Injuries: Markov, Gomez
Record: 17-6-3 (1st in West)
Scratches: Kindl (cond.), Draper
Injuries: Modano

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
TV: RDS, CBC
Radio: CJAD, CKAC
Edited by dlbalr

Boyd and Subban in, Gomez and Weber out.

From a pure results point of view, having Subban in is a no brainer: he makes our 3rd D pairing more effective, and when you're playing Detroit IN Detroit, that means a lot.

Especially since down Gomez the Habs will likely be rotating mainly 3 lines 5 on 5.

Boyd and Subban in, Gomez and Weber out.

From a pure results point of view, having Subban in is a no brainer: he makes our 3rd D pairing more effective, and when you're playing Detroit IN Detroit, that means a lot.

Especially since down Gomez the Habs will likely be rotating mainly 3 lines 5 on 5.

Plus without Gomez we need somebody to carry the puck.

Plus without Gomez we need somebody to carry the puck.

Yep. But you can guarantee anytime that Detroit sees Picard-Subban out there for a draw one of Datsyuk or Zetterberg will be on the ice. Babcock doesn't mess around with that kind of thing. If it were Picard-Weber, he might put them both out there together.

I assume Martin is telling everyone to have 35 second shifts tonight. It's going to be a heck of a lot of line tactics.

Detroit shifts are short and their puck pursuit is the most tenacious in the league. This should be a good one. Montreal definitely needed someone to carry the puck with Gomer out. I'm a little disapointed that Weber is out. I liked what I saw of him. I guess he doesn't want to split up Gorges Gill, and you can't split up Hammer Spacek the way they been playing lately.

GDT thread is up, I wont be able to make any changes since I'll be home later tonight, but one of the admins can edit the GDT if you see anything I goofed up on, enjoy the game everyone!

GDT thread is up, I wont be able to make any changes since I'll be home later tonight, but one of the admins can edit the GDT if you see anything I goofed up on, enjoy the game everyone!

I filled in the missing info for you - one game note, Zetterberg/Datsyuk will start on different lines tonight but are expected to be back together by the end.

Tonight's officials:

Referees: Tom Kowal, Marcus Vinnerborg

Linesmen: Pierre Racicot, Brad Lazarowich

I'm thinking this game will go to OT/shootout, and will hopefully end in another Habs W

I hope too. I have Howard and Detroit in my fantasy pool ^_^

Edit : And Datsyuk ...

Edited by JoeLassister

GO MARCUS VINNERBORG :)

Go Habs too.

:lol:

Rafalski dive was very weak for a 5 on 3 call. Even the too many men call. It was literally a fraction of a second. This game is iritating me a little. Gotta stay outta the box

I agree, that pen was extremely weak. Rafalski was bent over so far that when Plex knocked his stick he lost his balence. I dont think Plex even made contact with him, just his stick.

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

Anyone else hearing what I'm hearing? Ole ole ole in Joe Louis Arena!!! I don't believe it!

C'mon boys, we've got the momentum. Only down by one goal and plenty of time to go! Keep up the pressure, i get the feeling the Red wings are backing off a little!

Edited by Habsfan

I only watched the 3rd... and the it's like the Wings didn't even show. And the refs put their whistles away, which is too bad, considering they gave Detroit a 6-1 advantage in PPs the rest of the game.

Ah well, hell of a period, that's for sure. It was entertaining.

horrid reffing tonight. 6 powerplays to 1 which killed us. Pleks penalty was not a penalty. And then the refs missed a few at the end of the game.

but i guess what do you expect. the Wings always get the calls.

Reffing aside, the 2nd period did the Habs in tonight. When all the PK's were done, they just weren't able to get anything going, Detroit got that 3rd goal and that was that. A tremendous 3rd period though, I just hope they didn't burn too much energy going for the tie that it costs them tomorrow.