Injury news

Commandant

Yeah I know that but the symptoms he is experiencing don't sound good.

Nope, welcome to the unknown world of concussions. Where a slight bump on the head could lead to brain loss while fourteen consecutive concussions you might not see any effect at all. Where you can fall off a building and be fine but your wife/girlfriend gets a little frisky, tackles you onto the bed, you hit your head on the bedboard and suddenly you have trouble remembering birthdays. Brain injuries are brain injuries. You really can't measure them yet. It took until the 21st Century to realize they are the issue they are.

Nothing shocking but Rene Bourque was placed on IR today which frees up the spot for Dumont. He already has sat the requisite time (it would have been done retroactively to the day after his last game) so he'll be eligible to be activated at any time.

Nothing shocking but Rene Bourque was placed on IR today which frees up the spot for Dumont. He already has sat the requisite time (it would have been done retroactively to the day after his last game) so he'll be eligible to be activated at any time.

I think he'll be out for sometime still, even if his symptoms clear hell need some type to get back in game shape.

Really sucks for Bourque. It seemed like he was buying in to the Therrien system and had found a way to be an effective part of the top 9. Now I see him having trouble re-finding a groove whenever he does return.

And if this was all because of a stupid fight with a Leaf at the end of a blowout it makes it worse.

Really sucks for Bourque. It seemed like he was buying in to the Therrien system and had found a way to be an effective part of the top 9. Now I see him having trouble re-finding a groove whenever he does return.

And if this was all because of a stupid fight with a Leaf at the end of a blowout it makes it worse.

This is the cause for sure, I have not a single doubt.

speaking of concussions, any word on Diaz and when he's going to be back?

There hasn't been any word about him or Bourque for that matter. From the sounds of it, neither of them are with the team at the moment.

Good thing with Prust's injury is that our schedule is smooth if he's only going to miss a few games.

March 10th (today) @ Panthers

March 13th : vs Sens

March 16th : @ Devils

March 19th : vs Sabres

no Philly, no Boston, no Pens, no Leafs. Good timing in the end.

Edit : rds.ca have Prust out for about 10 days with a minor shoulder luxation (first degree).

I am SO relieved that Prust's shoulder separation is only minor and he'll miss only 10 days. I usually wear my Prust jersey on game days, going more than 2-3 games without it is unbearable!

Dont u guys do a "Habs rule"-misstake on Prust now like he did on Bourque (or was it Diaz?). I bet tomorrow they will announce Prust has a concussion and will be put on IR.