Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Ek says they were looking at Avery. The Habs are in need of another top 6 forward, center or LW. Some one who can actually score, not another set up guy. Lats and Kosty have been playing there off wing.

In reality the Habs can move Ryder, Bouillon or even Streit. I know everyone will be mad about him but they do have Gorges and O'Byrne to fill a right side D. They definitely won't move a top 4 D guy, they finally fixed the D in all 3 zones so you don't want to mess that up.

Dandy is a winger now, he isn't going back to D, They have good depth for the third and fourth lines, Lapierre is still in the minors to come up.

Whatever the case is they finally have some talent they can move to address a specific need which is nice to see.

only time will tell on an actual move. Only when things are does Gainey do something. He probably just had dinner with Sather and other friends.

Ek says they were looking at Avery. The Habs are in need of another top 6 forward, center or LW. Some one who can actually score, not another set up guy. Lats and Kosty have been playing there off wing.

In reality the Habs can move Ryder, Bouillon or even Streit. I know everyone will be mad about him but they do have Gorges and O'Byrne to fill a right side D. They definitely won't move a top 4 D guy, they finally fixed the D in all 3 zones so you don't want to mess that up.

Dandy is a winger now, he isn't going back to D, They have good depth for the third and fourth lines, Lapierre is still in the minors to come up.

Whatever the case is they finally have some talent they can move to address a specific need which is nice to see.

only time will tell on an actual move. Only when things are does Gainey do something. He probably just had dinner with Sather and other friends.

I can't see BG doing that media mistake (geting Avery). But Cherepanov... could be really nice...

As per Ek,

Gainey is at the Rangers/Pens game which is a bit odd. He and Sather are friends and have traded a few times before...maybe a deal is to be made tonight?

The Rangers are desperate for wingers and d-men.

The Rangers have the best team defense in the league they do not need any help there look at there goals against.

The Rangers have the best team defense in the league they do not need any help there look at there goals against.

Yeah put look at their goals for: 1.62G/G the worst average in the league! And they've got Jagr, Shanahan, Gomez, Drury, Straka, Prucha... They need D that can get the put to the forwards fast and on the tape, which is not the case actually. They need puck moving D. Add the fact that they're near the cap (51.125)... They could be interested in Streit, a good puck moving D earning only 600k...

But this is all speculations

Edited by Punkned

I'm hearing Ryder, O'Byrne, and a pic for Jagr... it's just a rumor obviously... not from a highly credible source like Ek or anything... but thought it'd be interesting for discussion...

I'd do it... gives us a big name that can score... might help to attract other UFAs...

I'm hearing Ryder, O'Byrne, and a pic for Jagr... it's just a rumor obviously... not from a highly credible source like Ek or anything... but thought it'd be interesting for discussion...

I'd do it... gives us a big name that can score... might help to attract other UFAs...

anybody'd do that from the Habs perspective. I don't see the Rangers going that way, especially considering that Jagr wears the C. I also don't think the salaries would work.

Jagr and Lundqvist is that team

:huh:

The trade is a fake rumour but that team has a lot more to it than just those two guys.

It is very surprising to see for whom Jagr was traded in the past:

"23-Jan-04: Washington Capitals traded Jaromir Jagr to the New York Rangers for Anson Carter."

"11-Jul-01: Pittsburgh Penguins traded Jaromir Jagr and Frantisek Kucera to the Washington Capitals for Kris Beech, Michal Sivek and Ross Lupaschuk and future considerations."

Considering those two trades, Ryder and O'Byrne for a 35 years old Jagr commanding an 8+ million dollars salary isn't unrealistic (if and only if Sather doesn't want Jagr on his team anymore).

But what makes that trade less realistic is that it would bring us over the salary cap. We would have to get rid on Dandenault's 1.7 million to fit Jagr's salary.

If I am BG, I do that trade right away!

If I am BG, I do that trade right away!

