Injury news

Commandant

I think Patches is back in less than 4 weeks.

What's Nokies time line?

They were saying a couple weeks past the start of the season. I recall he was skating (not with the team) back during training camp so one would think he'd be back soon unless there was a setback.

Patches (Wolverine) participated fully in practice today in a contact jersey. He said he felt fine until the 20 minutes of wind sprints at the end. Doesn't look like he'll be back tomorrow (he skated with Blunden), but it's looking sooner than the 3-4 weeks they had said.

• Upvote 1

Patches (Wolverine) participated fully in practice today in a contact jersey. He said he felt fine until the 20 minutes of wind sprints at the end. Doesn't look like he'll be back tomorrow (he skated with Blunden), but it's looking sooner than the 3-4 weeks they had said.

This name has to stick at some point haha

I'd be very surprised if he's not back by the end of next week. It's a minor surgery, he's already in the gym and doing full practices, doubt that means full contact, but that won't take long.

Question on canadiens.nhl.com Despite the shortened season, do you think Andrei Markov can still top his career high of 16 goals?

• For sure. 
    He's on fire!:37.76%
    Probably not, 16 goals in 48 games is a lot.:17.24%
    Doesn't matter as long as he stays healthy.: 45.00%

• 2 weeks later...

Upper body on Gallagher and Pacioretty, we'll know more today.

Armstrong got hit in the face (eye area) with the puck, so we should learn about that later too.

Emelin looked like he fell awkwardly on the arm, need to hear about him too.

What an unlucky game, can't say that any of those was particularly dirty.

We can thank our blessings till now. We may get to see where this team is really at. My thoughts go immediately to our first line of defense, Noky, White, Weber and Kaberle. Assumming that there are at least a couple of significant injuries here, does Darche come in to play, or do we draw from an already depleted line-up in Hamilton? I guess we wait, and see how bad the injuries are before we open the floodgates to speculation.

If all 3 forwards are out, at least 1 will need to be called up

(unless Noke is ready)

I would like to see the Habs play with 7 d men again as well.

Get Frank off the PP.

Patches suffered a deep cut to the rib area.

If all 3 forwards are out, at least 1 will need to be called up

(unless Noke is ready)

I would like to see the Habs play with 7 d men again as well.

Get Frank off the PP.

Patches suffered a deep cut to the rib area.

Wolverine may be a fast healer, but the kid really can't catch a break from injuries!

We can thank our blessings till now. We may get to see where this team is really at. My thoughts go immediately to our first line of defense, Noky, White, Weber and Kaberle. Assumming that there are at least a couple of significant injuries here, does Darche come in to play, or do we draw from an already depleted line-up in Hamilton? I guess we wait, and see how bad the injuries are before we open the floodgates to speculation.

Darche has abandoned his attempt to join the Devils, I suspect in doing so he has pretty much given up on playing. Nokelainen isn't skating as far as I know so he's likely not ready either.

Gallagher has a concussion and will not play tomorrow according to the team. (Permit me to add a bit more, he won't play this week at the very least I'd imagine). Price will dress as backup tomorrow, Mayer has been sent down. Subban didn't skate today, he has flu-like symptoms. Emelin and Pacioretty both practiced today although Pacioretty's playing status for tomorrow will be decided closer to game time.

Swell. Just as he was really heating up.

Gallagher has really impressed with his moxy and his hands, and it would be such a shame if his career is compromised by concussions. Let's hope it's minor, and that he bounces back and has a good long run without any further head injuries.

:habslogo: