Injury news

Commandant

• 2 weeks later...

Andrei Markov left today's KHL game after 8 minutes after colliding with an opponent, no word yet on what the injury is or how serious.

http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?15779

Where is the news ?

• 3 weeks later...

He's skating now but it still will be at least 2 weeks I'd imagine.

Or not. It was mentioned on the Hamilton broadcast tonight that they are "hopeful" that Leblanc could play in their upcoming pair of games in St. John's. Those are this coming Tuesday and Wednesday.

• 1 month later...

Rene Bourque finally received the green light from doctors and is now healthy (and locked out). If the season ever gets going, he'll be counted on to do a lot better than last year so it's nice to hear he's ready to go.

If they put him on the correct wing I think he'll have a decent season.

Well, it didn't take long for another injury to strike. Tomas Plekanec was taken to the hospital today for what is being reported as potentially cracked ribs. The whole team was healthy for a week at least, that's better than last year...

• 3 weeks later...

I think that would be an oppertunity to give Galy a fair look.

But unless he completely shows he is ready, I wouldn't want to five him more than a 5 or 6 game look that is allowed this year (can't remember the limit), and waste one of his entry level years.

Pleks is out 1 week, per Raymond Lavoie

I would let him stay as long as he's ready.

He's the best prospect we have had in 30 years.

If he's ready (And that means ready to play top 6 minutes even if at LW).... then play him in the NHL. Let him develop to the best of his potential against the best quality competition.

His development has to take precedence over the idea of saving one year of his contract.

Nokelainen skated with the callups today but still isn't going to be ready for the opener. Palushaj also skated albeit with a non-contact jersey. He will, barring a surprise recovery in the next couple of days, start the season on Montreal's SOIR.