If I'm gainey I don't touch jagr with a ten foot pole. or I don't give much to the rangers ffor him. now if they wanted duncan milroy and cameron cepek, I would do it but not for close-to-be-ready or active players

we already have a I-play-when-I-feel-like guy who makes tons of dough, we dont need another one.

besides I really dont think that we have enough weapons to please Jagr.

I hope that all the rangers rumours are false, there no one on this team that I would be pleased to have in my team...besides avery( what a sin for a fenchie to say that) avery, lapierre and a tough guy on the 3rd/4th line and I'm drooling!! people would be afraid to play us once again.

If I'm gainey I don't touch jagr with a ten foot pole. or I don't give much to the rangers ffor him. now if they wanted duncan milroy and cameron cepek, I would do it but not for close-to-be-ready or active players

we already have a I-play-when-I-feel-like guy who makes tons of dough, we dont need another one.

besides I really dont think that we have enough weapons to please Jagr.

I hope that all the rangers rumours are false, there no one on this team that I would be pleased to have in my team...besides avery( what a sin for a fenchie to say that) avery, lapierre and a tough guy on the 3rd/4th line and I'm drooling!! people would be afraid to play us once again.

I'm with you 100%. Do we want to become the Maple Leafs trading away our future for an aging player whose best days are likely behind him. Very few aging veterans, maybe there are a few exceptions, deliver what their new teams were hoping for. If we're going to give up a package that includes young players we need to get back a Briere or a Patrick Marleau, then I'd do it, because it would be for someone who still likely hasd many good years still ahead of them. And the comment about Jagr not showing up everyr night is further proof that this is not a trade we want to make.

Cherepanov would be AWESOME, Bourret is nice too.

:clap:

A more sensible and important point to this Jagr discussion. Montreal would be making a sideways move going older, where the upside of a Cherepanov would be greater long term than a Jagr quick fix. I am not a huge Cherepanov fan, however I think I was in error in his offensive abilities. I keep thinking he is a puck hog which in his case may be a good thing if true. Montreal has to build on youth to be like Ottawa, Buffalo and even Philly.

Jagr will not bring a cup to Montreal.....

We would have to get rid on Dandenault's 1.7 million to fit Jagr's salary.

Jagr brings up some interesting question, even if I do have little interest in acquiring him. Right now the Habs only have 2.1 in cap space. Even if we lost Ryder (2.95 million) in the trade and dumped Dandenault (1.725), we still only have 6.8 million in cap space, not enough to fit Jagr's 8 million salary. However, the question is what is Jagr's real cap hit? In New York, I think his cap hit is only 5 million, since Washington is paying part of his salary. Now, if Jagr gets traded to a new team, what happens? Does his cap hit jump to 8 million since that team is not getting money from Washington? Would Washington start paying Jagr's new team instead of the Rangers?

Jagr and Lundqvist is that team

Yeah, Shanahan, Gomez, Drury, Straka are all crap. :rolleyes:

Don't kid yourselves, Jagr is still one of the best players in the game and has had past success with Kovalev (who is on fire as things are). He would be a big upgrade on Ryder (who is very likely only with us for less than one more season) and losing O'Byrne would not be terrible considering we have 8 defenceman on the pro team and plenty of D prospects (though none as close to the NHL as O'Byrne is). I would have no problem with this trade but it doesn't make much sense.

Don't kid yourselves, Jagr is still one of the best players in the game and has had past success with Kovalev (who is on fire as things are). He would be a big upgrade on Ryder (who is very likely only with us for less than one more season) and losing O'Byrne would not be terrible considering we have 8 defenceman on the pro team and plenty of D prospects (though none as close to the NHL as O'Byrne is). I would have no problem with this trade but it doesn't make much sense.

I somewhat disagree. Do you think the Habs current playing defenseman are so good that the Habs can trade away young defenceman? The reason I ask is that Outside of Markov, Hamerlik and Komisarek the rest are disposable which makes 3 Pro defenceman.

