Injury news

Commandant

Kaberle is a no-go for tonight but should be back soon. Darche/Moen are taking the morning skate - they too won't play but will see game action between now and next weekend (barring any setbacks of course).

Too bad about Price. I hope it's just minor.

Wonder if he plays any of rest of season or Wc?

Shut him down til September. Don't ###### around with a concussion. Its a lost season for the Habs, and the WC don't mean that much to me. Hockey Canada understands if he has a concussion, he's been a loyal hockey canada guy (U18s and WJC)

If true, that means we may see Mayer get called up.  I feel better about Hamilton's playoff chances already...

They'll start Mayer Tuesday and then call him up after the game just to give him one more start to mess with you.

They'll start Mayer Tuesday and then call him up after the game just to give him one more start to mess with you.

That would be the logical way to do it since getting a backup goalie right now may be a bit of a challenge for Hamilton.

That would be the logical way to do it since getting a backup goalie right now may be a bit of a challenge for Hamilton.

True... but logical to me means the guy you are gonna call up should be the backup for Hamilton on Tuesday. Oklahoma to Montreal is a long flight and there will be some Jet Lag. Then he has to fly to Carolina after the Montreal game. If you want him to start in Carolina, you shouldn't start him in Oklahoma City.

sounds like Carey really wants that 2nd overall pick.....tank mode in full affect yall

all we need is for Subban and Patches to come down with the "stomache Flu" for the rest of the week and we're golden

True... but logical to me means the guy you are gonna call up should be the backup for Hamilton on Tuesday. Oklahoma to Montreal is a long flight and there will be some Jet Lag. Then he has to fly to Carolina after the Montreal game. If you want him to start in Carolina, you shouldn't start him in Oklahoma City.

If that means Delmas starts tomorrow, yippee. If they really don't want to use Delmas, then they'll have to start Mayer tomorrow as they can't get a backup for Hamilton before then. ECHL teams aren't going to be willing to loan guys out with their playoffs set to start, it wouldn't surprise me to see that part time coach/part time beer league goalie (DiPronio I think) wind up being the backup. They won't be able to get him to OKC in time for tomorrow meaning Mayer would at least have to dress tomorrow. I can't see the Habs starting him (they'll ride Budaj down the stretch) so jet lag isn't as big a concern.

Without Price, the Habs are basically the friggin Leafs!

I was just trying to think back when Price had last been injured and recall when it was, if ever?, maybe drafting a goalie like Subban or Makarov in 2nd or 3rd round might be prudent and on Timmins agenda?

Without Price, the Habs are basically the friggin Leafs!

I was just trying to think back when Price had last been injured and recall when it was, if ever?, maybe drafting a goalie like Subban or Makarov in 2nd or 3rd round might be prudent and on Timmins agenda?

I think drafting a goalie has always been on this years agenda.

Nokelainen may be a no-go tomorrow which, if White doesn't return, could force a call up. (And as much as certain members of the French speaking media want it to be Dumont, it really, really shouldn't be.) Of course, they could dress 7/11 again if Kaberle is good to go. I'm hoping the Habs wait until after the Hamilton game tonight to call up Mayer (for those who don't follow the Bulldog game threads on here, Lawson is injured).

Nokelainen may be a no-go tomorrow which, if White doesn't return, could force a call up. (And as much as certain members of the French speaking media want it to be Dumont, it really, really shouldn't be.) Of course, they could dress 7/11 again if Kaberle is good to go. I'm hoping the Habs wait until after the Hamilton game tonight to call up Mayer (for those who don't follow the Bulldog game threads on here, Lawson is injured).

Well Dumont up.

It's an undeserved recall, that's for sure. I'm hoping the logic was to hurt Hamilton as least as possible with that decision. Mayer up too, that should force Delmas in tonight.

Thats exactly what I thought, I've barely heard Dumont's name all year, this is surely just to minimize the impact on Hamilton.

I kinda hope we get Subban, lets stay in the family :P

I used to think the same way but now there is no chance I would want that.

What if Malcolm is drafted by the Habs rises quickly and drives a wedge in the relationship that Price and PK have, I would never want that.

I used to think the same way but now there is no chance I would want that.

What if Malcolm is drafted by the Habs rises quickly and drives a wedge in the relationship that Price and PK have, I would never want that.

Oh please, it's PK's little brother. He'll just beat up his brother for trying to take his friends place.

Oh please, it's PK's little brother. He'll just beat up his brother for trying to take his friends place.

And it might not even be PK that starts or influences the wedge at all.

But think about the Montreal media and the shit storm they could create if Malcom ever outplayed Price for a couple games or even if Price just had a couple bad starts.

And it might not even be PK that starts or influences the wedge at all.

But think about the Montreal media and the shit storm they could create if Malcom ever outplayed Price for a couple games or even if Price just had a couple bad starts.

I do my best not to think of the Montreal media.