Halak des Bulldogs de Hamilton puisque Carey Price est malade.

Montréal a un dossier de 20-13-8, mais à ses dix derniers matchs à domicile, il présente une fiche de 2-5-3. Samedi, le Canadien s’était incliné 5-4 en prolongation devant les Capitals de Washington. Malgré la défaite, le CH récoltait au moins un point au classement dans un cinquième match de suite (3-0-2).

Carbonneau fera appel à Cristobal Huet pour protéger la cage du Canadien mardi soir.

This is getting to be ######ing ridiculous. Stop playing Streit up front. This is turning into the biggest joke in the league(we have 2 defenseman playing up front). WE all know that Streit DOES NOT want to play up front, why keep pissing him off?

This decision really pisses me off!

BY the way, there's no mention of Price being sent downt to Hamilton on RDS.ca

Edited by Habsfan

From RDS.ca

This is getting to be ######ing ridiculous. Stop playing Streit up front. This is turning into the biggest joke in the league(we have 2 defenseman playing up front). WE all know that Streit DOES NOT want to play up front, why keep pissing him off?

This decision really pisses me off!

BY the way, there's no mention of Price being sent downt to Hamilton on RDS.ca

that's the thing. I'm looking for it on habsinsideout.com, which is usually SUPER fast with this stuff, and on the canadiens official site, and there's nothing. They only mention that Halak is called up and Price has a virus...

If it's true that Price has been sent down to Hamilton it is only good for him.

He needs to see some pucks if he wants to stop them. Play a lot of games to get back

on track.

And remember it takes usually longer to a goalie to develop, even though Price is a

potential all star he has to see every aspects of a game and mastering them.

Ryan Miller went to AHL, so did Rick Dipietro and they are all very good goalies.

What I find puzzling is why they sent Chipchura down as well, and why did they call back Locke???

Could there be a trade coming up?

Chip lost his job to Maxim Lapierre on the third line.

Chip is losing every face off.

Just wondering if Locke can do better on face off %. How can he bring offense to a fourth line

with Kosto and Dandenault iron hands.

So what does Chip need to do to get back here ?? Win face off, score some goals play with more poise.

Hard to say with Gainey. maybe he wants Cips and Price to play 3 games, i saw on the front page the Bulldogs have 3 in 4 nights. Nothing wrong with sending a few players down to play a few games for confidence and work. Price needs confidence and Chips can work on faceoffs.

It could be worse, atleast they didn't call up another D man and play him at forward.

Maybe Chicago wants to see Locke, he could work well with Higgins and Ryder, it would be a waste to put him with 2 defenseman.

So bizarre. I'll be checking habsinsideout.com and tsn and rds and every other site I can think of non-stop for the next few hours / days until something happens. I REALLY feel like a trade's coming up (because of the Chips/Locke swap, not the halak / price swap. I Think Gainey will do everything he can to keep both Price and halak).

I imagine Chips is just being given the opportunity to work on his game. His overall output has decreased slowly over the duration of the season, and he will get a chance to redeem himself in HAM as opposed to the press box. This shouldn't be a permanent move.

yeah... I guess I'm "over-freaking out" if that makes any sense. It could be nothing i guess. maybe he just wants them to get work. But again, Is Price not sick, or was that just a poorly communicated rumour/misunderstanding?

Chip lost his job to Maxim Lapierre on the third line.

Chip is losing every face off.

Just wondering if Locke can do better on face off %.

You hit the nail on the head....BG made it clear that the team needs to get better on faceoffs. I think there will be some tinkering to give other centers a chance to prove they can win draws.

True about faceoffs. But the lineup with Streit and locke makes the team much more like smurfs again. That hasn't gone well the last 10 years.

Too small to compete. Hopefully it's just temporary.

I imagine Chips is just being given the opportunity to work on his game. His overall output has decreased slowly over the duration of the season, and he will get a chance to redeem himself in HAM as opposed to the press box. This shouldn't be a permanent move.

Chipchura is given a chance of getting quality ice time. with smolinski coming back this week, there were too many players and someone ahd to be sent down.

as for locke, they're just giving him a bone so he redeem himself. will be sent down when smolinski comes back.

I know it isnt much but halak and locke make far less money than price and chipchura. it could make a difference if we were too add some salary at the trade deadline.

ugh. if chips stays down because Smolinski's coming back, I'll be super annoyed. I have no problem with giving him a lot of ice time, a good week or somehting since the bull dogs have so many games coming up in the next few games, but I want him back up learning with the big team over smolinski...