Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Who knows how Habs feel about Kristo? Geoffrion won the Hobey baker and still seemed just a marginal NHLer.

So maybe Kristo was a 56th pick for good reason and would be almost identical to Tinordi trade where Habs gave up 27th and 57th pick for 22nd?

To me, Kristo seems like he should be a productive winger down the road, but maybe Timmins is really keen on some mid-1st rounder ranked kid?

And Flames were not afraid to trade down last year, so with 3 picks a trade to add a 2nd may look good to Feaster?

The Habs gave Kristo a contract with more potential bonuses than any of their first rounders of the past decade not named Price or Galchenyuk and comparable to what top-10 picks get nowadays. Yes, part of that was to get him to sign but I would suggest they are quite high on him.

How would Corban Knight know about that though? Which is the source of the rumor.

Ok, I realize that I'm not posting in the right thread. It is not a rumour, it's a trade proposal. Nothing to do with the Flames...

The Habs gave Kristo a contract with more potential bonuses than any of their first rounders of the past decade not named Price or Galchenyuk and comparable to what top-10 picks get nowadays. Yes, part of that was to get him to sign but I would suggest they are quite high on him.

didnt know that and i think he could be a pretty good player also, but i am sure Dudley is just a bit better judge of that than I

Stephen MacAulay is probably the most exciting of those signings. It may not look it in the regular season stats but he's a playoff warrior. Potential bottom six forward who does everything you want him to do and scores when it counts. At 6'2", 190lbs he's filling out well. Will keep an eye out for him on the Bulldogs roster.

I like the signings and it shows the current Management team of the Habs are watching the Quebec Major Junior players.

There's nothing wrong with depth and a few of the RFA's are going to get non-tendered so there was room to bring some in. MacAulay looks like he can be a decent bottom six forward in Hamilton - I was hoping they'd have kept him after the Bulldogs' preseason. Duffy committed to the CIS about 7 weeks ago so I was a little surprised to see him among the group. I'm not too familiar with Desjardins but it appears he took his game to another level after being dealt to the Remparts part way through last season.

Fingers crossed that none turn into Levebvre then.

I don't think MacAulay will - he's enough of a two way forward to at least be a passable bottom six AHL'er if he doesn't develop much. Duffy's a big wildcard, he's a top six or bust type of player.

I don't think MacAulay will - he's enough of a two way forward to at least be a passable bottom six AHL'er if he doesn't develop much. Duffy's a big wildcard, he's a top six or bust type of player.

Likely bust. I've watched him play dozens of times, he has amazing hands but doesn't bring much else to the table. A young Kyle Wellwood.

Guest Stogey24

Another Eklund rumor. Montreal is hard after Iginla. This to me would be an excellent signing. Top 6 scorer to say the least. Getting up there in age, but more than willing to rumble.

An update: All three players are saying they've only signed tryout contracts which makes it odd that the NHL put them on the Habs' reserve list.

It's common practice on NHL.com imo, have seen many players on try-out been added to reserve list during main training camps.

• Upvote 1

It's common practice on NHL.com imo, have seen many players on try-out been added to reserve list during main training camps.

I check that page frequently in the offseason - I've never seen that happen but I trust your word that it has, thanks for that. One of the other confirmed invitees to the development camp (Brady Shaw), is not on that list but I'm sure there's a method to their madness so to speak.

Is there any way Pittsburg chooses to move Kris Letang?? While we're waiting for the fun times this weekend to arrive someone posted that Pittsburg may be looking at moving Kris Letang. Do you think there is any truth to this at all? If there is could we ever afford him?? Could he be a replacement for Markov?

No point in getting Letang when Beaulieu could turn into him with better defensive ability.

You think Beaulieu is good defensively? He may be improving in Hamilton, but still a long way to go and he needs to hit the weight room hard also.

You think Beaulieu is good defensively? He may be improving in Hamilton, but still a long way to go and he needs to hit the weight room hard also.

He didn't say that he is good now he said he could be in the future.

Also, no link for this one but it appears that scout Ryan Jankowski has indeed landed the Hockey Canada head scouting job. He is at their goaltending development camp at the moment and the speculation is that it could be made official sometime next week.

Well, it wasn't announced last week but it was today, Jankowski has resigned his post with the Habs to take the head scouting job with Hockey Canada.