Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Yandle would be a nice fit in our top 4..but, who would go the other way? DD and a pick? (just a suggestion :/ )

It'd be more than that, especially since he's under contract for next year. For Yandle, it's going to cost a quality core player (or a couple of high quality prospects/picks). Desharnais, a player that most don't think is worth much of anything, probably isn't the type of core player that they'd want.

Galleghar is part of our core going forward. Unless he is part of a package that gets us a Taylor hall type if young player, no way in hell should a heart and soul skilled player be moved for a one dimensional dman like yandle.

Bite my tongue, but what about Gallagher?

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

I don't even think there is a need for Yandle on this roster. We have the offensive D-man solidifying our top four. I think adding a guy like Luke Schenn who always lays the body and knows how to play in his own end is the direction we should be looking in.

Edited by Stogey24

I don't even think there is a need for Yandle on this roster. We have the offensive D-man solidifying out top four. I think adding a guy like Luke Schenn who always lays the body and knows how to play in his own is the direction we should be looking in.

The cost for him would be much lower. At this point, I think the Flyers would more or less give him away for free if they could because of their cap issues.

Guest Stogey24

The cost for him would be much lower. At this point, I think the Flyers would more or less give him away for free if they could because of their cap issues.

I didn't mean Gallagher in that trade. I just think Schenn could be q good fit in MTL. Right handed, young, blocks shots, plays gritty. He's been bounced out of Philly's line up acouple times too. He's worth 3.3 in my eyes

I like Schenn too, tough fella, plays like Stogey says... realistically, what could Bergevin do to acquire him?

Offer to take him for next to nothing. There's a good chance Philly would bite. They've been trying to move him for a couple of years now and have a whack of money on the books for next year already.

It's interesting that some here want him especially with another year at $3.6 M. If you think Emelin has been bad this year, you really won't like Schenn who has been worse. The Habs can find much better ways to spend the savings from Bourque's deal no longer being on the books.

Offer to take him for next to nothing. There's a good chance Philly would bite. They've been trying to move him for a couple of years now and have a whack of money on the books for next year already.

It's interesting that some here want him especially with another year at $3.6 M. If you think Emelin has been bad this year, you really won't like Schenn who has been worse. The Habs can find much better ways to spend the savings from Bourque's deal no longer being on the books.

Like a real 1st line RW...

I really don't think Yandel is the type of D-man we need at this point, too similar to the entire top 4 we already have. If Emelin can get his game together (which I have seen at least some signs of) and everyone stays healthy our D is in decent shape. I feel like Emelin and Gilbert are an above average third pairing. The one D-man that worries me is Gonchar. I hope he will still be effective in the playoffs. He is a Vet though so that has to count for something.

What we really need is that top 6 RW because we all know PAP and Weise are not the answers although they can be quite effective in other roles.

Lets hope Emelin returns to form, and I agree he has shown that he's fully capable. Maybe he had a slight injury that he played through, who knows? Seems to have turned a corner as of late, and i'm sure the break will do him some good. But yeah, I'd love for him to return to that bone-crunching, crease clearing, nasty piece of business that keeps opposing forwards honest whenever he's on the ice.

I guess should of posted Eberle 'hypotheticals' in trade proposal tread, maybe dlbalr can shift em?

But Gallagher as a home town boy and hard working may ruboff on Yakupov and the rest, would hate to lose him but Eberle simply is better finisher it seems.

sorry but eberle for gallagher is a sideways move in my opinion... a RW for a RW makes zero sense.. giving up a prospect and 2nd rounder to do it makes even less sense

eberle +4th for emelin, paranteau and 2nd or 3rd or

eller and 2nd or 3rd for eberle +4th/5th makes a little more....

id go for hall or eberle but definitely wouldn't go "all in" to do it