Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

49 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

”We want to move back closer to my wifes home...” = not so important after all...

88 million buys a lot of flights back home.  And even guest houses in ther richest region of USA. Silicon valley.

3 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

88 million buys a lot of flights back home.  And even guest houses in ther richest region of USA. Silicon valley.

rumor bout the wife came out to have bid go up, any team willing or able to get 1.375 per year up, so 12.375mil a yr can get services of EK. I feel this to be a neg tak :( basically pay more AAV but get shorter yrs but same overal $

I don't think we heard the last of this :/

7 hours ago, ehjay said:

rumor bout the wife came out to have bid go up, any team willing or able to get 1.375 per year up, so 12.375mil a yr can get services of EK. I feel this to be a neg tak :( basically pay more AAV but get shorter yrs but same overal $

I don't think we heard the last of this :/

I wonder where San Jose thinks they are in the team-building arc. Pavelski is 34 and Joe Thornton is approximately 4, 567 years old. Now they lock up Karlsson at huge term for 8 years. Presumably they think they will contend in the first few years of that deal. But this seems, at first blush anyway, to be optimistic about their situation at C. Anyhow, I leave it to better minds than my own to figure out.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I wonder where San Jose thinks they are in the team-building arc. Pavelski is 34 and Joe Thornton is approximately 4, 567 years old. Now they lock up Karlsson at huge term for 8 years. Presumably they think they will contend in the first few years of that deal. But this seems, at first blush anyway, to be optimistic about their situation at C. Anyhow, I leave it to better minds than my own to figure out.

Sounds like Pavelski is gone given the cap issues.  It was Pavelski or Karlsson, it was never both.  Not with Karlsson at 11.5 million per. 

San Jose's prospect pool is barren. 

They have to decide, keep swinging or go into a long painful rebuild

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Sounds like Pavelski is gone given the cap issues.  It was Pavelski or Karlsson, it was never both.  Not with Karlsson at 11.5 million per. 

The owner keeps saying he wants to keep Pavelski.

Their rebuild will indeed be long and painful. The only question is when it will start.

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

That's what I thought. And Karlsson's decision to sign seems a tad odd in light of that. He's basically committing to spending the rest of his career on a team that is standing on the precipice, at the very end of its very long run of excellence, and is most likely about to enter the trough of sustained mediocrity. Now maybe he loves San Jose and doesn't make life decisions based on the prospects for team success. But at face value this decision further reinforces a suspicion I've long held, i.e., that NHL players are often surprising unperceptive about the organizations they're signing up for. EK probably sees SJ as perennial contenders who will somehow stay that way forever - much as people used to think about Detroit, before Zetterberg and Datsyuk suddenly but predictably got old, and suddenly Detroit was nothing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Habber31 said:

Or he just wants to wear shorts to practice 

i think he likes wearing 92million bucks to practice

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, tomh009 said:

The owner keeps saying he wants to keep Pavelski.

Their rebuild will indeed be long and painful. The only question is when it will start.

given their cap situation, i don't see how its possible, unless they are trading another big ticket. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 2:02 PM, Habber31 said:

Bastard

Bah!!!

I said it before money would shut me TFU, why would it be different for some1 who is being offered more then I will ever see in a life timeS Re-incarnated!

I just kinda think its Fishy when wife wants start up in media chatter a few days/weeks before free agency period.

with that said, to save some Karma points; in all truth, Good on EK, man got a BadMan Deal!!!!

12 minutes ago, Metallica said:

If the price is to high for Gost, wonder if Lindholm is able to be had? 

If the price is too high for Gostisbehere, it'll be even higher for Lindholm.  I suspect he's about as close to untouchable as anyone on Anaheim.

If we can't get either Gostisbehere or Gardiner, I'd really like to try to get Julius Honka from Dallas. I earlier proposed swapping him and Hudon, but in any case he should not be expensive as he doesn't fit in the Stars' system and, as a result, barely got any playing time last season.

(No, he's not a top-pair D but if he can fit in our system he could be second pair. Put him on the left if necessary ...)

Dom Luszczyszyn the Athletic:

Projected Contract: $6.8M x 6 years

This is a contract that deeply concerns me. On a six-year deal, Evolving Hockey pegs Duchene to be worth $6.8-million per season, while my model thinks he’s worth $6.7 million. Rumors are swirling that Duchene will command significantly more than that on the open market: north of $9-million per season. It’ll be an extremely tough ask for him to live up to that.

38 minutes ago, DON said:

Dom Luszczyszyn the Athletic:

Projected Contract: $6.8M x 6 years

This is a contract that deeply concerns me. On a six-year deal, Evolving Hockey pegs Duchene to be worth $6.8-million per season, while my model thinks he’s worth $6.7 million. Rumors are swirling that Duchene will command significantly more than that on the open market: north of $9-million per season. It’ll be an extremely tough ask for him to live up to that.

Duchene is not a franchise player, but he will be paid like one. Caveat emptor.