Jagr is a distraction that is not interested on many nights. He is a premier scorer, but hardly a premier player. Montreal could use his offense but not at the expense of young defenseman. Remember Hainsey and the guy on the Ducks Habs lost. CANNOT lose any more decent Defenceman for a quick fix.

I am just remembering the days or Lapointe, Savard and Robinson. Oh those beautiful Stanley Cups while Leafs and Bruins watched and sulked! :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

We're talking about a "I-play-when-I-feel-like guy" who scored 96 and 123 pts in the last two seasons while being +34 ans +26. Looks like he feels like playing often enough to help a team win!

Plus, we have a lot of young talents, but no potential elite player (except Price). If we want one we have to sign one or trade one. Signings have been difficult for us lately, so we'll have to trade.

Trading Ryder and O'Byrne is not sacrificing our future for immediate help. Ryder isn't future. O'Byrne will be a good rock solid D, but we now have plenty of young D developing fast (Valentenko, Carle, our latests first rounders...)

Anyways, that is all rumors. An Ek rumor...

Jagr brings up some interesting question, even if I do have little interest in acquiring him. Right now the Habs only have 2.1 in cap space. Even if we lost Ryder (2.95 million) in the trade and dumped Dandenault (1.725), we still only have 6.8 million in cap space, not enough to fit Jagr's 8 million salary. However, the question is what is Jagr's real cap hit? In New York, I think his cap hit is only 5 million, since Washington is paying part of his salary. Now, if Jagr gets traded to a new team, what happens? Does his cap hit jump to 8 million since that team is not getting money from Washington? Would Washington start paying Jagr's new team instead of the Rangers?

exactly. Washington would still pay the Jagr subsidy.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the Rangers stop paying the Yankees if he leaves them, or is that just because he's totally voiding the contract?

exactly. Hypothetically, If A-Rod doesn't opt out and the Yankees trade A-Rod to the Cubs, the Rangers would pay that $7-8mil subsidy to the Cubs. Once A-Rod opts out of the contract, there will be no overage to pay.

Hold on there, the others are obviously not "crap", but it's pretty obvious that the team is built around Jagr and Lundqvist.

It's interesting you mention Straka - since it's quite obvious the main reason he is in NYR is because of his chemistry with Jagr. And it's also interesting that the Rangers are off to a weak start, does it have anything to do with the fact that Jagr's favourite setup man Michael Nylander went off to Washington?

The team is built around Jagr, without a doubt - that's why they brought in all the Czechs, but that doesn't mean they don't have other superstars. Gomez, Straka, Avery, Drury, Tyutin, Shanahan, Mara, Marc Staal and Dawes are very useful players. They should definitely be a Cup contender, they've probably just got a lack of chemistry which will probably fix itself.

Shanahan is getting too old to be a regular producer.

Drury is a third line center, at best a second line guy.

Straka is always injured.

Gomez is good but he can't carry a team.

Jagr can and does put up 100 pts. Rangers were doing fine b4 Gomez and Drury and were aweful before Jagr.

Getting rid of Jagr wouldn't fix the problem. They alreafdy are having a hard time scoring.

the offense is built around him, they can't just change their plans.

Jagr's cap hit would only be 5million or so... so the money wouldn't be an issue... NY would be getting a finisher in Ryder, a strong D prospect in O'Byrne, and a pic... Let's remember that Sather gave up Kovalev for a guy who barely played a game in the NHL... If Jagr is sulking about the loss of Nylander as much as they say he is, who knows how eager they might be to find him a new home... hand the team down to some of their younger leaders...

It was a just a rumor to start, but I like it for both teams... personally, I'd rather have O'Byrne in my lineup than at least two of our current starters... We do have Emelin coming over next season though too...

It's too bad that Perezhogin is away because of money and not wanting to play for the Habs. Not that I like players not liking us but at least (if this were the reason) he'd be a tradeable asset to a team he would accept going to. :(

I suspect (not due to rumour reports) that VERY SOON Bob will pull a trigger. Call it a feeling.