Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Halak for Turco ?

:puke:

turco is a UFA at the end of the season and i wouldn't mind picking him up to mentor whichever goallie we end up keeping. no chance i would ever trade an asset like Halak for him though.

turco is a UFA at the end of the season and i wouldn't mind picking him up to mentor whichever goallie we end up keeping. no chance i would ever trade an asset like Halak for him though.

unless he is willing to sign for under $1M on a 1 year deal (which he wouldn't), i wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. the guy is 36 or something like that, makes around $5.5M now. so if we did sign him we would be on the hook even if he is hurt.

unless he is willing to sign for under $1M on a 1 year deal (which he wouldn't), i wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. the guy is 36 or something like that, makes around $5.5M now. so if we did sign him we would be on the hook even if he is hurt.

i realize salary is an issue, but if you think he is getting anywhere near 5.5 again you need to give your head a shake. He will still be 34 on the first day of free agency so we could sign him for about four years at like 2-3 mil a year but have him retire after two years

really, on the hot stove last night they were saying he is 36??

not sure what the rule is for turning 35 before the season starts - bcoz I could have swore on the hot stove they were saying that he would be on a gauranteed over 35 contract, which is why Dallas didn't want to sign him.

But if his contract wouldn't be classified as an over 35 and if he was willing to take a HUGE cut, he wouln't be a bad vetern goalie to have. the other guy i like is Biron.

I agree that a veteran goalie is a good idea. But not in return for Halak!!! That would be absurd. Use Halak to address weaknesses in the system or at other positions. Trading a young G for an aging, more expensive and declining G is just witless. Sign the veteran G as a UFA in the summer instead.

I agree that a veteran goalie is a good idea. But not in return for Halak!!! That would be absurd. Use Halak to address weaknesses in the system or at other positions. Trading a young G for an aging, more expensive and declining G is just witless. Sign the veteran G as a UFA in the summer instead.

Trading Halak for any goalie is stupidity. Both biron and Turko are UFA's this summer. I would like more clarity on Turko's status with respect to the over 35 age rule, but otherwise, i think either would be a good pickup - IF they were cheap.

If we trade a goalie for a goalie - unless his name is Marty Brodeur - Gainey needs to have his head examined.

I HATE to say this, but can we somehow avoid having a francophone/quebecois veteran backup?? just another potential side-show.

+ 1 Billion! ALthough I'd also add swiss, or any French speaking nation, or anyone even from the prairies who has a french name!

I don't know why anyone would think you would trade Halak for Turco straight up. You would have to trade salary away, which means it has to be a multiple player trade. That's the only way you are going to obtain your goal of a scoring forward in this deal. Bob isn't going to throw his value away. He needs to get something back.

I don't know why anyone would think you would trade Halak for Turco straight up. You would have to trade salary away, which means it has to be a multiple player trade. That's the only way you are going to obtain your goal of a scoring forward in this deal. Bob isn't going to throw his value away. He needs to get something back.

That exact trade is mentioned on the RDS website. I couldn't believe my eyes.

anyone else see this hit by patrice cormier? if the devils are looking to get rid of him i wouold take him in a heartbeat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAoFY0owFXc...player_embedded

Yeah, that's exactly the type of guy the Habs need - a dirty cheap shot artist. Saying anything at all kind about the kid that made that hit is sick. He should be lucky to play again the rest of the season. That is the EXACT hit that needs to be eliminated from hockey.

This kid has a past history with elbows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hzeOhL8_9g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp0lNdmqfpY

Edited by Fanpuck33

ever hear of a guy named gordie howe? he also had a tendancy to get the elbows up, thing is people forget that when he scores goals (i'm not calling cormier howe, calm down).

my point is i feel cormier's value is much lower after this incident, yet he still has huge potential. also wouldn't it be nice to have the habs being the aggressor as opposed to the ones limping off the ice?

ever hear of a guy named gordie howe? he also had a tendancy to get the elbows up, thing is people forget that when he scores goals (i'm not calling cormier howe, calm down).

There's a difference between trying to make a guy feel pain (hurt him) and deliberately trying to injure a guy. Howe was a a guy who played physically and wore you down and made your whole body sore. This kid isn't doing that, he's trying to injure people. All three of those videos are deliberate elbows to the head. They weren't a case of "getting the elbows up." He was blatantly and intentionally putting his elbow up trying to cause damage to the head. There is absolutely no excuse for his actions. He's not playing physical hockey, he's assaulting people.

There's a difference between trying to make a guy feel pain (hurt him) and deliberately trying to injure a guy. Howe was a a guy who played physically and wore you down and made your whole body sore. This kid isn't doing that, he's trying to injure people. All three of those videos are deliberate elbows to the head. They weren't a case of "getting the elbows up." He was blatantly and intentionally putting his elbow up trying to cause damage to the head. There is absolutely no excuse for his actions. He's not playing physical hockey, he's assaulting people.

that's why we buy low. if we can trade a pick or maybe a guy like dags for cormier would you do it? he was been to the wjc twice and he was the captain this year. i know this doesn't mean he will become an all-star (see chips), but he is worth the risk. he has probably been reading his own hype lately and feels he is untouchable with of his hits. if we can bring him in i bet JM could read him the riot act and get him back on track.

Edited by JacksonJ

If we trade Halak for Turco, Bob's gotta go. I'm excited about trading Halak, but to upgrade at forward.

habsy is right! No way should we trade Halak for a goalie, even less for a washed up 34 year old who'll be asking for 2.5 million$ + in the coming years!

+ 1 Billion! ALthough I'd also add swiss, or any French speaking nation, or anyone even from the prairies who has a french name!

Let's get a zebra bush bit.ch as our back up! :rolleyes: That way there won't be any controversy!